• Dec 3rd, 2020 8:40 am
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
193 posts
193 upvotes
LONDON, ON

[Best Buy] Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G - $1399.95

Good morning folks,

Was browsing Best Buy in the early morning and came across what looks like a price drop / unannounced sale.

Regardless of what you think of the Flip (whether it's a gimmick or not), still a decent price for a new form factor and 5G.

I also think it happens to be an all-time low price for the Z Flip.

Also available in grey: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... d/14823531
OINK OINK
8 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10628 posts
4994 upvotes
I tested this phone and i was more excited before i got it then after i had it.
Its a interesting phone and has pros and cons but i guess like everything else you win some and lose some.

If your someone who wants the new tech to stand out then this price is actually pretty good.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Feb 22, 2016
143 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
lol 1500$ for a prototype. They are already developing fully mechanized roll-able screens in japan and China. This folding tech is just the ugliest.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3382 posts
2026 upvotes
Kitchener
As I had mentioned in another thread, people should be aware that the screen on this device is not ‘glass’ despite what Samsung claims, and scratches at a level 1 on the mohs hardness scale. Your fingernails are a level 2.5, so your fingernails are more scratch resistant then this screen, and your fingernails will easily scratch this screen. I say this so people don’t fork over over $1G thinking it has a durable screen.
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2598 posts
5105 upvotes
For those actually purchasing, don't forget to check your credit card for free mobile device insurance. I purchased mine with my Tangerine world MC. $100 deductible, 2% depreciation per month and $1000 maximum coverage.
Aug 7, 2019
895 posts
297 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: For those actually purchasing, don't forget to check your credit card for free mobile device insurance. I purchased mine with my Tangerine world MC. $100 deductible, 2% depreciation per month and $1000 maximum coverage.
If you have a card with the typical warranty extension by one year, wouldn't that cover phones as well (since they are electronics)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2598 posts
5105 upvotes
DrDoomsday wrote: If you have a card with the typical warranty extension by one year, wouldn't that cover phones as well (since they are electronics)
These mobile device warranties cover lost/stolen phones as well as phones damaged by drops and stuff like that. Its like Apple Care, but free.

Cards that extend warranty usually have stipulations that they must fail from normal use/ with no physical damage, etc.
Jan 31, 2016
216 posts
66 upvotes
Arva, ON
Cadley wrote: lol 1500$ for a prototype. They are already developing fully mechanized roll-able screens in japan and China. This folding tech is just the ugliest.
Not a big fan of Samsung, but Samsung does make phone strong and durable, so when it comes to folding and rolling or any other gimmicks, I would rather go with Samsung.