• Apr 24th, 2020 12:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4036 posts
7025 upvotes
Ottawa

[Best Buy] Samsung 30" 5.8 Cu. Ft. Slide-In Induction Range, $1100 [OOS]

Just saw this price drop on stocktrack, which looks like a price error, regular sale price is $2500, MSRP $3300
I would say if you're in the market then buy now think later, probably won't last long, 49 (48 already while writing this post) left. (edit: 32 now after 1.5 hours)
Some people hate Samsung, but I have a dual fuel range (not induction though) and it's been working perfectly for me for 4 years (also fridge). My parents have Samsung induction range and I never heard any complaints.
As noted by @SuperPaulette there seems to be a power limit when using both left or both right burners, see attached manual page, so buy with this in mind.
@katwittfan reported that was able to PM HomeDepot + 10% off and waive delivery fee, $989 + tax. I suggest placing order with BB, then contacting HD and asking for PM. Can always cancel BB order if you get it through.

For reference, Costco sell for $2500
HD and Rona for $2695 (PM?)
CAS for $2390
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Last edited by seafish on Apr 7th, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
72 replies
Dec 10, 2009
887 posts
2941 upvotes
Van Isle
Thats a hot deal OP... nice work and upvoted
inappropriate signature
Apr 14, 2017
364 posts
519 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
I bought this. Had it for two years and it's junk.

You can't use the two left or two right burners at the same time. It alternates power and makes for slow cooking. See page 29 of the manual.

Should be avoided even at this price.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2008
1437 posts
1304 upvotes
Ontario
SuperPaulette wrote: I bought this. Had it for two years and it's junk.

You can't use the two left or two right burners at the same time. It alternates power and makes for slow cooking. See page 29 of the manual.

This right here is excellent information, changed my mind from buying to passing. Thank you kindly
Nov 18, 2006
724 posts
101 upvotes
Montreal
Seems like an awesome deal and I do need a new range. Too bad BB wont will only do doorstep delivery and wont pick up my old unit.
Nov 12, 2019
51 posts
117 upvotes
Showing 2500-3400 at other retailers, great find OP!
Apr 14, 2017
364 posts
519 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
dtych wrote: This right here is excellent information, changed my mind from buying to passing. Thank you kindly
Glad I could help. I even called them after 4 months of ownership thinking it was a defect. They sent technicians twice and then they finally realized it was "normal" and wouldn't do anything about it.

They say I should have read the manual before purchasing.

I've decided that was my last samsung purchase ever.
Dec 10, 2009
887 posts
2941 upvotes
Van Isle
HD will price beat and waive shipping charge. Buying any Samsung appliance especially a fridge is a big gamble for sure but this range at $989 +tax delivered I feel is worth it. I chickened out last minute as our current electric range is working perfectly but this deal has me shaking!
Last edited by katwittfan on Apr 7th, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
inappropriate signature
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4036 posts
7025 upvotes
Ottawa
SuperPaulette wrote: I bought this. Had it for two years and it's junk.

Attached manual page for reference.
Is it when you dial Power Boost on either of them? Or just both on high?
I wonder, how often do you need a maximum power on more than 2 at the same time? But yeah, can be a deal-breaker for some.
My parents actually have Samsung induction range for over 2 years (not sure if the same model or not) and I never heard any complains (other then they had to buy a new set of pots and pans because their old would not work)
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Nov 24, 2019
41 posts
76 upvotes
I know everyone has their cautionary tales about a brand, I use a Samsung phone, I have a Samsung TV...I really like those, but I will never buy another Samsung appliance as long as I live. My fridge died after about 14 months, it was a brand new french door style; the convection feature of my oven crapped out shortly after. I am so disappointed with Samsung appliances. Please do yourself a favor and buy extended warranty if you go this route.
Apr 14, 2017
364 posts
519 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
seafish wrote: Attached manual page for reference.
Is it when you dial Power Boost on either of them? Or just both on high?
I wonder, how often do you need a maximum power on more than 2 at the same time? But yeah, can be a deal-breaker for some.
My parents actually have Samsung induction range for over 2 years (not sure if the same model or not) and I never heard any complains (other then they had to buy a new set of pots and pans because their old would not work)
Even both at medium causes issues.

It's not that it doesn't work, it's just not consistently delivering heat. I would explain it as an on and off. You can actually see and hear it when that happens.

If I would have known in advance, I wouldn't have purchased this.

It may be okay for some, as long as its clear (which is not in their ads)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2540 posts
1962 upvotes
Clarington
SuperPaulette wrote: Even both at medium causes issues.

It's not that it doesn't work, it's just not consistently delivering heat. I would explain it as an on and off. You can actually see and hear it when that happens.

If I would have known in advance, I wouldn't have purchased this.

It may be okay for some, as long as its clear (which is not in their ads)
Wow that is pretty terrible if true.

I've had a Frigidaire induction stove for ~5 years now and can use power boost on all 4 of my burners at the same time.
Apr 14, 2017
364 posts
519 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
Bawler wrote: Wow that is pretty terrible if true.

I've had a Frigidaire induction stove for ~5 years now and can use power boost on all 4 of my burners at the same time.
I almost can't wait for mine to die so I can get a new one. Just can't stomach the cost versus what I would get selling it used.

Also, to get back to facts, it's when I boil water at power boost and then lower to medium that I have issues.

Anyways, I'm not a professional cook but like to cook and I noticed it without having read the manual, guilty as charged. People can make their own decisions after.
Apr 6, 2020
18 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I consider to upgrade the range and refrigerator this summer. Shall I buy separately or bundle it to negotiate for a better price?
Aug 28, 2015
16 posts
1 upvote
NCR
What about purchasing it with a 4yr service contract. If it craps the bed or doesn't work right then it would be replaced?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)