Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Ring Smart Battery Powered Outdoor LED Spotlight - $19.97 | 2 Pack Kit with Bridge - $59.97

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2021 1:48 am
[OP]
Mar 8, 2013
508 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Ring Smart Battery Powered Outdoor LED Spotlight - $19.97 | 2 Pack Kit with Bridge - $59.97

27 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16858 posts
4630 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Power
4 D-cell Batteries (not included)

Battery
*1 Year under normal use (8-10 light activations a day at Level 8 brightness, 20 seconds duration) Battery life is dependent on device settings, usage, and other factors. Brightness may decrease as battery life is depleted.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9469 posts
2316 upvotes
For the sale price, I’d say it’s not bad but the battery powered option is probably what’s going to scare off a lot of people. My parents are using it and no issues with the batteries so far (half a year so far).
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1405 posts
1195 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP.
Ring is totally new to me, anyone knows what is the bridge for?
If I only buy the sportlight, can I still view motion on my phone?
What is the difference between this one and the $200 Ring Sportlight?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9469 posts
2316 upvotes
tofubb wrote: Thanks OP.
Ring is totally new to me, anyone knows what is the bridge for?
If I only buy the sportlight, can I still view motion on my phone?
What is the difference between this one and the $200 Ring Sportlight?
The bridge is so that you can link all the spotlights together. That way, you can have them all turn on if one light detects motion. You can also see the motion detection on your Ring app but if you don't have a bridge, it will just be a dummied down motion sensor light.

The Ring spotlight for $200+ comes with a camera and are wired for power instead of using batteries. That is obviously the better route to go if you're thinking long term use but for the price of these battery powered devices, it's not bad.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1405 posts
1195 upvotes
Vancouver
bobbings wrote: The bridge is so that you can link all the spotlights together. That way, you can have them all turn on if one light detects motion. You can also see the motion detection on your Ring app but if you don't have a bridge, it will just be a dummied down motion sensor light.

The Ring spotlight for $200+ comes with a camera and are wired for power instead of using batteries. That is obviously the better route to go if you're thinking long term use but for the price of these battery powered devices, it's not bad.
Thanks, I think this is what I am looking for. I don’t know how to deal with the wire and the solar power one cannot last long in winter. Yes, batteries are expensive, if I need to change twice per year, cost is about $15/year.
Does Ring require subscription? Worth to get the bridge.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9469 posts
2316 upvotes
tofubb wrote: Thanks, I think this is what I am looking for. I don’t know how to deal with the wire and the solar power one cannot last long in winter. Yes, batteries are expensive, if I need to change twice per year, cost is about $15/year.
Does Ring require subscription? Worth to get the bridge.
For this particular bridge and lights, you don't need a subscription as there is no camera or monitoring required. You download the Ring App and just install and hook up the bridge with the lights.

Batteries are cheap even though they are D cell batteries. Dollarama sells 2 for like $1.25 and you need 4 to power 1 light up. Buy bulk on Amazon for a better deal if you want.

Get the package with the bridge. It's worth it when you start to get more lights later on. Also a good option to turn on and off your lights from the app.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 20, 2019
106 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
Thank you OP.

Are there any issues with using these in a Canadian winter, like the cameras?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4102 upvotes
Toronto
RobinW51044 wrote: It will probably last a few days in winter....
Can you elaborate? Are these not weather proof?
May 6, 2020
306 posts
366 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Can you elaborate? Are these not weather proof?
The device might be weather proof, but battery is not...how many times your phone shut off itself when you use it outside in winter.. Common sense
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15427 posts
10069 upvotes
Southern Ontario
You can also get 270 degree solar motion lights on Amazon for around 4/$30, if don’t particularly need remote control.

Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1405 posts
1195 upvotes
Vancouver
creuset wrote: Thank you OP.

Are there any issues with using these in a Canadian winter, like the cameras?
I just read the Q&A on Amazon.ca, most people said it will survive in Canada weather, but one said his Sportlight stopped working at -23 degree.
Aug 30, 2009
85 posts
173 upvotes
Calgary
fightbriz wrote: Can you elaborate? Are these not weather proof?
Batteries and very cold temperatures don't mix well.
Jan 21, 2014
287 posts
100 upvotes
Vancouver
Sold out.

If you already have a ring alarm that is monitored do you still need the bridge?
Sep 4, 2015
445 posts
383 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
AncasterRFD wrote: You can also get 270 degree solar motion lights on Amazon for around 4/$30, if don’t particularly need remote control.

Yeah I was going to suggest these. If you don't need the functionality of the bridge go with a solar option. I've had 4 around my house and 2 at the cottage for about three years now still going strong. These were cheap Amazon LEDs with motion detection. No batteries to switch.

Keep in mind with batteries, as long as they're charging or kept at a high charge they shouldn't get damaged by the cold. If you let a battery discharge and stay low/dead in the cold you're asking for trouble which is why solar is better. Not to mention solar panels work better in the cold
Not cheap but frugal

$30/10GB PhoneBox plan
Oct 23, 2017
47 posts
57 upvotes
Thanks. I picked this up.
I am on the ring ecosystem.
Will be using one for inside garage and one for my basement gym where my basement is unfinished and a little dark in one of the areas.
Jan 12, 2003
764 posts
366 upvotes
Just ordered a pack of the 2 white spotlight + bridge, plus ordered 2 motion sensors for outdoor…

I had bought a motion sensor last month but once I learned I needed a bridge to make it work , my alarm base wouldn’t work as a bridge..

I ended up taking it up back at the time and orderd 2 hue outdoor sensors..( im trying to build a perimiter check around my yard..)

The hue sensors are quite easy to set off, the trees moving in my neighbors yard is triggering it.

I also wanted to add some spotlights on the backside of my soffits facing down the side should anyone feel the need tk go back there…

This sale works wonders for me , I can still return my hue sensors to amazon and will end up saving money.

I hope these show up in home assistant…my alarm system does.

Thanks op.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo | 2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card | 2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt | 2009 - Wonder Bread Watch
Dec 7, 2020
267 posts
137 upvotes
bobbings wrote: The bridge is so that you can link all the spotlights together. That way, you can have them all turn on if one light detects motion. You can also see the motion detection on your Ring app but if you don't have a bridge, it will just be a dummied down motion sensor light.

thanks for the detail and i would grab at least 2 of these to scare of our bike thief in the underground parking

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)