Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Samsung The Frame 65” 4K TV (QN65LS03TAFXZC) $1899

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 7:21 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2010
808 posts
263 upvotes

[Best Buy] Samsung The Frame 65” 4K TV (QN65LS03TAFXZC) $1899

Black Friday sale for the 65” Samsung The Frame 4K TV. At various retailers including Amazon, Visions. Not the best picture quality for value/money (similar to Q70 PQ for $500 more) but this is more a “conversation” piece TV, not for videophiles.

Some negotiation and my local Visions was able to sell for $1750

Edit: Adding Rtngs comparison of the 2020 Samsung The Frame TV with the Samsung Q70T - https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... /1818/8982
Last edited by callmebob on Nov 21st, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
40 replies
Member
Dec 9, 2016
287 posts
167 upvotes
lets me be like some Rfdrs Im waiting for black friday
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2010
808 posts
263 upvotes
It says Black Friday pricing at Best Buy and the $1899 is valid until Dec 3. I don’t see the 65” going lower unless you meant Boxing Day?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3343 posts
1362 upvotes
Ottawa
callmebob wrote: Some negotiation and my local Visions was able to sell for $1750
Awesome price I paid 2k last year but w black frame trim.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3343 posts
1362 upvotes
Ottawa
t3dd1e wrote: Is this worth it?
Yea. It could have a better interface, but it's definitely worth it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2010
4915 posts
3899 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone remember how much 65" was when they were giving a free 32" with it?
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2010
808 posts
263 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Anyone remember how much 65" was when they were giving a free 32" with it?
Quite certain it was $2400 for the 65” with a 32” Frame for free. I considered it back then but had no use for a 32” (which is 1080P by the way not 4K). At $800 MSRP for the 32”, the 65” would effectively work out to $1600; great buy IF you wanted the 32” as well.
Member
Aug 28, 2014
403 posts
522 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
t3dd1e wrote: Is this worth it?
The premise of The Frame TV's are that they are designed to look like art pieces on the wall and can realistically simulate canvas/paper art.

In order to make these TV's thin and flat, the actual processing, I/O, power and other units cannot be fitted into the TV itself and thus there is a separate box.

This is the kind of product you get if you have an "exquisite" taste and like to impress your friends and family when your panting turns into a TV.

However, if you intend on putting this on any sort of table, then this TV is not for you.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2010
808 posts
263 upvotes
shylok wrote: Awesome price I paid 2k last year but w black frame trim.
Still an awesome piece. When you tack on a discounted bezel for $200, the bundle price is essentially $1950 for the 65” Frame and bezel (if you go with the visions negotiation route) or $2100 with Best Buy pricing which means your $2k a year back is really good.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2019
80 posts
81 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: The premise of The Frame TV's are that they are designed to look like art pieces on the wall and can realistically simulate canvas/paper art.

In order to make these TV's thin and flat, the actual processing, I/O, power and other units cannot be fitted into the TV itself and thus there is a separate box.

This is the kind of product you get if you have an "exquisite" taste and like to impress your friends and family when your panting turns into a TV.

However, if you intend on putting this on any sort of table, then this TV is not for you.
It’s also worth mentioning that it’s a meh tv. You’re paying a significant premium for the excellent design.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2010
808 posts
263 upvotes
Lebon1 wrote: It’s also worth mentioning that it’s a meh tv. You’re paying a significant premium for the excellent design.
As noted, this is for those that want an aesthetically pleasing television vs a big black screen and don’t mind compromising a bit on picture quality. With that said, it’s slightly better than a Q70T (at $500 more for the design).

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... /1818/8982
Last edited by callmebob on Nov 21st, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
Feb 10, 2009
57 posts
29 upvotes
Lebon1 wrote: It’s a not very bright, edge lit LED. It’s not as good as a two year old TCL 6 series that costs less than half the price.
The Frame TV convinced my wife to put a TV where she wanted to put art. Definitely wouldn't have convinced her with a normal TV.

So yes, this isn't the best performing TV, but what you give up in performance, you get in wife acceptance factor. Haha...I rather have a decent TV in the spot than art (since I'm not a aficionado). She gets her multiple art options when it's off and we get a spare TV to watch things that I don't care about picture quality as much.
Newbie
Sep 11, 2020
3 posts
$1750 seems to be a good deal to me.

I'm looking forward to buy this tv from Vision. Would you provide me some help in terms of negotiation? Like how did you negotiate? How much you did ask for originally? Thank you.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4782 posts
1980 upvotes
Ancaster
Lebon1 wrote: It’s a not very bright, edge lit LED. It’s not as good as a two year old TCL 6 series that costs less than half the price.
It’s not very bright, but it has excellent contrast, even without local dimming.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2010
808 posts
263 upvotes
TSPS01 wrote: $1750 seems to be a good deal to me.

I'm looking forward to buy this tv from Vision. Would you provide me some help in terms of negotiation? Like how did you negotiate? How much you did ask for originally? Thank you.
Just replied to your PM but sharing here for everyone’s benefit.

I was with a friend when he bought another tv from Visions a few weeks back so I knew the sales rep. I just called him and said I would drive over in 30 min if he would bring the price down to $1700-1750. He agreed to do $1780 then revised down to $1750 and I went over to the store immediately.

The trick is you have to be ready to pull the trigger, no one wants their time wasted. So if you’re ready to buy at $1750 call and tell them as much. Feel free to say your friend bought from the Burlington, ON store for this amount. (I dealt with Lucas, you can tell him you were referred by Zee for the 65” frame TV)

By the way, they didn’t have immediate stock but expected to get more units in a week. Good luck!
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2005
820 posts
135 upvotes
callmebob wrote: Just replied to your PM but sharing here for everyone’s benefit.

I was with a friend when he bought another tv from Visions a few weeks back so I knew the sales rep. I just called him and said I would drive over in 30 min if he would bring the price down to $1700-1750. He agreed to do $1780 then revised down to $1750 and I went over to the store immediately.

The trick is you have to be ready to pull the trigger, no one wants their time wasted. So if you’re ready to buy at $1750 call and tell them as much. Feel free to say your friend bought from the Burlington, ON store for this amount. (I dealt with Lucas, you can tell him you were referred by Zee for the 65” frame TV)

By the way, they didn’t have immediate stock but expected to get more units in a week. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. Any advice for the 75"? Do you know what they can bring the current $2800 price down to? And... Will they honor it at a different store? For example Scarborough? Or even better... Will they ship it?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5351 posts
2140 upvotes
Toronto
The add-on bezels you can buy in different colours don't come with matching "feet", do they?

Top