Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Schwinn IC4 @1199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 8:34 pm
Feb 20, 2006
348 posts
230 upvotes
Olbi wrote: Yes, I considered it (and it looks like a good option), but I ultimately chose the IC4 because of smaller footprint, min and max user sizes, warranty and connectivity, which all are important for my use case.
They are all good and pick one with the feature u want. The key actually is to use it consistently. $400 difference over time is not much money. I have my $400 bike for over 10 years, me and my wife still use it on a regular basis. There are two things i don't like with mine. First is I can't tell the resistance level (i got used to it later, but still not ideal), and 2nd is the handle bar can only adjust up and down, not front and back. I thought about upgrade before the pandemic, but I am too cheap to pay for the life fitness IC6 which has all the bell and whistles i ever need.

You can't go wrong with any of these bikes.
Mar 31, 2004
253 posts
43 upvotes
Milton
Is there a mat that anyone can recommend for this bike? Thanks.
Feb 20, 2006
348 posts
230 upvotes
drumhead wrote: Is there a mat that anyone can recommend for this bike? Thanks.
Costco has one for $29.99 or 39.99.
Mar 31, 2004
253 posts
43 upvotes
Milton
hchai wrote: Costco has one for $29.99 or 39.99.
Is it available online?
Jul 13, 2018
177 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa
drumhead wrote: Is it available online?
No, only available in store. It's quite heavy and shipping would probably cost too much.

If you don't care about the branding, the Echelon mat is available for $34.99 (and you'll get the shipping essentailly for free with the 20% off email sign up)
echelon-connect-sport-spin-bike-699-99- ... #p33902403
Mar 31, 2004
253 posts
43 upvotes
Milton
Kamdo wrote: No, only available in store. It's quite heavy and shipping would probably cost too much.

If you don't care about the branding, the Echelon mat is available for $34.99 (and you'll get the shipping essentailly for free with the 20% off email sign up)
echelon-connect-sport-spin-bike-699-99- ... #p33902403
Just curious if anyone has used this mat with the IC4. Doesn't seem like it would fit based on the dimensions that I found.

Mat: 47.5" x 27.5"
IC4: 48.7" x 21.2"
Jul 13, 2018
177 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa
drumhead wrote: Just curious if anyone has used this mat with the IC4. Doesn't seem like it would fit based on the dimensions that I found.

Mat: 47.5" x 27.5"
IC4: 48.7" x 21.2"
The official Schwinn equipment mat is 4ft x 3ft, so i doubt 1/2inch will make that much of a difference.

https://www.schwinnfitness.com/schwinn-mat/98315.html

Here's a picture of the IC4 on the Schwinn mat (from their website), i suspect some of the length is also the handles bars. The footprint of the base itself is shorter.

Jul 29, 2013
84 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
BestBuy Canada remove the product from its site....Not sure what that means.
Apr 1, 2009
288 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
cs993232 wrote: BestBuy Canada remove the product from its site....Not sure what that means.
That's what they do when they run out of stock and do not expect more stock soon.
Jan 19, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote
All, Just wanted to let you know I got the $999 price today !! (I purchased the IC4 online yesterday for $1199). I called customer service today and told them I have been trying to order online for the past two months at the $999 price advertised but it always sold out. When the item did come back in stcok and was available for purchase it was $200 more. I said because the price change was within 30 days they should price match and they did !!
Whoever paid the $1199 should call in and get the price match.
Apr 30, 2007
53 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
RodR13910 wrote: All, Just wanted to let you know I got the $999 price today !! (I purchased the IC4 online yesterday for $1199). I called customer service today and told them I have been trying to order online for the past two months at the $999 price advertised but it always sold out. When the item did come back in stcok and was available for purchase it was $200 more. I said because the price change was within 30 days they should price match and they did !!
Whoever paid the $1199 should call in and get the price match.
Woohoo, thanks for that! I was able to get 200$ + taxes back.

Conversation basically went like this:
I tried to purchase the bike back in Nov and Dec for 999 and it was sold out but was able to purchase it last week for 1199 when there was more stock available. Are you able to price match it?

CSR responds with: no, we can't do that. I follow up with, it doesn't seem fair that the bike would sell out within hours preventing me from purchasing it not once but twice otherwise I would have been able to purchase it then.

CSR still says: no, we can't do that. I then ask if she could escalate this with her supervisor. She says sure, starts to type away, and after 5 minutes, she goes: I'm still waiting for a reply but I can go ahead and do it myself. And proceeds to do it.

