Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Schwinn IC4 $999.99 back in stock

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 8:45 pm
Nov 30, 2019
137 posts
57 upvotes
When I log into bestbuy.ca, it says backordered. Will ship by Invalid Date. Did that happen to anyone else or shall I assume the computer ate my order? Tried calling a few days back and the CSR was not helpful.
Aug 12, 2008
3 posts
Mine also says invalid date. I ordered on September 2nd. I thought at some point it had said September 11th. I chatted with someone today but didn't get much more info than it is backordered. :(
Mar 1, 2006
4 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver BC
Mine got delivered yesterday. I ordered it Sept 2.
Dec 10, 2008
368 posts
294 upvotes
notnef6 wrote: Mine also says invalid date. I ordered on September 2nd. I thought at some point it had said September 11th. I chatted with someone today but didn't get much more info than it is backordered. :(
fatdad wrote: When I log into bestbuy.ca, it says backordered. Will ship by Invalid Date. Did that happen to anyone else or shall I assume the computer ate my order? Tried calling a few days back and the CSR was not helpful.
I ordered Sep 5 and mine said exactly the same thing (Invalid Date) until I got a shipping notice on Sep 8 and then mine arrived yesterday. Based on my experience, I think you're probably fine, perhaps location is playing a factor in how they are distributed (I'm in BC Lower Mainland).
Nov 23, 2001
827 posts
290 upvotes
Montreal
najibs wrote: If anyone in the Montreal area wants one, I'll sell you mine at cost, or I will return it, as I'm within 30 days. Mine has no bends, squeaks or anything weird. It's mint. I've done a couple of peloton classes but I just can't get motivated to cycle indoors like I do when I'm cycling outdoors. Indoors just isn't doing it for me. I'll have to stick tot he treadmill this winter...
I hear you man. One hour of cycling outside is so refreshing, I don't even see the time pass by.
30mns on the indoor bike... I keep glancing at the timer waiting for the damn thing to finish
Nov 30, 2019
137 posts
57 upvotes
aptar wrote: I ordered Sep 5 and mine said exactly the same thing (Invalid Date) until I got a shipping notice on Sep 8 and then mine arrived yesterday. Based on my experience, I think you're probably fine, perhaps location is playing a factor in how they are distributed (I'm in BC Lower Mainland).
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Aug 12, 2008
3 posts
I just received a shipping notice. :) I had ordered on September 2nd and am in Ontario.
Nov 30, 2019
137 posts
57 upvotes
Thanks! I finally had the invalid date update to sept 16. Ordered sept 3rd (and in ON). Excited. That said, I just pulled the trigger on a concept2 yesterday :-p So I really need to get in shape to pay off all the money I spent. In case any RFDer wants to save money, I say a bunch of recumbent bikes on sale at Amazon for 250-300 (with good reviews). This is not an intense workout but if you are out of shape like me, this might be a much cheaper way to get fit. Good luck all!
Oct 27, 2009
314 posts
169 upvotes
any recommendation for shoes/pedals to go with this bike?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1537 posts
1732 upvotes
Ontario
vse wrote: any recommendation for shoes/pedals to go with this bike?
I got these and they are good SPD shoes for the price. Unfortunately pretty much sold out now.
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5063-356/ ... ling-Shoes#

Anyone else not able to hit 49 resistance? My bike skips from 48 to 50. Not a big deal but the Peloton 50 converts to IC4 49.
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
ODoyleRulz wrote: I got these and they are good SPD shoes for the price. Unfortunately pretty much sold out now.
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5063-356/ ... ling-Shoes#

Anyone else not able to hit 49 resistance? My bike skips from 48 to 50. Not a big deal but the Peloton 50 converts to IC4 49.
That peloton conversion chart everyone seems to use is garbage. For most people, when they actually check the calibration correctly, a peloton 50 is closer to a IC4 25. But yes, having the resistance skip a number here and there is normal.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1537 posts
1732 upvotes
Ontario
nagooro wrote: That peloton conversion chart everyone seems to use is garbage. For most people, when they actually check the calibration correctly, a peloton 50 is closer to a IC4 25. But yes, having the resistance skip a number here and there is normal.
I think it’s good myself. I’m heavier so not sure how much that weighs in, but I couldn’t imagine doing only IC4 25 resistance at max 50 Peloton resistance (beginner/advanced classes). I have found the conversion chart very helpful and right where I want to be. If you find 25 challenging I think you need to do more leg workouts, no offence.

49 seems to be the only number my bike won’t hit. Haven’t tested every number, but otherwise it goes up one point at a time.
Mar 5, 2018
121 posts
191 upvotes
Edmonton
clarkey wrote: The product is no longer on Best Buy's website, anyone think that's a bad sign for those of us who want to grab one before winter arrives?

Here's the old link for reference: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sc ... e/13868851
Not a bad sign. It was on the website when the late august sale happened. Then it wasn’t on the website when I first learned about this last Thursday and Friday. Then back on the website on Saturday when the sale started again (and I was lucky enough to nab one).

Sadly, if you really want one, you’re going to have to give it a quick search every morning until it comes back. Based on previous trends, you’ll probably get lucky within the next couple weeks. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2016
1039 posts
705 upvotes
Got mine yesterday. Ups driver brought it up to my unit on the 11th floor. Said it was his responsibility. Gave him a $20 tip and a bottle of water regardless. Super easy to put together once you realize that all the screws are attached already. No issues like others had in terms of bending and such

Now to find a pair of shoes to wear and maybe order the wahoo tickr
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
following. waiting for best buy to restock. how are you guys liking the IC4 for peloton and zwift?
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
2Sedins1Cup wrote: following. waiting for best buy to restock. how are you guys liking the IC4 for peloton and zwift?
Rumour has it there will be restock later this week. But could be completely false too....hoping its true. I'm interested in this bike.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Aug 8, 2015
121 posts
156 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: following. waiting for best buy to restock. how are you guys liking the IC4 for peloton and zwift?
So far it has been great with peloton. I'm waiting on an ipad to ship so it can pair with the app, but following with the classes is fun and the bike is very sturdy and quiet. Pedals have needed a few rounds of tightening but now its running smooth.
May 19, 2011
103 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: Rumour has it there will be restock later this week. But could be completely false too....hoping its true. I'm interested in this bike.
Hoping you are right! Am considering pulling the trigger on the Echelon Sport but would prefer this one since it natively connects to the Peloton app.

Tough time to be buying fitness equipment!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)