Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" 32GB or 64GB / 3 GB mem /Android 10.0 $229.99 or $279.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2021 1:33 pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 23, 2003
16789 posts
5377 upvotes
Toronto
benjicash wrote: Bought today solely to screen mirror to the family hub fridge. Worked until I wanted to mirror Rogers ignite tv. Then got a no can do. Returning it tomorrow.
https://ignitetv.rogers.com should work
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2310 posts
849 upvotes
Nope. Got the this content is a no can do. It’ll work if I use apps like cbc tsn or Sportsnet. But not Rogers. Was gonna get the tv that’s compatible with the fridge but assume Rogers will block that too.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2002 posts
2891 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Too bad the Onn Tablet Pro is sold out and the Fire HD 10 is still at $200.
Why? The Onn is trash and hacked and for only $30 more, the Samsung is a much better tablet than the Fire
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2003
1298 posts
528 upvotes
Hamilton
heywhatsmyname wrote: Tempted. The only thing holding me back is 3 GB of Ram on an Android device in 2021.
This is exactly why its being blown out for another $100 you can get the S6 Lite with 4gb ram and the same performance.

The S6 lite has a brighter screen at 423 nits vs 329 nits.

Good review of the two https://www.laptopmag.com/news/samsung- ... ge-tablets

S6 Lite https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... y/14584045
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4349 posts
10230 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
just got this email from shopper more points
Images
  • pc points.jpg
58
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2003
1298 posts
528 upvotes
Hamilton
2Riskit wrote: just got this email from shopper more points
Its a public event for everyone on their main page, I just wish I had 200k in points to redeem for $100 off otherwise the $40 off 100k points redemption puts it above best buy prices.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7831 posts
8526 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought the Galaxy Tab A7 32 GB from Costco.

The included 64 GB microSD card is a basic slow Lexar card, but since it can't be used for app storage it doesn't make much difference.

No USB-C headphone adapter is included, but correction: it does have a 3.5 mm headphone jack.

The screen isn't very bright and the acceptable viewing angle is narrow. The auto screen dimming is overly aggressive, making the screen too dim in most lighting conditions.

The charging cable is short and the 7040mah battery isn't going to charge very fast with the included 1.55 amp charger.

It's on Android 10, but will update to Android 11.

13 GB of storage are occupied by the default Android, Google, and Samsung load.
Last edited by Scote64 on Aug 13th, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24794 posts
32530 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: I bought the Galaxy Tab A7 32 GB from Costco.

The included 64 GB microSD card is a basic slow Lexar card, but since it can't be used for app storage it doesn't make much difference.

Important note: this tablet has no 3.5mm headphone jack, and no USB-C headphone adapter is included, so it's missing a basic capability which will cost you extra money to rectify.
The Amazon Fire HD 10 has a headphone jack.
The screen isn't very bright and the acceptable viewing angle is narrow. The auto screen dimming is overly aggressive, making the screen too dim in most lighting conditions.
The Amazon Fire HD 10 is 10% brighter than it's predecessor, not huge, but progress. I consider it comfortably bright for indoor use.
The charging cable is short and the 7040mah battery isn't going to charge very fast with the included 1.55 amp charger.

It's on Android 10, but will update to Android 11.

13 GB of storage are occupied by the default Android, Google, and Samsung load.
I'm guessing it's similar on the A7, but the Fire HD 10 lasts all day on office productivity tasks.

Adding the quality bluetooth keyboard and decent bluetooth mouse makes this a killer productivity combo, almost qualifying as a laptop replacement with amazing battery life. And yes, 3GB RAM is fine because of Android's smart handling of app save states.

Bluetooth keyboard:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08SB72Q8F/

Bluetooth Mice:
Best Portable
https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Portable ... 084SX7HKB/

Cheap Alternative
https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Recharge ... 08SMQB6TF/
.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2003
1298 posts
528 upvotes
Hamilton
S6 Lite going on sale tomorrow $379, redeem 200k points for $300 off, scores.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10749 posts
4007 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: I bought the Galaxy Tab A7 32 GB from Costco.

The included 64 GB microSD card is a basic slow Lexar card, but since it can't be used for app storage it doesn't make much difference.

Important note: this tablet has no 3.5mm headphone jack, and no USB-C headphone adapter is included, so it's missing a basic capability which will cost you extra money to rectify.

The screen isn't very bright and the acceptable viewing angle is narrow. The auto screen dimming is overly aggressive, making the screen too dim in most lighting conditions.

The charging cable is short and the 7040mah battery isn't going to charge very fast with the included 1.55 amp charger.

It's on Android 10, but will update to Android 11.

