Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Samsung S95B 65" QD OLED TV $1999.95

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2023 3:48 pm
41 replies
Jun 15, 2022
302 posts
654 upvotes
Many returns on that model, according to a BB employee due to bent panels

Mar 3, 2014
22 posts
16 upvotes
If you want to step into the world of qdoled, it's a great tv. Just don't connect it to the internet and you're fine (I think default firmware is 1304 or 1310... For the love of god dont update to 14xx)
Dec 28, 2006
810 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal! Only $50 more than what I paid for a Geek squad certified open box in November.

Mine came in great condition with no bends or flaws and I have been very happy with it. Great colours, perfect blacks, perfectly clean screen, amazing viewing angles and 4 HDMI 2.1 ports.

I can't comment on the sound as I use a separate receiver and speakers. It would be nice if it included Dolby Vision, but HDR and HDR10+ look great. I prefer the Android TV operating system on my other TV to Tizen, but the built-in media player works well. No signs of burn in or image retention, but I haven't gamed on it and watch a variety of TV and movies. I do watch some tennis and hockey, but don't watch news channels with tickers like CNN.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase and would recommend the TV to friends and family. When it's time to replace my other TV, it will definitely be with a QD OLED. I might lean toward a Sony due to Google TV (Dolby Vision is a bonus), but it will depend on the prices. When I bought this Samsung, the Sony was thousands more expensive. I might pay a $100 Sony tax, but not thousands more for the same panel.
Last edited by althoma1 on Jun 3rd, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
polymorph wrote: Many returns on that model, according to a BB employee due to bent panels

Even worse tech giants wife ran off with some other guy and divorced him after getting that tv :(

Honestly the bent panels are probably due to users grabbing the panel improperly rather than coming bent from the factory. You do need to be super careful handling it because it is so thin.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
FDSjkl123 wrote: If you want to step into the world of qdoled, it's a great tv. Just don't connect it to the internet and you're fine (I think default firmware is 1304 or 1310... For the love of god dont update to 14xx)
Come on now this is just BS at this point. There have been regressions on some firmwares but people are saying the new 1445 or whatever is fine. 1310 already has the nerfed brightness, but its actually a good thing. It reduces the chances of burn in. Samsung cheated by raising the brightness too high for the reviews. Don't take the initial numbers seriously
Dec 28, 2006
810 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
panckage wrote: Come on now this is just BS at this point. There have been regressions on some firmwares but people are saying the new 1445 or whatever is fine. 1310 already has the nerfed brightness, but its actually a good thing. It reduces the chances of burn in. Samsung cheated by raising the brightness too high for the reviews. Don't take the initial numbers seriously
I have the latest 1448 firmware and the picture still looks great to me and the Tizen OS seems a bit more responsive. Someone on the AVS forum mentioned that the release notes for this firmware mentioned improved burn in protection.
Dec 5, 2006
453 posts
477 upvotes
Vancouver
althoma1 wrote: Great deal! Only $50 more than what I paid for a Geek squad certified open box in November.

Mine came in great condition with no bends or flaws and I have been very happy with it. Great colours, perfect only blacks, perfectly clean screen, amazing viewing angles and 4 HDMI 2 1 ports.

I can't comment on the sound as I use a separate receiver and speakers. It would be nice if it included Dolby Vision, but HDR and HDR10+ look great. I prefer the Android TV operating system on my other TV to Tizen, but the built-in media player works well. No signs of burn in or image retention, but I haven't gamed on it and watch a variety of TV and movies. I do watch some tennis and hockey, but don't watch news channels with tickers like CNN.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase and would recommend the TV to friends and family. When it's time to replace my other TV, it will definitely be with a QD OLED. I might lean toward a Sony due to Google TV (Dolby Vision is a bonus), but it will depend on the prices. When I bought this Samsung, the Sony was thousands more expensive. I might pay a $100 Sony tax, but not thousands more for the same panel.
I also have this TV and am very happy with it. The picture is incredible and the panel isn't bent at all
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8104 upvotes
panckage wrote: Come on now this is just BS at this point. There have been regressions on some firmwares but people are saying the new 1445 or whatever is fine. 1310 already has the nerfed brightness, but its actually a good thing. It reduces the chances of burn in. Samsung cheated by raising the brightness too high for the reviews. Don't take the initial numbers seriously
No. 1310 does not have reduced brightness. The newer firmware does reduce the brightness by quite a bit. I don't recommend updating.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SickBeast wrote: No. 1310 does not have reduced brightness. The newer firmware does reduce the brightness by quite a bit. I don't recommend updating.
Aww yes it does. It's been reduced since 1302 Face With Tears Of Joy
https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/commen ... _disaster/

