Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Ring Pro Doorbell + Chime + Echo Show 5 $228.99 (reg $458.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2020 6:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4564 posts
1059 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Best Buy] Ring Pro Doorbell + Chime + Echo Show 5 $228.99 (reg $458.99)

Save $230. Both Charcoal and Sandstone colours are on sale.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ri ... e/B0012256

Hot considering just the Ring Doorbell Pro is $230 (basically Chime and Echo Show free).
38 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
1102 posts
31 upvotes
yeah, deal's so hot, I bought 2 sets for my family even thought I just bought the Doorbell 2 during Black Friday
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16595 posts
2311 upvotes
I wish these doorbells were 0.5" narrower... a lot of houses have very narrow frames and unfortuantely that's where the doorbell is mounted and none of these smart doorbells fit.
Last edited by coolspot on Dec 28th, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
1102 posts
31 upvotes
Just bought a third set for ... problem with hosting Christmas parties for family. Everybody wants a gift.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3414 posts
1431 upvotes
Ottawa
Regret getting this combo.
A. The echo 5 is so small it's hard to imagine where or who'd want to use it. It's smaller than our family cell phones.. So put that on a counter and step away?... Why.

B. The audio is really bad in two way mode.. Video is ok, but audio is unintelligible. Noted as a frequent problem in forums. Might be defective, I'm upgrading wifi but heck it's 10ft from the bell modem..
Nov 21, 2007
566 posts
71 upvotes
Wonder if there is anyway to return the chime and echo, only keep the doorbell...
Sep 3, 2015
170 posts
102 upvotes
Kitchener- Waterloo
Navon01 wrote: Wonder if there is anyway to return the chime and echo, only keep the doorbell...
I believe you can but they will only refund you what was charged for each item as a bundle, not what it sells individually. Usually this info can be found in your invoice.
Sep 3, 2015
170 posts
102 upvotes
Kitchener- Waterloo
shylok wrote: Regret getting this combo.
A. The echo 5 is so small it's hard to imagine where or who'd want to use it. It's smaller than our family cell phones.. So put that on a counter and step away?... Why.

B. The audio is really bad in two way mode.. Video is ok, but audio is unintelligible. Noted as a frequent problem in forums. Might be defective, I'm upgrading wifi but heck it's 10ft from the bell modem..
Really? I bought this during black Friday but haven't had a chance to install it yet. I also read a review somewhere about poor two way audio but someone had mentioned that it got somewhat better after an update?
Jul 16, 2012
221 posts
98 upvotes
Laval, QC
Price seems really good but the above comments are scaring me. Is the 2way audio this bad?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4670 posts
3733 upvotes
CiviCity wrote: Price seems really good but the above comments are scaring me. Is the 2way audio this bad?
It's terrible and not really usable for communication (door bell), I've tried moving router right by doorbell, also have a chime pro

I think it's just limitation of the hardware

Also, if you get a notification of movement or smth, often the doorbell is not reachable until a few mins later when it's done uploading the video to the cloud

I think it's just very underpowered hardware in the thing

I have a ring pro and chime pro
Jul 16, 2012
221 posts
98 upvotes
Laval, QC
StatsGuy wrote: It's terrible and not really usable for communication (door bell), I've tried moving router right by doorbell, also have a chime pro

Also, if you get a notification of movement or smth, often the doorbell is not reachable until a few mins later when it's done uploading the video to the cloud

Oh wow ok. This makes me wonder if its really worth it or not.

Video wise, how is it?
Hows the chime? Does that mean ill have 2 chimes at home with this kit? Or I have to disable the one at my house and use only the one included in the kit?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4670 posts
3733 upvotes
CiviCity wrote: Oh wow ok. This makes me wonder if its really worth it or not.

Video wise, how is it?
Hows the chime? Does that mean ill have 2 chimes at home with this kit? Or I have to disable the one at my house and use only the one included in the kit?
Videowise it's fine the quality once it's uploaded to cloud or just a live view. Audio is bad period

If you get the chime pro, you should disconnect your current chime (chime bypass adapter came with chime pro) and the chime pro will make the sound. They recommend you do this to ensure stable/consistent power to the doorbell as it uses your current doorbell wire and mechanical chime if left on can temp draw power needed for the doorbell

If I could do it all over again, I'll go with nest doorbell as it's a better product from my research
Jul 16, 2012
221 posts
98 upvotes
Laval, QC
StatsGuy wrote: Videowise it's fine the quality once it's uploaded to cloud or just a live view. Audio is bad period

If you get the chime pro, you should disconnect your current chime (chime bypass adapter came with chime pro) and the chime pro will make the sound. They recommend you do this to ensure stable/consistent power to the doorbell as it uses your current doorbell wire and mechanical chime if left on can temp draw power needed for the doorbell

If I could do it all over again, I'll go with nest doorbell as it's a better product from my research
Thank you for your honest opinion. Saved me 300$ and some frustration
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8756 posts
1435 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: It's terrible and not really usable for communication (door bell), I've tried moving router right by doorbell, also have a chime pro

What do u mean the doorbell is not reachable until it’s uploaded to cloud? I have the doorbell and the video takes a couple of mins to upload before you can view it but the live view works right away.

Two way audio might not be the best but my house is facing major Mackenzie drive so it’s hard to hear given how loud cars are but it’s fine with my parents’ house as they are on a quiet street.

Maybe you have a defective product?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 23, 2012
117 posts
8 upvotes
Cant decide between this or the nest?

Was thinking of getting this, especially since monthly payments are lower but these posts are kinda making me hold off
Feb 27, 2008
257 posts
98 upvotes
calgary
Same here.
Nest is changing cloud plans in 2020. Might make more cheaper!!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4670 posts
3733 upvotes
bobbings wrote: What do u mean the doorbell is not reachable until it’s uploaded to cloud? I have the doorbell and the video takes a couple of mins to upload before you can view it but the live view works right away.

Two way audio might not be the best but my house is facing major Mackenzie drive so it’s hard to hear given how loud cars are but it’s fine with my parents’ house as they are on a quiet street.

Maybe you have a defective product?
Nope, tried a couple and friends have same issue.

If you get a notification of movement and then go live view, half the time it doesn't work and can't reach the camera. After a few min when video is uploaded,doorbell is reachable again

Reading on Reddit and forums, it's likely due to the processor and bandwidth overloaded and can't handle upload and live view at sametime,
Last edited by StatsGuy on Dec 27th, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2368 posts
1059 upvotes
I dont know how much the chime is worth but the ring pro has been on sale for 120 and the echo show 5 is currently on sale for 65, which would make it cheaper than this bundle no?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1524 posts
632 upvotes
I never have this issue but I am on 1000mbps internet, I would agree that echo 5 is best as an alarm clock, 8 is good for kitchen. 5 also has poor resolution.

I picked Amazon over Google due to pricing and cloud plan for Google stinks. Hardware is very comparable.
Selling 2017 Ford Focus Electric, White, Cloth, 2 Sets of Tires and Rims, Undercoated and 3M Front End, 56k, - $16,000.00
Selling 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Unlimited Hybrid, White, 18inch x 2 Sets of Wheels, Undercoated, 48k, Extend War - $38,000.00