Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Ring Pathlight / Spotlight Smart LED / Smart Motion sensor (up to 50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 10:36 am
[OP]
Dec 19, 2005
151 posts
69 upvotes

[Best Buy] Ring Pathlight / Spotlight Smart LED / Smart Motion sensor (up to 50% off)

Hi Everyone,

I was looking on Best Buy for a Ring Chime, and noticed they had some of their smart lighting products on sale

Free shipping on orders over $35

Ring Pathlight Smart LED Kit - $69.99 (SAVE $40)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ri ... t/14358697

Ring Pathlight Smart LED Light - Black - $19.97 (SAVE $20)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ri ... k/13887313

Ring Spotlight Smart LED Light Kit with Bridge - 2 Pack - $79.99 (SAVE $59)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ri ... k/13887312

Ring Spotlight Smart LED Light - White - $29.99 (SAVE $25)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ri ... e/13887315

Ring Smart Motion Sensor - Black - $19.99 (SAVE $15)
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ri ... k/13887314
39 replies
Aug 12, 2020
32 posts
67 upvotes
If I am not mistaken, they all require Ring Bridge...?
[OP]
Dec 19, 2005
151 posts
69 upvotes
t3dd1e wrote: If I am not mistaken, they all require Ring Bridge...?
Yep, the ones that say 'kit' include the bridge
Sep 30, 2008
739 posts
185 upvotes
Edmonton
Seems like a good deal for these but they’re all battery powered. Anyone want to comment on how well they work in the winter here..?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2001
2410 posts
180 upvotes
Sinoed wrote: Seems like a good deal for these but they’re all battery powered. Anyone want to comment on how well they work in the winter here..?
Avoiding them because of the battery requirement. 4 D Cell batteries? No thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1865 posts
1129 upvotes
Kitchener
If you have the ring home alarm kit, does that work or do you specifically need this bridge in the kit?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2153 posts
755 upvotes
Toronto
keyser-soze wrote: If you have the ring home alarm kit, does that work or do you specifically need this bridge in the kit?
I think you need the bridge. I wanted to get the sensors for $20 but it says you need bridge... Have to Google a little more I guess to see if any workarounds
Dec 18, 2010
537 posts
371 upvotes
Vancouver
enforcerviper wrote: Avoiding them because of the battery requirement. 4 D Cell batteries? No thanks.
Yikes. I need garden lights but staying away from these based off this alone. Thanks for the heads up.
Jun 29, 2015
38 posts
39 upvotes
London, ON
I have been using the ring pathlights for about 5 months now and they are fantastic. Yes you need a bridge and they use D cell batteries.. but the bridge allows them to sync, have remote control with the app and provide notifications (if say someome walks by them at night, now you know what time to check the cameras). In the 5 months I have only used 10% of the battery, but have reduced the brightness to about 50%. They work great in the winter so far without any issues.. but it hasn't been that cold yet in southwestern Ontario. Hope that helps
Dec 22, 2001
836 posts
134 upvotes
Damn. I really wanted these... but doesnt ship to QC Disappointed Face
May 22, 2016
529 posts
606 upvotes
I'd love these in my backyard, but I just know my kids will crush them with the soccer ball. Being LED lights, and I the D Cell battery would last a long time.....get rechargeable batteries for them.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1092 posts
668 upvotes
Is there any sort of subscription required for these? Or just the bridge?
May 19, 2011
67 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Sinoed wrote: Seems like a good deal for these but they’re all battery powered. Anyone want to comment on how well they work in the winter here..?
I'd be curious about this as well. Since they don't include Lithium batteries, cold weather is likely an issue....
Oct 3, 2007
235 posts
150 upvotes
AngryBear wrote: I'd be curious about this as well. Since they don't include Lithium batteries, cold weather is likely an issue....
I was looking into this as well. A review on Amazon.ca said they use AA adapters and put in lithium batteries and have had no problems during winter. They said they were located in Edmonton
Nov 13, 2018
510 posts
1212 upvotes
Can anyone speak to the spotlight kit? I'm thinking Spotlight Kit (Comes with Bridge) and a motion sensor for $100+tax seems pretty good actually. I can't seem to get a hardwired motion light that doesn't crap-out after a short period of time from any hardware retailer.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
7478 posts
3690 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: Can anyone speak to the spotlight kit? I'm thinking Spotlight Kit (Comes with Bridge) and a motion sensor for $100+tax seems pretty good actually. I can't seem to get a hardwired motion light that doesn't crap-out after a short period of time from any hardware retailer.
Well, at least if you go the Ring route and you're paying the $100 USD / year for all your devices extended warranty, hopefully it's not difficult to exchange anything.
Mar 22, 2006
145 posts
45 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks OP, bought the spotlight kit and additional motion sensors
Jan 12, 2017
174 posts
55 upvotes
can I schedule the on/off for Pathlights? when they are off, will they be on after detecting motion?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

vancity1