• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 9:38 am
[OP]
Aug 17, 2014
86 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Best Buy] Samsung 65" 4K UHD HDR QLED(QN65Q7DRAFXZC) -Demo Model- $1079

I have been shopping for TVs and best buy seems to have this TV for a good price. From my research this is basically the Q70R model except this is best buy exclusive. Apparently it has better speakers than the Q70R

It is demo model however, and I have personally never bought a demo model from bestbuy before and therefore cannot comment on quality. Perhaps if anyone has experience with buying best buys demo model can share their experience.

I am personally debating between this vs Sony XBR X900F

PS - My first post so please let be gentle in case I have missed any details.
Last edited by justGZ on Jul 12th, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
May 23, 2009
819 posts
377 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote:
The 2019 QLEDs are viewed favorably through the sands of time. I also look for expert input here.
I would say for all of the Q7/70 series of samsung's QLED, the 2018 Q7FN was the best one, It wasn't full array but it was still brighter and had a higher colour gamut (by a slight margin) and had the one connect box than the 2019 Q70.

If these ones are indeed the demo models, these demos are running minimum 11 hours a day for a full year, and that puts a lot of usage on a TV. Over time the LEDs aren't going to be as bright with more use, though samsung claims that their QLEDs don't lose brightness throughout use (but I do find that very hard to believe since the QLED's are just conventional LEDs with multiple layers and filters). Your chances with open box TVs by best buy are probably better than the demo unit if you're worried about the longevity of the TV.

I'd probably opt for the sony X900f from costco unless you feeling like a risk taker.
Sep 14, 2012
632 posts
670 upvotes
Toronto
I would not buy a Demo Tv from Best Buy (or anywhere for that matter). You have no idea how many hours that thing has been on, all of which diminish the future "up and working" time for your TV. Buy new is the only way to go.
Jul 21, 2006
355 posts
44 upvotes
ProtossCraft wrote: I would say for all of the Q7/70 series of samsung's QLED, the 2018 Q7FN was the best one, It wasn't full array but it was still brighter and had a higher colour gamut (by a slight margin) and had the one connect box than the 2019 Q70.

If these ones are indeed the demo models, these demos are running minimum 11 hours a day for a full year, and that puts a lot of usage on a TV. Over time the LEDs aren't going to be as bright with more use, though samsung claims that their QLEDs don't lose brightness throughout use (but I do find that very hard to believe since the QLED's are just conventional LEDs with multiple layers and filters). Your chances with open box TVs by best buy are probably better than the demo unit if you're worried about the longevity of the TV.
Heh, I don't post much any more, but one lucky person might score with this deal...

Canada Computers in Oshawa has a Q7FN on clearance, most likely a demo:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=121366

I bought the last one in Quebec. They told me it was on display for about a month before the COVID shut down. Whether that's true or not, couldn't be happier with it. I have 15 days to return for a credit but doesn't look like that'll be necessary.

YMMV. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1538 posts
2235 upvotes
ProtossCraft wrote: I'd probably opt for the sony X900f from costco unless you feeling like a risk taker.
3 Sony's here and all are solid and performing well including the 2007 40" Bravia which vie been praying for its demise since 2015 Face Screaming In Fear
Bough it went it went on sale for 2199$ and couldnt say no to that price.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1065 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto, ON
experiment437 wrote: Heh, I don't post much any more, but one lucky person might score with this deal...

Canada Computers in Oshawa has a Q7FN on clearance, most likely a demo:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=121366

I bought the last one in Quebec. They told me it was on display for about a month before the COVID shut down. Whether that's true or not, couldn't be happier with it. I have 15 days to return for a credit but doesn't look like that'll be necessary.

YMMV. Good luck!
You can check the run time of Samsung TVs through the service menu but need one of their old school low end remotes to access the menu. I picked one up on kijiji for $20 (guy even delivered it!), well worth knowing.
Jul 21, 2006
355 posts
44 upvotes
georgep wrote: You can check the run time of Samsung TVs through the service menu but need one of their old school low end remotes to access the menu. I picked one up on kijiji for $20 (guy even delivered it!), well worth knowing.
Thank you, I'll google that! The TV was already boxed up and ready to go, but it'll still be interesting to check after the fact.
On a funny note: An employee was stalking it waiting to see if someone would actually show up by the pick up deadline. I was wondering why a guy in plain clothes (not a uniform like the rest) was helping to load this into my car. I think he was lowkey hoping it wouldn't fit. LOL
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5059 posts
3826 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
ichibansan wrote: I would not buy a Demo Tv from Best Buy (or anywhere for that matter). You have no idea how many hours that thing has been on, all of which diminish the future "up and working" time for your TV. Buy new is the only way to go.
I bought a 55" 7000 series Samsung 3D display model from futureshop around 10 years ago. I paid $2299 for it then and it has been on pretty much non stop since I bought it. It still has a beautiful picture. It has been retired to the kid's game room and it's still getting a ton of use every day.