In other good news, I should be getting my bike delivered today as well.

Best of luck to anyone else.

Cheers!
Jan 7, 2007
38 posts
72 upvotes
wheee wrote: Woohoo, thanks for that! I was able to get 200$ + taxes back.

Conversation basically went like this:
I tried to purchase the bike back in Nov and Dec for 999 and it was sold out but was able to purchase it last week for 1199 when there was more stock available. Are you able to price match it?

CSR responds with: no, we can't do that. I follow up with, it doesn't seem fair that the bike would sell out within hours preventing me from purchasing it not once but twice otherwise I would have been able to purchase it then.

CSR still says: no, we can't do that. I then ask if she could escalate this with her supervisor. She says sure, starts to type away, and after 5 minutes, she goes: I'm still waiting for a reply but I can go ahead and do it myself. And proceeds to do it.

Best of luck to anyone else.

Cheers!
Gave it a shot, the supervisor said they couldn't do a price match on previous sale prices. Slightly Frowning Face
Congrats to those who got it!
Apr 1, 2009
288 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
nec88 wrote: Gave it a shot, the supervisor said they couldn't do a price match on previous sale prices. Slightly Frowning Face
Congrats to those who got it!
If it helps, it wasn't a sale - this was the regular price in November and December. If you can find a screenshot of their Web page with the price it will show that it was the regular price, not a sale.

[Edit] Also, I expect that, after enough people call and get the price reduced, that BB will decide not to do it any more.
Last edited by Olbi on Jan 21st, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 1, 2009
288 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
wheee wrote: ...
I was able to get 200$ + taxes back.
Glad that you got the raincheck!

Mine shows up as "Out for delivery", so hopefully I'll get it today as well! (after UPS and BB showing several different delivery dates yesterday)
Apr 30, 2007
53 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Olbi wrote: Glad that you got the raincheck!

Mine shows up as "Out for delivery", so hopefully I'll get it today as well! (after UPS and BB showing several different delivery dates yesterday)
Bike got delivered. I'm pretty sure if it's out for delivery you'll get yours today as well.

Already installed it and alas there seems to be a problem with the magnetic resistance. Waiting for a call back from Nautilus tech support. As soon as I go past Resistance level 30, I start to hear a grinding-like noise - like when you're sharpening a knife. I can't even get to Resistance level 100 - as soon as I hit 85, it's stuck solid.

Based on what I read, I suspect they'll ask me to recalibrate the resistance - something that apparently you can only do 3 times... and if that doesn't work they'll send over a new flywheel or even a bike.

I suppose my good luck had to stop at some point! At least I can go up to 30 without any apparent issues... so I can start getting myself acclimated to sweating.
Apr 1, 2009
288 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
wheee wrote: Bike got delivered. I'm pretty sure if it's out for delivery you'll get yours today as well.

Already installed it and alas there seems to be a problem with the magnetic resistance. Waiting for a call back from Nautilus tech support. As soon as I go past Resistance level 30, I start to hear a grinding-like noise - like when you're sharpening a knife. I can't even get to Resistance level 100 - as soon as I hit 85, it's stuck solid.

Based on what I read, I suspect they'll ask me to recalibrate the resistance - something that apparently you can only do 3 times... and if that doesn't work they'll send over a new flywheel or even a bike.

I suppose my good luck had to stop at some point! At least I can go up to 30 without any apparent issues... so I can start getting myself acclimated to sweating.
Yes, I got mine as well, but I haven't installed it yet. The box was slightly damaged (I took pictures), but I'm hoping that everything will be fine when I install it tonight!

Hopefully everything will turn out fine with yours! The whole thing with the re-calibration sucks! Are you sure that the brake doesn't touch the flywheel? Is it possible that the was loosely installed and is lower than it should be?

[Edit] Hopefully you found out what is wrong with yours and it will be fixed soon!
I think that you can use the Kinetic app (see this post) to compare the resistance that you are getting. If at 30 you get max resistance , then probably the arm is just sitting low for some reason.

