Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] SanDisk 256GB 100MB/s microSDXC Memory Card Switch Licensed - $54.99 SOLD OUT ONLINE

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 7:03 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2018
148 posts
173 upvotes
Ontario

[Best Buy] SanDisk 256GB 100MB/s microSDXC Memory Card Switch Licensed - $54.99 SOLD OUT ONLINE

I hope I don't get flamed, but SanDisk's Officially Branded Nintendo Switch Card @ $54.99 is a solid price. With so many knock-off and rebranded SD Cards hitting the market, buying a legitimate one from Best Buy doesn't seem like a bad idea. After paying $399 for a Switch (before discounts ;0)), what's $54.99 to reliably increase it's internal 32gb of storage by 800%? I know you can get SD Cards for cheaper, but this one works flawlessly and has the reviews to back it.

*Added* Guys I know you're paying for the branding but let me explain. In 2011 a SanDisk engineer estimated 1/3 of all SanDisk branded memory cards were fake. Because of the high margins, cards above 200gb are faked more often. Tons of people have reported fake SD Cards / or subpar performing ones that have been purchased from Amazon directly. Lexar and SanDisk are the two most common fakes. Some of them are legit but had manufacturing issues with read/write speed. There's tons of news articles about this, and I know Amazon will refund/replace your order if you get one. To me the branded card from Best Buy @ 45% off is a good deal.

*Added 11:30pm 12/26 Sold out online.
Last edited by cjohnnyhere on Dec 26th, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1272 posts
278 upvotes
Any other BD deals on 256G microSD cards? I'm also looking one for the switch but $55 is not a deal. U3 is also unnecessary for the switch.
[OP]
Nov 10, 2018
148 posts
173 upvotes
Ontario
MarcALeB wrote: You can definitely buy that if you really want that little star logo and want to pay the Nintendo markup, but the equivalent is 38,20$ on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Sandisk-SDSQ ... B0758NHWS8
Haha beat you to posting the Amazon link. I just get nervous when I start reading the reviews. Its shipped and sold by Amazon so its probably just someone disgruntled when claiming counterfeit. I just paid the additional $17 at Best Buy for the little star but I know it's legit.
Aug 13, 2019
285 posts
443 upvotes
cjohnnyhere wrote: I hope I don't get flamed, but SanDisk's Officially Branded Nintendo Switch Card @ $54.99 is a solid price. With so many knock-off and rebranded SD Cards hitting the market, buying a legitimate one from Best Buy doesn't seem like a bad idea. After paying $399 for a Switch (before discounts ;0)), what's $54.99 to reliably increase it's internal 32gb of storage by 800%? I know you can get SD Cards for cheaper, but this one works flawlessly and has the reviews to back it.

*Added* Guys I know you're paying for the branding but let me explain. In 2011 a SanDisk engineer estimated 1/3 of all SanDisk branded memory cards were fake. Because of the high margins, cards above 200gb are faked more often. Tons of people have reported fake SD Cards / or subpar performing ones that have been purchased from Amazon directly. Lexar and SanDisk are the two most common fakes. Some of them are legit but had manufacturing issues with read/write speed. There's tons of news articles about this, and I know Amazon will refund/replace your order if you get one. To me the branded card from Best Buy @ 45% off is a good deal.
How long have you worked for bestbuy
[OP]
Nov 10, 2018
148 posts
173 upvotes
Ontario
Ausmack wrote: How long have you worked for bestbuy
Hahaha made me laugh, upvote for you. Fun fact 10 years ago I almost did it for the holiday season so I could pre-snipe inventory and get a employee discount on their sales. Honestly though check something like this out https://photographylife.com/fake-memory-cards
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2005
1006 posts
167 upvotes
Switch cant read anything past 100, so buying better cards is a waste of money if for a switch.

400gb for $63 sounds decent but that 128gb still lower cost per gb
Nov 21, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
I think I will go for the card from Best Buy, rather than the one from Walmart. Performance-wise, it seems better.

Is that mico SD card good for the Switch? Just bought the switch recently and I am not an expert on sd cards.
Nov 21, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
gman1975 wrote: Switch cant read anything past 100, so buying better cards is a waste of money if for a switch.

400gb for $63 sounds decent but that 128gb still lower cost per gb
The Sandisk card from BB has a speed of 130mb/s (the one at $20), do you mean that this card won't work on the Switch??
Last edited by actuville on Dec 26th, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 31, 2011
113 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
I dont know maybe its just my bad luck but last 5 Sandisk cards over 64G have all stopped working within a year.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1596 posts
1919 upvotes
GTA
MarcALeB wrote: You can definitely buy that if you really want that little star logo and want to pay the Nintendo markup, but the equivalent is 38,20$ on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Sandisk-SDSQ ... B0758NHWS8
Thank you for this. I’m going to return the one I previously bought. Can’t believe I got suckered into the Nintendo logo. I usually never fall for this!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)