• May 24th, 2022 11:14 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 8, 2013
22 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] Roborock S7 $699.99

The Roborock S7 is on sale for $699 but unfortunately it doesn't come with the auto empty dock. For some reason, the S7+ with the auto empty dock is $1249, which isn't worth it. Thoughts on this deal?

The S7 MaxV is also out, but only on American websites, which would cost about double after taxes and conversion fees.
Thread Summary
Not sure what to look for? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best robot vacuums!
44 replies
Jun 12, 2020
221 posts
115 upvotes
Good price & good machine but marketplace seller
Last edited by pewlykertor on Apr 25th, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3636 posts
4922 upvotes
I'm still using my roborock 1st gen vacuum... I haven't seen the need to even upgrade yet. I guess if someone were to try to find a gen 1 vacuum, probably rather cheap ($400 aliexpress)

The newer model supports mopping, but at the same time, you are only allowed to put water in the tank. Not too sure how practical it is for the mopping feature.

Any ever had their hardwood scratched from the micro vibrations of the mop feature?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3068 posts
1105 upvotes
Lévis
renegadeavenger wrote: I'm still using my roborock 1st gen vacuum... I haven't seen the need to even upgrade yet. I guess if someone were to try to find a gen 1 vacuum, probably rather cheap ($400 aliexpress)

The newer model supports mopping, but at the same time, you are only allowed to put water in the tank. Not too sure how practical it is for the mopping feature.

Any ever had their hardwood scratched from the micro vibrations of the mop feature?
Mop doesn't replace a real cleanup but it's better than nothing (not bad but average result). With the vibration on this one, I'm sure it makes a good job (but not great). One of the best feature IMO is the fact that the mop will lift to clean the carpets. I have a S5max and I have to create no mop zones. Fortunatly I don't use the mop often but when I do, it's forget the carpets.

But parts are to be bough from China and it's very hard to differenciate knock out over guenine parts.

Not sure I'll trust a marketplace merchant.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2018 posts
805 upvotes
Scarborough
renegadeavenger wrote: I'm still using my roborock 1st gen vacuum... I haven't seen the need to even upgrade yet. I guess if someone were to try to find a gen 1 vacuum, probably rather cheap ($400 aliexpress)

I've been putting braavia jet cleaning solution into my s7+ and seems to work fine so far.
Jul 23, 2020
7 posts
15 upvotes
pewlykertor wrote: Good price & good machine but marketplace seller
While that's true, this particular seller, Amazbuy, is an authorized Roborock dealer in Canada. I believe their BestBuy and HBC postings are currently Roborock's only "official" sales channels in Canada.
They also have their own store on Amazon.ca except you have to pay import fees/duties on it. This isn't listed on their website as a purchase option (hence "unofficial") but I called in and confirmed that it was an authorized posting and I would still be eligible for a 1-year warranty, even though technically, I would not be servicing the warranty from the country of purchase.
Personally, I bought the S4 in their recent spring sale for $450 all-in (I'm ON based) from Amazon because BestBuy & HBC didn't carry the S4 model.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1434 posts
712 upvotes
KANATA
The roborock s7 line is hands down the best robovac available.

Best app, best mapping, best navigation, best mopping, best everything.

Wish the dock was cheaper.

Roborock are nearly impossible to get in Canada.
derpin
Jun 12, 2020
221 posts
115 upvotes
Woorii wrote: While that's true, this particular seller, Amazbuy, is an authorized Roborock dealer in Canada. I believe their BestBuy and HBC postings are currently Roborock's only "official" sales channels in Canada.
They also have their own store on Amazon.ca except you have to pay import fees/duties on it. This isn't listed on their website as a purchase option (hence "unofficial") but I called in and confirmed that it was an authorized posting and I would still be eligible for a 1-year warranty, even though technically, I would not be servicing the warranty from the country of purchase.
Personally, I bought the S4 in their recent spring sale for $450 all-in (I'm ON based) from Amazon because BestBuy & HBC didn't carry the S4 model.
Thanks for the info.
After checking the official roborock website I can confirm that the 'purchase' icon does redirect to this seller @ Amazon/the bay/bestbuy.

If I have issue with the product do I have to mail it to the US for servicing? And which of the 2 websites thebay/bestbuy has the best 3rd party warranty policy? I'm seriously thinking to give it a try at this price.
Sep 26, 2019
172 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal,QC
Nice deal and wonderful robot!
Our S4 works flawless!
[OP]
Dec 8, 2013
22 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone able to contact Amazbuy to lower the S7+ price a bit so that we can get the auto empty dock?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3068 posts
1105 upvotes
Lévis
How do you contact Amazbuy? Cannot find them on amazon.ca
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1434 posts
712 upvotes
KANATA
The shame in it is no matter how you cut it, Getting a S7 with a dock makes it the more expensive than nearly anything else. Yah, its the best machine hands down...but it needs to be in the $1000 range. Doing the aliexpress method puts it around $1100 plus change.
derpin
Jul 23, 2020
7 posts
15 upvotes
pewlykertor wrote: Thanks for the info.
After checking the official roborock website I can confirm that the 'purchase' icon does redirect to this seller @ Amazon/the bay/bestbuy.

If I have issue with the product do I have to mail it to the US for servicing? And which of the 2 websites thebay/bestbuy has the best 3rd party warranty policy? I'm seriously thinking to give it a try at this price.
I'm not actually sure about that, I've only had my S4 for a bit more than a month and haven't had any issues with it... knock on wood.
I would try calling in their customer service, I remember them being pretty quick to answer when I asked my question about warranty coverage in Canada.
Feb 18, 2021
22 posts
17 upvotes
I have Roborock S5, the issue I have was I can't find the genuine accessories replacement.
I ordered from Amazon or Aliexpress, I can see it's different with the original.
Can we get the S7 genuine accessories now in Canada?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)