I installed mine and tried it out. I checked and it can go to 100 resistance, but I can barely ride for more than 15 sec. on a resistance higher than 35! :( Of course, I'm not an experienced cyclist by any means, so I'm hoping to get better! :)
I some cases, while pedaling fast, I can hear some clicking noise. I thought that it might be the pedals or the crank arms, but they are tight and secure. I think that it is coming from the seat stem since it wobbles just enough to make a noise, but I need to do more tests to make sure that it is not something else.
Apr 30, 2007
53 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Olbi wrote: Yes, I got mine as well, but I haven't installed it yet. The box was slightly damaged (I took pictures), but I'm hoping that everything will be fine when I install it tonight!

Hopefully everything will turn out fine with yours! The whole thing with the re-calibration sucks! Are you sure that the brake doesn't touch the flywheel? Is it possible that the was loosely installed and is lower than it should be?

[Edit] Hopefully you found out what is wrong with yours and it will be fixed soon!
I think that you can use the Kinetic app (see this post) to compare the resistance that you are getting. If at 30 you get max resistance , then probably the arm is just sitting low for some reason.

I installed mine and tried it out. I checked and it can go to 100 resistance, but I can barely ride for more than 15 sec. on a resistance higher than 35! :( Of course, I'm not an experienced cyclist by any means, so I'm hoping to get better! :)
I some cases, while pedaling fast, I can hear some clicking noise. I thought that it might be the pedals or the crank arms, but they are tight and secure. I think that it is coming from the seat stem since it wobbles just enough to make a noise, but I need to do more tests to make sure that it is not something else.
I called Schwinn/Nautilus support and they walked me through the re-calibration process. Like you were thinking, when I got to RL30, the back of the brake started to touch the flywheel. I couldn't see it before because of the plastic fender but once I took it off I could see the problem.

In any case, recallibrating the sensor fixed the issue - mind you, you can only do it 3 times and if you need to do it again, you would need to replace the sensor. Pretty easy overall - there are manuals that walk you through it from schwinnfitness.com.

Like you, I installed the Kinetic app... I wasn't planning on signing up for Peloton or any other service but I do want to track my mileage, power and so forth. Will have to figure all that out.

As for the clicking noise, I hear that sometimes as well when going really fast. Mind you, I was wearing brand new shoes with SPD cleats with the tag still attached which was definitely hitting the crank each time. So I haven't really stress-test much yet.

But yeah, at first I thought 75-80 wasn't that hard.. but after I did it for 30 seconds I was dying haha.

I just did a 40 minute session while watching a show... ended up doing 21 km... things started to cramp up and my ass started to hurt. I suspect I'll be a bit tender tomorrow. =P

Best of luck to you and your bike!
Apr 1, 2009
288 posts
79 upvotes
GTA
wheee wrote: I called Schwinn/Nautilus support and they walked me through the re-calibration process. Like you were thinking, when I got to RL30, the back of the brake started to touch the flywheel. I couldn't see it before because of the plastic fender but once I took it off I could see the problem.

In any case, recallibrating the sensor fixed the issue - mind you, you can only do it 3 times and if you need to do it again, you would need to replace the sensor. Pretty easy overall - there are manuals that walk you through it from schwinnfitness.com.

Like you, I installed the Kinetic app... I wasn't planning on signing up for Peloton or any other service but I do want to track my mileage, power and so forth. Will have to figure all that out.

As for the clicking noise, I hear that sometimes as well when going really fast. Mind you, I was wearing brand new shoes with SPD cleats with the tag still attached which was definitely hitting the crank each time. So I haven't really stress-test much yet.

But yeah, at first I thought 75-80 wasn't that hard.. but after I did it for 30 seconds I was dying haha.

I just did a 40 minute session while watching a show... ended up doing 21 km... things started to cramp up and my ass started to hurt. I suspect I'll be a bit tender tomorrow. =P

Best of luck to you and your bike!
Good that you have your issue fixed!

Best of luck to you and your bike as well!
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1554 posts
148 upvotes
We got our bike yesterday. Can't believe how fast this shipped out and makes you wonder if they really are sold out. For anyone who is assembling, we used this video. Step-by-step and very simple, dont need to read the instructions thanks to this guy.

Apr 30, 2007
53 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
EscaBoi wrote: We got our bike yesterday. Can't believe how fast this shipped out and makes you wonder if they really are sold out. For anyone who is assembling, we used this video. Step-by-step and very simple, dont need to read the instructions thanks to this guy.

Hah, I skipped through the video just to find out where the wrench was actually used because I never needed to use it. He used to tighten the pedals - whereas I had used the flatter all-in-one (screw+wrench together) tool to do that. I was wondering why I had both.