Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Ring Alarm System Whole Home Security $219.98 with free Echo Dot Gen 3

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 7:04 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1433 posts
69 upvotes
mega56 wrote: Did you have to go into the store to return the dot? And can all this be done online before it gets delivered?
In store. How would you return it without the actual item. On my receipt the dot showed up as $44.79.
Oct 24, 2006
59 posts
34 upvotes
Is it possible to connect this with an existing home alarm system?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32728 posts
18498 upvotes
Ottawa
espx wrote: Is it possible to connect this with an existing home alarm system?
No, you would need something like Envisalink.
I highly recommend it for those wanting to convert an existing DSC panel to self monitoring.
Jan 13, 2008
171 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
doubleA wrote: In store. How would you return it without the actual item. On my receipt the dot showed up as $44.79.
I thought maybe you could buy it online and return just the dot right away before it gets delivered (to avoid going to the store)
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3994 posts
710 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Yes, you have to wait for the bundle to ship and then you can access the receipt on Best Buy's website.
Receipt was emailed to me when it shipped and the echo showed up separately so now I can return it :) Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4498 posts
1035 upvotes
Wat
Set this up yesterday and works pretty well. Does anyone know if extra motion/door sensors go on sale often?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3994 posts
710 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: Set this up yesterday and works pretty well. Does anyone know if extra motion/door sensors go on sale often?
Been checking since it was released and have never seen them go on sale yet, might of missed some flash sale but haven't seen any threads about them either.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13116 posts
4804 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If anyone in the GTA missed the sale and wanted one, PM me.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10109 posts
4657 upvotes
Received mine and the dot was priced at 44.75 so returned it not too bad.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Jun 1, 2015
498 posts
160 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Might be a silly question but if the sensors on the ring alarm are used on windows and someone smashes the window to try and break in, does that trigger the alarm?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4498 posts
1035 upvotes
Wat
RigorMortis wrote: Might be a silly question but if the sensors on the ring alarm are used on windows and someone smashes the window to try and break in, does that trigger the alarm?
No, the window would still need to be opened to trigger the sensor. If the window is not opened, then you rely on the motion sensor to trigger if the person manages to get in.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13116 posts
4804 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RigorMortis wrote: Might be a silly question but if the sensors on the ring alarm are used on windows and someone smashes the window to try and break in, does that trigger the alarm?
To protect against windows being smashed, you'll need a glass break sensor. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Ring offers that type of sensor in their line of sensors. And being a closed ecosystem, you won't be able to integrate a 3rd party sensor into the mix.
Jan 12, 2006
314 posts
99 upvotes
Woodbridge
rvs007 wrote: To protect against windows being smashed, you'll need a glass break sensor. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Ring offers that type of sensor in their line of sensors. And being a closed ecosystem, you won't be able to integrate a 3rd party sensor into the mix.
Ring / Amazon will be releasing the functionality to utilize the ECHO as a glass breakage and other sound detection. I eagerly waiting for this as well as integration to arm/disarm via voice. Unfortuantely i am all google (have almost 10 google homes and a billion chromecasts) but i may have to now run both google and echo for alarm integration.