The owners thread on avsforum.com was literally ONE GUY posting 20 posts a day for 6 months about the TV before finally returning it Face With Tears Of Joy. It sounds like he did make some contributions to the community but the signal to noise level was low. He hasn't had the TV in a long time and is still commenting about it.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8104 upvotes
panckage wrote: Aww yes it does. It's been reduced since 1302 Face With Tears Of Joy
https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/commen ... _disaster/

The owners thread on avsforum.com was literally ONE GUY posting 20 posts a day for 6 months about the TV before finally returning it Face With Tears Of Joy. It sounds like he did make some contributions to the community but the signal to noise level was low. He hasn't had the TV in a long time and is still commenting about it.
Thanks. It appears that you could well be correct about that.

Apparently the dynamic picture preset still has full peak brightness in the newer firmwares. I just tested it and dynamic mode is brighter than standard mode on my s95b with 1310 firmware. The one issue I see with using dynamic mode is that you can only use standard or cool color temperature.

Too bad. I still feel great about this purchase at $2000. I would be more upset if I was an early adopter and paid $4000. In store the s95b looked a lot better than the c2 and I have a feeling that even with the new lower brightness the s95b still has better picture quality with more vibrant colors.

Using dynamic mode in a pinch if it's a super bright day outside isn't so bad IMO. Standard color temperature looks good to me. I prefer warm color temperature for movies but at least you get an option for more brightness on the s95b versus the c2.

What I will say is that the c3 is probably a better TV than this and it will be nice once it drops in price.

At equivalent price I would take the s95b over the c2. But I could see people having preferences either way.
Last edited by SickBeast on Jun 2nd, 2023 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 2, 2022
125 posts
263 upvotes
would this TV suck in a family room with plenty of windows (although no direct sunlight) I am thinking I should just go with the QN90B
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1415 posts
260 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I have had no issues with my set. Upgraded from a C8. Have a C2 as well and prefer the Samsung. Mine came with 1211, but I ultimately updated to 1304 because I use the set 50/50 between movies and gaming. Have kept it offline since. Haven't ventured to avs in quite some time, will have to see if the newest firmware is worth updating too.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8104 upvotes
Mymrmugs wrote: would this TV suck in a family room with plenty of windows (although no direct sunlight) I am thinking I should just go with the QN90B
It's wonderful IMO and actually too bright most of the time. I tend to leave brightness set at 35 most of the time during the day and I set it lower at night (25 or so). The brightness slider goes up to 50.

I just did a bit more testing and I think the 1310 firmware is good. Very little difference between the dynamic and standard picture modes if you set the PQ settings the same for both modes for most content/movies.
Oct 19, 2016
690 posts
352 upvotes
panckage wrote:
Even worse tech giants wife ran off with some other guy and divorced him after getting that tv :(.
Is this actually true? Damn. I semi follow him on YouTube and haven't seen him ask his wife for feedback on TVs lately...
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
No DV would be a deal breaker for me, but its a nice panel.

Lots of returns on the Samsung panel so make sure you keep the box.
Aug 20, 2017
252 posts
304 upvotes
Mymrmugs wrote: would this TV suck in a family room with plenty of windows (although no direct sunlight) I am thinking I should just go with the QN90B
No I have this in a bright living room and the colors and blacks are just as good. Very vivid. I had no bent panels and I got the 55inch brand new for 1500 all in last year during Black Friday.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8104 upvotes
So this deal is now dead at both Best Buy and Amazon, but you can get an open box one sold and shipped by Best Buy for $1840:

Your text to link here...

You could also probably use the Best Buy open box pricing as leverage to negotiate with Visions in terms of buying a brand new one. That's what I did and they sold me the TV for $2060. They might even go a bit lower now, who knows.

Visions gives 60 days price protection and a free 2 year warranty.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)