Hot Deals

[Best Buy] (Restocked w/ backorder) Acer Nitro 23.8" FHD 165Hz 2ms GTG IPS Monitor (XV240Y) $230

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 9:30 am
[OP]
Aug 5, 2019
24 posts
49 upvotes

[Best Buy] (Restocked w/ backorder) Acer Nitro 23.8" FHD 165Hz 2ms GTG IPS Monitor (XV240Y) $230

Starts June 5th, saw it in the flyer here on RFD

https://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/bes ... 20-160989/
Last edited by Njoelk on Jun 12th, 2020 3:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
38 replies
Nov 3, 2010
768 posts
659 upvotes
Really good price. Haven't seen a 24" w/ these specs before so it looks to be a new panel. $229 is a fantastic price given current conditions.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2019
24 posts
49 upvotes
I'm curious how this compares to the ASUS VG249Q, I just bought that but think I'll give this one a try as well and see which I like better
Dec 17, 2017
68 posts
112 upvotes
Is there anyone that owns this monitor that can give some feedback? Can't find many online reviews but seems like a good price.
Dec 20, 2011
6 posts
4 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Got this monitor for about 2 weeks now, replacing a 60hz tn panel. Im impressed with the colors. Speakers are terrible and to be expected. HDR mode is meh. Its bright even for 250nits. And for $230 it's a good deal. Very satisfied with this monitor.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2006
4607 posts
101 upvotes
Oakville
Just got one and set it up, thanks to the OP!

Its a nice monitor, only issue I have is the arm that holds the monitor up is very skinny, so the monitor shakes a bit when I type.

Also, the best buy site shows there's 2 USB 3.0 on the side of the monitor, but there isn't any on mine.

Anyone else have these issues?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5414 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
M.D. wrote: Just got one and set it up, thanks to the OP!

Its a nice monitor, only issue I have is the arm that holds the monitor up is very skinny, so the monitor shakes a bit when I type.

Also, the best buy site shows there's 2 USB 3.0 on the side of the monitor, but there isn't any on mine.

Anyone else have these issues?
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/m ... .QX0EE.P01

Yeah looks like there is... I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered.
Jun 6, 2013
393 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There’s no USB ports. Picked mine up from BB
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2006
4607 posts
101 upvotes
Oakville
JuniorMint wrote: There’s no USB ports. Picked mine up from BB
Ya, false advertising then on their site.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2019
24 posts
49 upvotes
M.D. wrote: Ya, false advertising then on their site.
Just checked, Acer has it that way on their site too lol
Dec 28, 2010
544 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
My apologies am slightly off topic, can anybody advise if its worth buying a touchscreen monitor for kindergarten and a first grader ?
Something like this:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/acer- ... verviewtab

Thinking of pairing it with refurbished optiplex or similar machine.
Will appreciate the advice
Aug 13, 2019
108 posts
219 upvotes
injuredcold wrote: My apologies am slightly off topic, can anybody advise if its worth buying a touchscreen monitor for kindergarten and a first grader ?
Something like this:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/acer- ... verviewtab

Thinking of pairing it with refurbished optiplex or similar machine.
Will appreciate the advice
I recommend an iPad Pro with an otterbox case and screen protector for a child. The experience is cheaper and better than Windows alternatives. Also, you can probably pick up a Used 2018 iPad Pro off Kijiji for about $800-950 depending on the size.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7478 posts
1626 upvotes
Mont-Royal
It's not 1440.. Awesome refresh rate but annoying resolution, means seeing less stuffs in the screen.

Sold out but you guys didn't miss anything in this deal.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101