Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Sharp 55" 4K Roku UHD LED Smart TV (LC-55LBU711C) $399 W/FS

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2019 8:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10587 posts
5046 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Sharp 55" 4K Roku UHD LED Smart TV (LC-55LBU711C) $399 W/FS

Best Buy has this Sharp 4K Roku UHD LED Smart TV (LC-55LBU711C) for $399 in store or online with free shipping ending today 10/27. You can also reserve in store online, at $399 and pick up tomorrow, or order for shipping, usually up until around 3:00am EST.
These are made by Hisense and likely have decent PQ, and sound for the $$. Roku smart features and remote for those who like or dislike the Roku OS.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Oct 27th, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
32 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10587 posts
5046 upvotes
Toronto
michaelnzha wrote: Any advice this or a tcl 4 series?
This seems to be very much like the Hisense 6109, if not identical, so I think you would probably find this superior to the TCL 4 series in a few aspects. Probably black uniformity, brightness and sound. Don't own one of these Sharp's or TCL's though, so I am just guessing.
I do have a Hisense.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Member
Dec 15, 2017
226 posts
247 upvotes
Stittsville
The back of this tv is identical to Hisense 50 in I got last week from Costco for 299
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10587 posts
5046 upvotes
Toronto
MOOCer wrote: The back of this tv is identical to Hisense 50 in I got last week from Costco for 299
Thanks for confirming. How is the sound and PQ on the 50R6109?
It is hard to tell if there will be differences in different sizes of the same model sometimes.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2008
100 posts
34 upvotes
Stay away from Sharp. I bought a 50 inch at Maxi on Black Friday 2018. The tv doesn't last 6 months. The Hisense support is horrible. I try to fight for warranty but i give up after multiples calls. Each Times, the told me to change the HDMI cables.

Don't waste your money.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10587 posts
5046 upvotes
Toronto
Bigpat wrote: Stay away from Sharp. I bought a 50 inch at Maxi on Black Friday 2018. The tv doesn't last 6 months. The Hisense support is horrible. I try to fight for warranty but i give up after multiples calls. Each Times, the told me to change the HDMI cables.

Don't waste your money.
Why won't they cover it?
After you try another HDMI, then they say to do the same thing again?
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10587 posts
5046 upvotes
Toronto
The price went up to $479, but I notice that the BB store at 401/Weston Rd. GTA, has a few stacked and still has the $399 tag on it. Probably just an oversight but they might still honor it if pointed out to them. Maybe some other stores might also have the old tag up.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Newbie
Aug 26, 2019
15 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So fun fact. I helped out my gramma who had an issue with her Sharp TV. I learned a few things. This TV isn't actually mfgd by Hisense Canada. Rule of thumb: if it's not on https://www.sharp-canada.ca/, then it's either the "original" sharp - since the Hisense-Sharp partnership doesn't cover every single product sold and "Sharp" still has to offer support on their own product; or it's a Best Buy exclusive - I think BB are getting their models from another source (a fulfillment company or possibly Hisense US overstock?). Best Buy has to handle their own support on this product through Geek Squad. It took me three calls to Sharp Canada (Hisense) and an email to the original Sharp to figure out what was going on. It was annoying but I understand now why the first two people I spoke to couldn't help me. Glad my G-ma didn't have to deal with this crap though... once I got the right person, everything was quick and easy. My life advice: if you buy it from Best Buy, go to Best Buy for help first.
do what is right. not what is easy
Member
Dec 15, 2017
226 posts
247 upvotes
Stittsville
idiotcanuck wrote: Thanks for confirming. How is the sound and PQ on the 50R6109?
It is hard to tell if there will be differences in different sizes of the same model sometimes.
PQ is amazing, sound is really good and I have LG 55 in against which I can compare. The only thing is that sometimes it loses wi fi signal, but it's not a big issue.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10587 posts
5046 upvotes
Toronto
AshleyS779201 wrote: So fun fact. I helped out my gramma who had an issue with her Sharp TV. I learned a few things. This TV isn't actually mfgd by Hisense Canada. Rule of thumb: if it's not on https://www.sharp-canada.ca/, then it's either the "original" sharp - since the Hisense-Sharp partnership doesn't cover every single product sold and "Sharp" still has to offer support on their own product; or it's a Best Buy exclusive - I think BB are getting their models from another source (a fulfillment company or possibly Hisense US overstock?). Best Buy has to handle their own support on this product through Geek Squad. It took me three calls to Sharp Canada (Hisense) and an email to the original Sharp to figure out what was going on. It was annoying but I understand now why the first two people I spoke to couldn't help me. Glad my G-ma didn't have to deal with this crap though... once I got the right person, everything was quick and easy. My life advice: if you buy it from Best Buy, go to Best Buy for help first.
Thanks for sharing the way to cut through the confusion.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2012
1325 posts
784 upvotes
I got this TV from best buy for less than $200 in a price error.
This TV has actually has great PQ right out of the box but don't expect more than that especially when it comes to fast moving pictures and grey color content. I actually like the Roku brower too. It feels much more snappier than my Sony xbr65x900F.

The sony i own is not worth $2000 more than this Sharp IMO. Maybe if I were to get I calibrated but I can't be bothered lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10587 posts
5046 upvotes
Toronto
MOOCer wrote: PQ is amazing, sound is really good and I have LG 55 in against which I can compare. The only thing is that sometimes it loses wi fi signal, but it's not a big issue.
Thanks for the feedback.
I havent had any WiFi issues with my 55", but my router is in the same room. If distance might be an issue maybe try switching to 2.4 ghz or vice versa.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2489 posts
340 upvotes
Burnaby
saw the deal too late.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10587 posts
5046 upvotes
Toronto
tomatoonline wrote: saw the deal too late.
As above, if you really want one, check your local BB, if close by. The one that I was in here in the GTA today still had the $399 tag on the stack of 2-3 left. Maybe you might get lucky.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Newbie
Sep 26, 2017
77 posts
83 upvotes
The best buy at eaton centre(downtown Toronto) had it at $399 this morning too.
Member
Dec 29, 2014
274 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Some comments say that this Roku TV is harder to use than a regular TV. I've never used a Roku TV, what's the difference? Is the menu totally different or is it something else?

Top