Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Ring Pathlight / Spotlight Smart LED / Smart Motion sensor (up to 50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 10:36 am
Jun 29, 2015
38 posts
39 upvotes
London, ON
Yes you can schedule the lights to be on or activated by motion during certain times.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2407 posts
328 upvotes
Burnaby
interesting products.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Nov 13, 2018
510 posts
1212 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote: Well, at least if you go the Ring route and you're paying the $100 USD / year for all your devices extended warranty, hopefully it's not difficult to exchange anything.
Yeah I definitely wouldn't be paying anything like that for a warranty.
Jan 17, 2009
680 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
mikebmt wrote: Yeah I definitely wouldn't be paying anything like that for a warranty.
It's not just warranty. Its for the home alarm monitoring and cloud video storage. The warranty on products is cherry on top
Nov 13, 2018
510 posts
1212 upvotes
xerane wrote: It's not just warranty. Its for the home alarm monitoring and cloud video storage. The warranty on products is cherry on top
Yeah I am already fully invested into Google technology for that stuff, but I need a motion sensor light that isn't terrible so I was more asking about the quality and whatnot. I wouldn't be paying for the other stuff, just the lights and bridge and motion sensor.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2115 posts
1119 upvotes
Toronto
enforcerviper wrote: Avoiding them because of the battery requirement. 4 D Cell batteries? No thanks.
are you referring the path lights?

now they are powered by rechargeable battery instead of 4 D cells batteries. it is quite convenience, u can just snap it off and take it inside to recharge.

however, i believe the spotlight is still powered by 4 Dcells.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8689 posts
1395 upvotes
Thanks OP. I'm already invested in the Ring ecosphere with all the cameras so getting the spotlight with a bridge is a good deal. The bridge itself at regular price is almost the price of this sale at 80 bucks. I think the bridge is like $70 on its own so kind of a no brainer to get the spotlight and even if it craps out, I can reuse the bridge to get other ring lights.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 9, 2019
113 posts
47 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: Can anyone speak to the spotlight kit? I'm thinking Spotlight Kit (Comes with Bridge) and a motion sensor for $100+tax seems pretty good actually. I can't seem to get a hardwired motion light that doesn't crap-out after a short period of time from any hardware retailer.
I have the hardwired motion spotlight bought from Costco few years ago for 49$. Still going strong
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11335 posts
3565 upvotes
Toronto
How do you mount the spotlight on the wall?
Hammerdrill needed if mounting on the brick?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Nov 13, 2018
510 posts
1212 upvotes
Dealfiber wrote: I have the hardwired motion spotlight bought from Costco few years ago for 49$. Still going strong
Can you let me know which one? There are only two listed on their site, one has bad reviews and the second isn't hardwired. So I assume you have the $83 one with bad reviews?

The solar panel one that isn't reviewed looks pretty good.
Aug 17, 2008
853 posts
345 upvotes
Markham, ON
theredwing wrote: Yes you can schedule the lights to be on or activated by motion during certain times.
Do you have to have the bridge to do this? Basically if the lights don't go off during the day by default that would be fantastic.
eBay Profile: squash252
Sep 23, 2012
167 posts
142 upvotes
White Rock BC
turtlenuts wrote: Do you have to have the bridge to do this? Basically if the lights don't go off during the day by default that would be fantastic.
I have a motion-sensitive light that doesn't trigger through the day, but does throughout the night. The bridge allows you to control outdoor Ring lights via WiFi through their app.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3374 posts
1280 upvotes
Brampton
Question for the spotlight owners. When it detects motion and lights up, is there an option to notify you in app if so?
nada
Jan 17, 2009
680 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Aw damn took my sweet time and the path light kit went OOS.
Jul 4, 2006
215 posts
356 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks op! I got my price adjustment for 10 pathlights that I bought during Black Friday sale for $29.97 each. Save me another $100 and now I ordered 4 more!
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1189 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
Wish the solar path lights would come to Canada.

Starter kit sold out now. How long do the batteries normally last?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2153 posts
755 upvotes
Toronto
Question for those that have these lights already running - do they work without internet (say your internet was down). Basically trying to see if say a Ring Motion Sensor (from in this thread) could trigger a Ring Camera to start recording (rather another light on the bridge) even if internet is down?
Last edited by esq05 on Jan 16th, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 1, 2011
547 posts
127 upvotes
Ajax
Thanks OP-got 6 of the path lights price matched with Homedepot online chat for $121.84 all-in ($17.98+tax for each)-Too bad the kit is sold out at BB. If anybody has an extra bridge and is willing to sell at a reasonable cost-please DM me.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
7478 posts
3690 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: Yeah I definitely wouldn't be paying anything like that for a warranty.
The warranty is a bonus feature, on top of the professional monitoring, and saving motion capture videos to the cloud, etc.

The idea is if you're locked into the Ring ecosystem, you get full support for all devices and it will only cost $100 USD / yr. Which beats what the folks were paying ADT / Telus ($400/yr) for alarm monitoring alone.
Aug 17, 2008
853 posts
345 upvotes
Markham, ON
dwil99 wrote: I have a motion-sensitive light that doesn't trigger through the day, but does throughout the night. The bridge allows you to control outdoor Ring lights via WiFi through their app.
Yeah most motion sensor lights don't turn on during the day.

I received my Spotlight last night and unfortunately can confirm that it WILL turn on the light during the day when motion is detected. I purchased just the standalone light without the Bridge so there's no way to change it's behaviour. Might be a deal breaker for some people. It's definitely disappointing that even as a "dumb" device it's not smart enough to have a light sensor.
eBay Profile: squash252