Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Sennheiser Momentum True In-Ear Sound Isolating Wireless Ear Buds-$169.99(Reg-$299)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 4:47 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
518 posts
1552 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Best Buy] Sennheiser Momentum True In-Ear Sound Isolating Wireless Ear Buds-$169.99(Reg-$299)

It was on sale last month for $199 and this time it has dropped further.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4603 posts
2490 upvotes
Toronto
I could not get these to stay in my ear. The driver is very large and is expected to sit in the outer part of your ear, just wouldn't fit for me. Considering BB's return policy on ear buds, I'd be careful buying these unless you've got decent sized ears.
Last edited by Jep4444 on Jul 24th, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 24, 2017
168 posts
146 upvotes
How are these compared to the galaxy buds+ on sale for 150 right now?
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14468 posts
2481 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Reduction in price like this is an indicator of bad experiences..and low demand
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3197 posts
2837 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I believe these were on sale last week and in the thread that was created it was pointed out these are the previous model, so the "original" price is inflated

E: Here is the thread
Last edited by chemicalxv on Jul 24th, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13877 posts
5059 upvotes
Ottawa
weedb0y wrote: Reduction in price like this is an indicator of bad experiences..and low demand
Or it could be the version 2 coming out.

https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/momentumtruewireless-2
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 16, 2015
527 posts
979 upvotes
Toronto, ON
weedb0y wrote: Reduction in price like this is an indicator of bad experiences..and low demand
they were a bit over price at $399 MSRP

$250 is a more realistic "regular" price for these
Jan 5, 2018
52 posts
67 upvotes
Alexdubzz wrote: How are these compared to the galaxy buds+ on sale for 150 right now?
The sound quality on the momentums is a lot better but the galaxy buds plus have better fundamentals (battery life, microphone, connectivity, wireless charging, etc). I'd recommend the momentum a if all you care about is sound quality otherwise I think the galaxy buds plus are better.
Aug 30, 2009
174 posts
33 upvotes
Markham
Hmm, getting to a price where it's interesting. From most reviews seems like they sound great but there is a battery drain issue while sitting in stand by too long in the charging case. There are ways to mitigate it though, but just be aware before you buy.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1433 posts
550 upvotes
Dont buy these ones. They have a battery drain issue thats hardware based... You NEED to charge them every 2 days, even if you dont use them. The whole point of a TWS earbuds is convenience. Yeah, this sound better than any other ones... but that counts for little if they're constantly killing their battery.
If you want cheap good sounding ones, look at the Sabbat E12's. I own a pair and love them. No ANC or companion app, but for ~$80, that're great. And imo they sound better than the airpod pro's.
Nov 10, 2019
80 posts
57 upvotes
Anyone tried these doing intense workouts/sports? Do they fall off easily? I don't like the earphones that have hooks and I don't want non hooks to fall easily...
Jul 23, 2020
3 posts
6 upvotes
Since there are a few people wondering about these I figured I'd make my first post. I originally bought these on sale from Amazon about a year ago for $280. When I was still commuting/in school, I would use them daily. I echo everyone in this thread in that the sound quality is really good. I can't say I've tried too many wireless earbuds (only the RHA MA750, which sounds awful in comparison), but to my non-audiophile ear, I have 0 complaints. Even compared to my Sennheiser 598's plugged into my phone, or some of the past mid-range IEMs I've used, they sound really good.

However, there are a few issues that I do have with them:
1. There is a main bud (right) and a secondary bud (left). You can use the right bud without the left, but not vice versa. In most situations I prefer to only have one earbud in but because of this design, I can only leave my right earbud in. If my right ear does get really tired, I can fit it in my left ear, but obviously it's not as comfortable and it sounds different. On a similar note, this also means the touch controls aren't always available to me. The left ear has all the media controls (play/pause, skip track, previous track) which I would use a lot more than the call controls of the right one (accept/end call, reject call, voice assistant) if it weren't for the fact that they aren't available to me.
2. No wireless charging makes them a bit less convenient than some competitors, as I can't just plop them down on my phone or something. I do really appreciate its USB C though, as I only have to carry one charger for my phone, laptop, and headphones.
3. The battery life is pretty short compared to more recent products. I think the spec is around 4 hours for this version - I've never timed it but that sounds about right. I can definitely remember times where I did need to charge them after prolonged use but that also gave me a chance to rest my ears/let them breathe.

To address some of the comments in this thread:
Scott86 wrote: Dont buy these ones. They have a battery drain issue thats hardware based... You NEED to charge them every 2 days, even if you dont use them. The whole point of a TWS earbuds is convenience. Yeah, this sound better than any other ones... but that counts for little if they're constantly killing their battery.
If you want cheap good sounding ones, look at the Sabbat E12's. I own a pair and love them. No ANC or companion app, but for ~$80, that're great. And imo they sound better than the airpod pro's.
Yes, there is a battery drain issue but to me it really isn't a huge deal. Basically the earbuds slowly lose charge while in the case and after a few days, the case runs out of battery so the whole thing dies. I've never timed this either, but I think it lasts a bit longer than 2 days. However, as I mentioned, since I used them pretty much daily, I would be topping up the case anyways. I can only really think of two occasions where the buds did die on me because of the battery drain issue. At full price, this might be a cause for concern but for $170, I think it's still a net positive.

kimchibowl wrote: Anyone tried these doing intense workouts/sports? Do they fall off easily? I don't like the earphones that have hooks and I don't want non hooks to fall easily...
I sometimes run in these and I've never felt like they were going to fall out. They don't really move at all, but since everyone's ears are different, YMMV. Like most earbuds though, they have a few sizes you can try out to hopefully find the right fit. I think I ended up using the next smallest size after the regular one that comes with it, if that helps you.
Aug 19, 2011
83 posts
10 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Scott86 wrote: Dont buy these ones. They have a battery drain issue thats hardware based... You NEED to charge them every 2 days, even if you dont use them. The whole point of a TWS earbuds is convenience. Yeah, this sound better than any other ones... but that counts for little if they're constantly killing their battery.
The Sabbat looks interesting. The reviews say they have a strong emphasis on bass. Is that the case? I'm looking for something with a more balanced sound profile, or at the very least, bass that that is not overwhelming.

BTW, do you own the new Ultra version or the older version?
Aug 30, 2015
9 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I've purchased these after OP posted, and from the comments I expected them to be worse. I haven't had any issues with battery life, but I also wouldn't be able to stand something in my ears for a straight 3.5-4 hours straight.

The controls are odd, but manageable. Using google assistant with them are a pleasure (touch your right ear once and you have google assist).

Usually the earbuds turn on right when you take them out of the case, which has been my experience, except today (after not charging them since I got them), I had to turn them on (long press both ears).

I kind of like how they tell you they are connected the moment you put them in your ears. I like how they turn the music off the music when you remove either earbud.

I've been using my Google Pixel XL power supply to charge these, and it seemed speedy. Pairing hasn't been an issue with my Pixel or iPhone7+ (work phone).

My use case for these headphones is for when I don't want to wear my Sennheiser HD 4.50R.

Thanks OP.