• Aug 6th, 2020 12:07 am
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
461 posts
1015 upvotes
Ottawa

[Best Buy] Schwinn IC4 Spin Bike - $999.99

Can connect to Peloton app, zwift, etc.

Aware this bike has been a couple hundred cheaper earlier in the year before COVID. Those who got that deal may be able to chime in on the quality.

Great bike though and 31 left in back order.

Last edited by cain2589 on Jun 16th, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
156 replies
Nov 24, 2017
50 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks, OP. I had been looking for this bike for a while. Really appreciate you posting this before it gets sold out again.
Feb 20, 2006
183 posts
108 upvotes
cain2589 wrote: Can connect to Peloton app, zwift, etc.

Aware this bike has been a couple hundred cheaper earlier in the year before COVID. Those who got that deal may be able to chime in on the quality.

Great bike though and 31 left in back order.
Good for peloton, not so much for zwfit as the power output calculation is wrong for this bike.

https://forums.zwift.com/t/schwinn-ic8- ... 171514/101
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3134 posts
1767 upvotes
GTA
FWIW, my wife has had this bike since December 2019 -- no issues to report and it is used regularly for Peloton.

Agree with the previous poster that this would not be a good option for Zwift.
Oct 5, 2008
121 posts
23 upvotes
Shows as backorder only for me. Deal dead?
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
461 posts
1015 upvotes
Ottawa
Wrestlemania wrote: This, or the Bowflex C6? ($1249).
Same bike by the same company under a different brand.
Mar 26, 2008
59 posts
46 upvotes
I called the supplier a few weeks ago and they told me that they don’t expect shipping the Schwinn IC4 until Mid-Late July to Aug for Best Buy and Wal-Mart.

I would also suggest keeping your eyes open for this one at Walmart. Just keep in mind that Wal-Mart’s warehouse has been horrendous + their new return policy means no mater what wrong you are SOL.

Echelon Connect Sport Spin Bike $699
B3967BDD-806B-4D79-9E4F-45C3F5E20588.jpeg
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/echelon-co ... lspartner=
Last edited by Ducky90 on Jun 16th, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 30, 2007
32 posts
16 upvotes
London
Thanks OP, have been keeping an eye out for this or the c6 over the last few weeks, didn't want to bite the bullet for the c6 at $1249 through bowflex with the up to 90 business day delay. Hopefully this won't take quite that long.

Also interestingly, Walmart upped the listing price of this a week or so ago from $999 to $1249.
Jan 27, 2009
170 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
No bike “connects” to the peleton app, but you can use the power output on the bike to participate in peleton classes you run on another device.
Darryl
Nov 24, 2017
50 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
Looks like they changed the status now. It shows "Available for preorder" with Release Date: July 2, 2020. Delivery Date: July 9, 2020. My order shows as "Delivery arrives as early as Invalid Date", which is strange, but I'm hoping they'll correct it.
Dec 20, 2012
719 posts
583 upvotes
Surrey
I’ve been hoping for a deal on a budget airbike but haven’t been able to find one on sale. Is anyone aware of where I could find one?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3912 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto
AnshumanB876667 wrote: Looks like they changed the status now. It shows "Available for preorder" with Release Date: July 2, 2020. Delivery Date: July 9, 2020. My order shows as "Delivery arrives as early as Invalid Date", which is strange, but I'm hoping they'll correct it.
Same. Been eyeing this bike to come back in stock and pulled trigger on Bowflex C6 a month ago but it hasn't shipped (latest eta is end of Aug) and that's the same model as IC4.
Everywhere else bumped its price from 999 to 1249 so this is a great deal during COVID times.

EDIT: At this time of writing... 12 online units left.

Product Search Results
Schwinn IC4 Spin Bike
Web Code: 13868851
Price: $999.99
Sold by: BestBuy
Online stock: 12 (Preorder)
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1511 posts
364 upvotes
I've had the IC4 since before COVID and it's been great to be able to workout while being stuck at home. It's a very sturdy bike and rides relatively smooth. Bonus on the BT heart rate monitor that's included. I only have a couple of gripes about the design of the bike, but certainly not deal breakers.

The bottle holders aren't in a great spot if you like to do standing hill climbs. I'm a rather short person, so I have the seat pulled as far forward as possible and the handlebars as far backwards as possible so that I'm not overstretching while in the seat. But this means that in a standing climb, my knees will hit my water bottle in the holder. Now, I just put my bottle upright rather than laying down.

Secondly, I use clipless pedals with my cycling shoes, but the included pedals have too much float. Easy fix is to replace with your own pedals if you want to use cleats.

Last nit-pick is that the resistance level is set by a turning a knob. I say this is nit-picking because I only paid $800 for this bike, and I'm comparing it to the levered-resistance on a $3k bike. I can live with the knob. ;)

Everything else about it is great. Assembly was straight forward. The on-board computer is simple, but gives the basic info. The tablet holder is great for holding up your device for whatever spin/cycling app you decide to use.