Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Ring Alarm System with Extra Keypad, Motion Sensor, and Contact Sensors - 239.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2019 12:41 pm
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 12, 2013
15 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Best Buy] Ring Alarm System with Extra Keypad, Motion Sensor, and Contact Sensors - 239.99

Ring Alarm System with:

Base Station
2 x Keypad Control Panels
2 x Motion Detectors
3 x Contact Sensors
1 x Range Extender
18 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 17, 2017
136 posts
153 upvotes
Ottawa
All of the stores are having promos. Lowes,HD etc. Is it the lowest price. Possible to drop during black friday sales ?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3211 posts
1566 upvotes
chenw25 wrote: This or the Home Depot kit?
The Best Buy set appears to be a better value, but only if you are going to use everything that it comes with, For me it's a tough call because I don't think I'd use the extra keypad, but would use the second motion sensor but also would use a 4th contact sensor (HD kit only). I think I'd be further ahead though buying the BB set, selling the extra keypad and then buying an extra contact sensor.
Sr. Member
Apr 12, 2008
969 posts
311 upvotes
How useful is this without the $15/month monitoring? I'm assuming you get everything the same, just except the outgoing phone call if the alarm is tripped?
Member
May 5, 2015
217 posts
158 upvotes
Dundas, ON
fancypantsfloyd wrote: How useful is this without the $15/month monitoring? I'm assuming you get everything the same, just except the outgoing phone call if the alarm is tripped?
Yah, according to their site, you still get notifications on your phone and email. If you have cameras or doorbells from them then it's really worth it to get the $10 protect plus plan. Otherwise camera is pretty much useless as it won't be able to store any videos.
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 12, 2013
15 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yep it really depends on your needs. Having two motion sensors and two keypads were a must for my situation. One motion sensor in the front door and the other for the walkout backyard entrance. One keypad for the front door and the other for the entrance from the garage.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
11344 posts
16356 upvotes
Ottawa
Does these unit “ recognize you “ as you approach with smartphone or you always have to disarm using app or keypad ?
Member
User avatar
Feb 11, 2019
318 posts
383 upvotes
ON
stephroll wrote: Does these unit “ recognize you “ as you approach with smartphone or you always have to disarm using app or keypad ?
It asks if you have Amazon Prime, if you don’t it calls the police
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32019 posts
17906 upvotes
Ottawa
stephroll wrote: Does these unit “ recognize you “ as you approach with smartphone or you always have to disarm using app or keypad ?
No geofence.
Use the app or keyboard to arm/disarm.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2007
1341 posts
320 upvotes
GVRD
overtask wrote: It asks if you have Amazon Prime, if you don’t it calls the police
Haha, reminds me of the Southpark episode - unfulfilled
Jr. Member
Oct 7, 2017
187 posts
368 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: The Best Buy set appears to be a better value, but only if you are going to use everything that it comes with, For me it's a tough call because I don't think I'd use the extra keypad, but would use the second motion sensor but also would use a 4th contact sensor (HD kit only). I think I'd be further ahead though buying the BB set, selling the extra keypad and then buying an extra contact sensor.
Hey I got home depot combo, you wanna switch ur keypad for my door sensor?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3211 posts
1566 upvotes
Pupsik27 wrote: Hey I got home depot combo, you wanna switch ur keypad for my door sensor?
No thanks. I ended up buying the BB and HD set. Not 100% sure yet, but thinking of keeping the pieces from each set that I need and then selling off the remainder.
Newbie
Nov 23, 2016
22 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Love that this came with an extra keypad. Sealed the deal for me. Cheers!
Newbie
Feb 21, 2007
50 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone here have issue installing sensor on casement windows with filter screen?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)