Shopping Discussion

Best Buy Return Policy?? Any help please.

Oct 3, 2013
2 posts
KINGSTON

Best Buy Return Policy?? Any help please.

Hi everyone,
I bought a pair of Bluetooth headphones with an extended warranty totalling $408, the first time I went out with them for the day I had them constantly stopping and having to be reset.

I looked online and found other people had similar problems. This was only 3 days after I bought them, now I am out my money and can't even get a different pair, only the same kind. Furthermore they opened my replacement pair ruining the resale value as I do not plan on keeping these.

My question to anyone who may know. We're they justified in opening my replacement pair?

I was told a couple different stories by employees of Best buy, which one was they had to make sure I wasn't getting another defective pair, which they didn't even turn them on to check, which would've been pointless anyways had it been the same defect i experienced as it was after a few uses and a couple hours into that days use.

The other story the manager gave me was it was fraud prevention, and he also stated on their website they opened product exchanges if the one being returned was opened which I found nowhere on their site after plenty of wasted time.

I am getting my Product replacement money back tomorrow, which will be less than a week after I bought them , but meanwhile I am stuck with a pair of opened beats I don't want and could've got more for on eBay had they been in the sealed box.

The lady even peeled the stickers back on the earpieces slightly ripping one for some strange reason as if seeing behind them was of any purpose.

I am totally unhappy with this experience, and will go out of my way from shopping there in the future as the staff seemed quite unprofessional and rude. I am more put off by the principal of it all than the money I spent which in my case is quite a lot of money.

Thank you
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
They opened them to make sure you can't turn around and return them for a refund. The only thing you could do is try to take the issue up the chain of command. Don't bother with the customer service line as they will just route the complaint back to the store. Ask for the contact information for the General Manager and if that does not help ask for the district manager. That being said what ground do you have to ask them to break their policy for you. If the headphones have an exchange only policy the store exchanged them for you. Also why did you buy headphones for that price after reading reviews showing that there might be issues with them?
Oct 3, 2013
2 posts
KINGSTON
Thanks for your reply, to answer your question. I didn't read all these reviews until I had a problem and checked to see if others had the same problem as I did.

I received defective headphones and would have been happy to get a different pair or my store credit that is part of the extended policy I paid for in order to get a better pair of headphones an something else if they were less money even if it meant losing my 60$ + tax I paid for that warranty, even though it has only been a few days since purchase.

They have my name from the warranty and could easily see on their computers if I had returned an open box voiding the closed box return policy.

The pair I received were doing the same thing today, stopping for no reason, sometimes being able to hit pause then play to get them to start again and on several occasions having to turn them off and on.

It seems they have some kind of bug that conflicts with my iPad when other apps are used that continues to cause problems even when I am have stopped using any apps and just going about my day listening to music.

I read that a girl was told they had a lot of those returns from the best buy she took them back to on the best buy site where I was reading reviews.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2005
1064 posts
66 upvotes
Downtown TO
I'm assuming these are covered under a product replacement plan?

If so:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/prp.aspx

Submit a claim, print the prepaid shipping label. Send it off to UPS or whoever the courier is. You'll receive a gift card for amount purchased in the mail a week later.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)