Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Best Buy Sharp 70" 1080p 240Hz 3D LED Smart TV LC70SQ15U $1999

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2015 4:15 pm
Tags:
11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1161 posts
459 upvotes
Abbotsford
FYI. Sharp has horrendous TV warranty support.

My Sharp 60" 3D TV is 14 months old. I started having issues with flashing on the top of the screen at around 8 months and reported the issues to Sharp. They gave me the run around for 6 months asking me to submit video's of the issue multiple times and never returning calls (I always had to follow up). They advised me to perform the same trouble shooting steps over and OVER again.

I finally gave up on Sharp and went through my credit card company to have the TV covered under the extended warranty and purchased a Samsung UN60H7150.

I haven't had warranty experience with any other TV brands, so I'm not sure if other TV manufacturer's offer a different experience.

I know I won't ever purchase a Sharp product again
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2001
2487 posts
286 upvotes
Sharp is leaving the consumer TV market in Canada. Buyer beware.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5257 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
dscott01 wrote: I finally gave up on Sharp and went through my credit card company to have the TV covered under the extended warranty and purchased a Samsung UN60H7150.
Uh oh, you know that UN60H7150 has a Sharp panel.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15298 posts
6317 upvotes
The 65" samsung at cc looks like a much better deal to me unless you really like 3d.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2949 posts
4343 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mr. Robo wrote: Uh oh, you know that UN60H7150 has a Sharp panel.
Looks like it's back to calling client care and submitting videos and following up and doing the same trouble shooting steps over and over again. Hope he finds a deal on a straight jacket.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1161 posts
459 upvotes
Abbotsford
Mr. Robo wrote: Uh oh, you know that UN60H7150 has a Sharp panel.
Yes, I know. The Samsung I received has a HH02 Sharp panel and it looks fantastic
Sep 7, 2003
945 posts
424 upvotes
dscott01 wrote: FYI. Sharp has horrendous TV warranty support.

My Sharp 60" 3D TV is 14 months old. I started having issues with flashing on the top of the screen at around 8 months and reported the issues to Sharp. They gave me the run around for 6 months asking me to submit video's of the issue multiple times and never returning calls (I always had to follow up). They advised me to perform the same trouble shooting steps over and OVER again.

I finally gave up on Sharp and went through my credit card company to have the TV covered under the extended warranty and purchased a Samsung UN60H7150.

I haven't had warranty experience with any other TV brands, so I'm not sure if other TV manufacturer's offer a different experience.

I know I won't ever purchase a Sharp product again
Same here on my 70 inch. They refused to replace the television and swapped out the panel. Noticed this weekend that the same issue is happening (white dots). I emailed them and am waiting to hear back. If I get the run around I'm going to contact my credit card company. What did your CC do for you? Did they refund your money or fix your tv?
Sep 9, 2014
182 posts
69 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
how does this tv compare to the LG 70LB7100?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1161 posts
459 upvotes
Abbotsford
vistokid wrote: Same here on my 70 inch. They refused to replace the television and swapped out the panel. Noticed this weekend that the same issue is happening (white dots). I emailed them and am waiting to hear back. If I get the run around I'm going to contact my credit card company. What did your CC do for you? Did they refund your money or fix your tv?
I have an MBNA Smart Cash CC. I filed a claim after the 1 year Sharp warranty expired. They needed a quote to repair the TV, which in my case was a panel replacement. I asked them if I could buy a new TV instead of repairing the old one since the quote was the same price as a new TV. I was told that they usually only repair for the extended warranty. They approved the claim, and mailed a cheque for the repair amount.

Most credit cards have this extended warranty, but not all of them.
Sep 7, 2003
945 posts
424 upvotes
dscott01 wrote: I have an MBNA Smart Cash CC. I filed a claim after the 1 year Sharp warranty expired. They needed a quote to repair the TV, which in my case was a panel replacement. I asked them if I could buy a new TV instead of repairing the old one since the quote was the same price as a new TV. I was told that they usually only repair for the extended warranty. They approved the claim, and mailed a cheque for the repair amount.

Most credit cards have this extended warranty, but not all of them.
I called Sharp and told them I'm having the same issues again. I purchased my TV in Feb 2014, I started seeing white spots about 3 months later, I insisted on a replacement but they gave me the run around and made me jump through a 100 different hoops. Finally they said they would only replace the panel. I was exhausted from going back and fourth with them and gave in. They replaced my panel in October (took 5 months from my original call).

When I called today they asked me to do a factory reset (step 1 in 100 steps of hoop jumping), I said I don't want to have to go through all of this again. They said I'm out of warranty anyways so they're not sure what they can do for me.

Time to call AMEX.

I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A SHARP PRODUCT AGAIN.