Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SATA III 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $80 + Free Shipping

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3686 posts
4793 upvotes
Montreal

[Best Buy] Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SATA III 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $80 + Free Shipping

"Cannot ship to Quebec" so Newegg for $80 plus $6 shipping.

Now that the Staples deal (with the coupons) is over, this is the lowest price available currently for this great SSD with a 5-year warranty.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1663 posts
1029 upvotes
Why are these on sale all the time? Is there going to be a new model soon?

I have bought 3 though at earlier lower prices, I’ve used 2 of the 3 so far.
Feb 14, 2006
289 posts
218 upvotes
shayne85 wrote: Why are these on sale all the time? Is there going to be a new model soon?

I have bought 3 though at earlier lower prices, I’ve used 2 of the 3 so far.
SATA interface is dead IMO, NMVe far superior. They need to move while they are still relevant. Assume like most the warranty is a 5 year limited lifetime warranty so if they are not in production anymore in 2024 you are SOL on a replacement.
Apr 1, 2013
569 posts
575 upvotes
Fredericton
Please avoid Samsung if you want warranty service in Canada.

Plenty of Reddit threads about this. Do not buy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3686 posts
4793 upvotes
Montreal
life359 wrote: Please avoid Samsung if you want warranty service in Canada.

Plenty of Reddit threads about this. Do not buy.
That's a myth that has been debunked many times.
You just have to know where to call.
There are threads about this on Red Flag Deals.
But further more, with Samsung, odds are you won't need to use the 5-year warranty.
Apr 1, 2013
569 posts
575 upvotes
Fredericton
Temporel wrote: That's a myth that has been debunked many times.
You just have to know where to call.
There are threads about this on Red Flag Deals.
But further more, with Samsung, odds are you won't need to use the 5-year warranty.
You just have to know who to call?

What a great warranty system. Secret contact info and tricks just to get your f***ing warranty coverage.

Sounds excellent.

I know first hand how difficult it is. I'm going through it now. Samsung tries desperately to bounce you back to the retailer. Then they try to say your 10 year warranty is expired or that your product doesn't have a 10 year warranty.

Worst RMA experience I've ever had. Wasted an hour on the phone in total. I should have just bought a new crucial drive.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3686 posts
4793 upvotes
Montreal
life359 wrote: You just have to know who to call?

What a great warranty system. Secret contact info and tricks just to get your f***ing warranty coverage.

Sounds excellent.

I know first hand how difficult it is. I'm going through it now. Samsung tries desperately to bounce you back to the retailer. Then they try to say your 10 year warranty is expired or that your product doesn't have a 10 year warranty.

Worst RMA experience I've ever had. Wasted an hour on the phone in total. I should have just bought a new crucial drive.
OK, I sympathize. You made me search. :)

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-c ... #p29492677