Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Samsung 8K 65" for $2999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2020 8:41 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3536 upvotes
2003fxdl wrote: They got you with the 8k marketing eh. LED definitely isn't the latest.

Anyway, I'm waiting for 32k
Some people like to say they have an 8K TV. As for content, maybe there's 8K videos on youtube to loop.

Remember 3D TVs? That was a disaster. Worst tech ever.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5203 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
bhrm wrote: Also, a lot of shows/movies already started filming in 8K anyways. It's just a matter of time but the tech infrastructure needs to handle it for streaming services etc. Essentially doubling the demand.
Going from 4k to 8k is actually 4x the resource requirements. I'd be happy even if a quarter of the sports are broadcasted in 4k.
signature closed for renovation
Apr 19, 2020
760 posts
1217 upvotes
langley
Most people don't even watch real 4k stuff they watch 4k bad streams seems like a waste for 99.9 percent of people
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2962 posts
2338 upvotes
Calgary
There is another post with the 65” Sony A8H OLED for $2499 I think. I am pretty sure you will end up far happier with that and save a few bucks too.
Jun 10, 2003
898 posts
856 upvotes
190mph wrote: Looks like a great deal on the 8K 65" Samung QLED TV! Model # QN65Q800TAFXZC

I just bought the 65" Q90T for $2,399 (normally $2,999) a little over a week ago there and I think I would maybe spend the extra $600 + tax for this if I seen this sale then. But this must of popped up and it ends today.

My TV just got delivered today.
Not to question your logic, but why not a 65" CX OLED for $2499? That is the price I am getting at most retailers and even Costco is $2589. I know burn concerns are always the answer, but I have two 65" OLEDs and never had issues with burn in. I have kids playing Switch and Xbox on them all the time. Just don't watch fixed banner news channels, and my 3 year old B7 is still amazing.
Mar 8, 2014
102 posts
45 upvotes
Niagara Falls
danomed wrote: Not to question your logic, but why not a 65" CX OLED for $2499? That is the price I am getting at most retailers and even Costco is $2589. I know burn concerns are always the answer, but I have two 65" OLEDs and never had issues with burn in. I have kids playing Switch and Xbox on them all the time. Just don't watch fixed banner news channels, and my 3 year old B7 is still amazing.
I was wondering about possible burn in and the TV is in the main level sometimes more lighted room, so with talking to others just did not know the TV would be best served where it is going with an OLED vs in the basement rec room type installation.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Everything from the B7 to the CX ... GX, all brilliant panels.

LG has done terrifically on their OLED series.

The C8 I'm replying to you folks on is just sex.

My next panel might be the C11 or C12, time will tell.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
May 23, 2009
897 posts
605 upvotes
Vancouver
As someone that works in the TV industry, 8K tvs are one of the biggest money grabs in the market next to QLED marketing. That's not to say they offer absolutely zero benefit considering the lack of 8K content. 8K at <=65" is pretty useless. Your eyes are not going to see the additional PPI difference at 65". 75" and above however could prove to be a different experience. The AI upscaling on the internal processors are pretty good to be honest. I was viewing a 720p video on a 85" 8K TV and let me tell you, the upscaling was top notch and replicated a video quality on a 85" that could of fooled me if you told me the original source was 1080p+. But to most people the difference would be negligible or hardly noticeable. But I would definitely recommend a 65" OLED TV instead IF your lighting environment suits the TV.

So which kind of people buy large 8K TVs? In my experience, they have been either early adopters/innovators that want the newest stuff first, especially for bragging rights. Or they have been chinese consumers that don't watch any of the english streaming services but watch their own language streaming services. There are many chinese streaming platforms that only stream in 720p/1080p or some fake badly compressed 4k videos (even their 1080p videos are poor quality). The AI 8k upscaling on the processors help with this issue (to a degree) especially when they are blowing up their low quality 720/1080p videos on 75/85". You guys ever steamed 720p on 85" before? Looks like garbage, but this way it looks a little less trashy.

Now you guys are probably wondering, "why are people buying $4000+ smart TVs to watch 720p quality videos?" I have no idea, certain consumers especially the older crowd, thinks buying expensive TVs will drastically improve their image quality after going from a 40" to an 85", blowing up and expanding the picture. I've seen it all, people buying 8K TVs and asking why there aren't RCA connections to plug in their VCRs.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1181 posts
1848 upvotes
There's barley any 4K content let alone 8K.
Jul 11, 2007
55 posts
172 upvotes
I was so excited when I saw the price on the 75” q90...then realized the price you have compared to bestbuy was off by 1k. Now I am sad.