Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Schwinn IC4 @1199.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 8:34 pm
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2002
604 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like I'm not going to keep it as wife doesn't want it after researching more.

I'm located in the GTA and offering at the $1199+tax purchase price for pickup only. Still sealed, unopened.

Otherwise will return back to BB.
Newbie
Mar 14, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
dP21 wrote: Looks like I'm not going to keep it as wife doesn't want it after researching more.

I'm located in the GTA and offering at the $1199+tax purchase price for pickup only. Still sealed, unopened.

Otherwise will return back to BB.
Interested, sent you a PM
Newbie
Jul 29, 2013
75 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
As of 12:21pm, ppl can order online. Backorders will ship by February 10.
Just ordered mine, 2 weeks waiting time is not so terrible, and better than pay for Kijiji price.
Member
Apr 7, 2009
472 posts
284 upvotes
toronto
hchai wrote: It is not. get the costco one. The control unit in IC4 is garbage, the power data is wrong, cadence info is a bar indicator instead of number. Get the sunny bike, add a cadence sensor and Heart rate strap, use wahoo app in your cellphone as bike computer. You are good to go with Peloton digital.

https://forums.zwift.com/t/schwinn-ic8- ... 171514/101
https://www.sippingandshopping.org/waho ... -a-budget/

I use power meter pedal for power and cadence data. I trained by Power zone so i don't care about HR.
Can you clarify what you use. I bought the SF-B1913 and am interested. Do you have the Wahoo Cadence Sensor and Wahoo Speed Sensor and use the Wahoo app, or something else. Not sure how to track power too? Thx
Member
Feb 20, 2006
294 posts
184 upvotes
ngleu wrote: Can you clarify what you use. I bought the SF-B1913 and am interested. Do you have the Wahoo Cadence Sensor and Wahoo Speed Sensor and use the Wahoo app, or something else. Not sure how to track power too? Thx
My set up
1. Spinning Ascent Bike - I got this from costco for $400 many years ago dirt cheap, extremely basic, no computer, nothing, It is not magnetic resistance, but so far rock solid.
2. Favero Assioma Duo Power Pedals - Power meter Pedals that I can mount on my road bike in the summer. You get wattage, cadence information from it. these 2 are the only data you need for cycling. "UNO" will give u power data on one side only but it will work as well.
3. Garmin Fenix 3 - my sport watch. It is not a must, but I use it to log my workout and also capture my HR data. HR is only used for calculating the calories burnt.
4. Cellphone with Wahoo app - Use as your bike computer to show your workout time, cadence and wattage.
5. Perfpro Studio - the window program I use for my FTP training. Not a must. You can use workout video from youtube like GCN, Trainerroad, or peloton app power zone training. I do not suggest Zwift as this setup won't give you any road feel, and you better get a smart trainer for that.

I was planning to upgrade my indoor bike in the Xmas of 2019 as my bike did not provide me cadence and power data. I looked at Keiser M3i and Lifefitness IC6 (both around $2300 at the time) which are excellent and are commerical grade, but then i found out from DCrainmaker about Favero Assioma power pedal and they only cost about $800 at the time and I can use it on my road bike and also my spin bike which is a big plus.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09/fav ... eview.html
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Favero-Assioma- ... 3054035869
https://labicicletta.com/products/faver ... 1155489885

You can use wahoo cadence sensor/speed sensor as per the link below, you can make it works with peloton, but you won't get power info.
https://www.sippingandshopping.org/my-p ... ternative/

the IC4 does not have a power meter and the power data they come up is flawed. You won't find any bike with one below $2000 price point. Hope it helps.

Edit
If people are only interested in the peloton app, then get the IC4. It is designed for that purpose and cheaper than Peloton even though it is not the "full" experience. It is easy and simple.
Member
Apr 7, 2009
472 posts
284 upvotes
toronto
Great, thanks for the info. I just noticed that my new Sunny bike SF-B1913 actually has cadence on the display. It was on the second screen so I didn't notice before. I'll see if I can just use that and not have to buy a Wahoo sensor.

hchai wrote: My set up
1. Spinning Ascent Bike - I got this from costco for $400 many years ago dirt cheap, extremely basic, no computer, nothing, It is not magnetic resistance, but so far rock solid.
2. Favero Assioma Duo Power Pedals - Power meter Pedals that I can mount on my road bike in the summer. You get wattage, cadence information from it. these 2 are the only data you need for cycling. "UNO" will give u power data on one side only but it will work as well.
3. Garmin Fenix 3 - my sport watch. It is not a must, but I use it to log my workout and also capture my HR data. HR is only used for calculating the calories burnt.
4. Cellphone with Wahoo app - Use as your bike computer to show your workout time, cadence and wattage.
5. Perfpro Studio - the window program I use for my FTP training. Not a must. You can use workout video from youtube like GCN, Trainerroad, or peloton app power zone training. I do not suggest Zwift as this setup won't give you any road feel, and you better get a smart trainer for that.

I was planning to upgrade my indoor bike in the Xmas of 2019 as my bike did not provide me cadence and power data. I looked at Keiser M3i and Lifefitness IC6 (both around $2300 at the time) which are excellent and are commerical grade, but then i found out from DCrainmaker about Favero Assioma power pedal and they only cost about $800 at the time and I can use it on my road bike and also my spin bike which is a big plus.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/09/fav ... eview.html
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Favero-Assioma- ... 3054035869
https://labicicletta.com/products/faver ... 1155489885

You can use wahoo cadence sensor/speed sensor as per the link below, you can make it works with peloton, but you won't get power info.
https://www.sippingandshopping.org/my-p ... ternative/

the IC4 does not have a power meter and the power data they come up is flawed. You won't find any bike with one below $2000 price point. Hope it helps.

Edit
If people are only interested in the peloton app, then get the IC4. It is designed for that purpose and cheaper than Peloton even though it is not the "full" experience. It is easy and simple.
Newbie
Jul 29, 2013
75 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
mine was ordered on Jan. 28 from Bestbuy .ca and it's now with the local ups store, scheduled delivery date is tomorrow.
Got a $227 price adjustment a week ago.
The Facebook IC4 group now has over 19k members, lots of them are very active and help each other, hope to see some of you there.

Top