13 GB of storage are occupied by the default Android, Google, and Samsung load.
It has a headphone jack though...?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7831 posts
8526 upvotes
Vancouver
clseea wrote: It has a headphone jack though...?
You're right, it does! It's kind of hidden on one corner, and it's not shown on the "Device Layout" diagram, but it's there.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10749 posts
4007 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: You're right, it does! It's kind of hidden on one corner, and it's not shown on the "Device Layout" diagram, but it's there.
lol... I was very very confused for a second
Member
User avatar
Nov 26, 2003
464 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
I'm currently looking to replace mi Mi Pad 4 (which is having a few issues with the screen not displaying properly and slow wifi). Been waffling between the A7 lite and the Fire HD ( which I would "fix" with the Fire Toolkit). Any thoughts on which is better. Looking to keep it cheap, and use tablet mostly for browsing, RFDing, and email. Or maybe I should try installing a custom ROM (Pixel Experience?) on my mi pad to see if that will fix issues, since specs on my Mi Pad are better than both these newer tablets?? Thoughts??
No more lodgers - more trouble than they're worth!
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24794 posts
32530 upvotes
yds wrote: I'm currently looking to replace mi Mi Pad 4 (which is having a few issues with the screen not displaying properly and slow wifi). Been waffling between the A7 lite and the Fire HD ( which I would "fix" with the Fire Toolkit). Any thoughts on which is better. Looking to keep it cheap, and use tablet mostly for browsing, RFDing, and email. Or maybe I should try installing a custom ROM (Pixel Experience?) on my mi pad to see if that will fix issues, since specs on my Mi Pad are better than both these newer tablets?? Thoughts??
I'm okay with the A7 theoretically, and it punches at the same level as the Fire HD 10.

I am not okay with the A7 Lite, apparently it's gimped. The screen is not FHD, it's down to 9", and it suffers a weaker CPU / GPU. It also has a worse front facing camera.

It's between the A7 and HD 10, and the latter has better manufacturer and community support, and a built-in subsidy from Amazon making it cheaper than it should be.

After 24 months, Samsung ebbs in the ether, denying your existence on planet Earth. Even after Amazon support expires, you'll have community support for this tablet for years through the Fire Toolkit.
.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7831 posts
8526 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'm okay with the A7 theoretically, and it punches at the same level as the Fire HD 10.

I am not okay with the A7 Lite, apparently it's gimped. The screen is not FHD, it's down to 9", and it suffers a weaker CPU / GPU. It also has a worse front facing camera.

It's between the A7 and HD 10, and the latter has better manufacturer and community support, and a built-in subsidy from Amazon making it cheaper than it should be.

After 24 months, Samsung ebbs in the ether, denying your existence on planet Earth. Even after Amazon support expires, you'll have community support for this tablet for years through the Fire Toolkit.
I have a Fire HD8, and it's a decent tablet that was a bargain for the price. But now that I have a realistic idea of what the limitations are with FireOS, I opted for the Galaxy A7 instead of the Fire HD10. I don't need another almost-compatible device that almost does what I bought it for, but not quite.
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24794 posts
32530 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: I have a Fire HD8, and it's a decent tablet that was a bargain for the price. But now that I have a realistic idea of what the limitations are with FireOS, I opted for the Galaxy A7 instead of the Fire HD10. I don't need another almost-compatible device that almost does what I bought it for, but not quite.
I bought the latest available Fire HD 8 for $69.99.

The next cheapest 8" tablet was selling for 50% to 100% more.

I'll take almost perfect 8 days out of 7.

I don't compromise on my phone purchases, so I can afford to compromise and save money on my tablets.
.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4560 posts
1120 upvotes
Toronto
Scote64 wrote: I have a Fire HD8, and it's a decent tablet that was a bargain for the price. But now that I have a realistic idea of what the limitations are with FireOS, I opted for the Galaxy A7 instead of the Fire HD10. I don't need another almost-compatible device that almost does what I bought it for, but not quite.
My experience was similar -- I have the 2017 Fire HD10, and found FireOS to be borderline unusable, even with the "toolkit" that removes a lot of the Amazon bloat. I ended up rooting it and installing a custom ROM, which improved everything about the tablet (responsiveness, battery life, etc.)

I have no doubt the newer Fire tablets are much better in the hardware department, but am still willing to pay more to avoid FireOS.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1880 posts
596 upvotes
Ottawa
Is it true BestBuy now require stocking fee if return a product?
Member
Jun 12, 2012
247 posts
86 upvotes
Ottawa
32GB is now 200$ on Amazon, was debating if i really needed one but this might push it through.

Top