Shopping Discussion

Best Buy Shipping times - generally accurate?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2015 6:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 27, 2006
105 posts
11 upvotes

Best Buy Shipping times - generally accurate?

I'm thinking about ordering something online from Best Buy but estimated delivery is December 30. I ideally want this before Christmas - any chance delivery time (to Toronto) will happen before Christmas (or even early next week - ie: Dec. 28/29)?

I've order things in the past and generally delivery has been much faster (I know higher volume right now). And other sites I've ordered from last week have had delivery dates after christmas, but looks like they are going to be delivered today (based on their tracking).

Anyone place and orders recently and have experience with delivery times?

I don't want to pay $23 for guaranteed delivery...
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
I doubt it. Why not buy in store
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17981 posts
5974 upvotes
Toronto
Buy it in store to guarantee you get it before christmas.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2006
105 posts
11 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Buy it in store to guarantee you get it before christmas.
Unfortunately sold out in all the stores close to me and in an 1hr driving distance radius (would totally by in store but unfortunately not available). And also, want to buy specifically at Best Buy since I have gift cards there...
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3906 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
buginthebassbin wrote: Unfortunately sold out in all the stores close to me and in an 1hr driving distance radius (would totally by in store but unfortunately not available). And also, want to buy specifically at Best Buy since I have gift cards there...
It's a crap shoot
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2028 upvotes
Nowhere
My mother called me Friday to find a tablet for my father. I did some research and found a model that would fit his needs and ran out to Best Buy Friday night to get it. i wouldn't normally leave things to the end like this. Unfortunately with their useless inventory system it was out of stock. By the time I got home other stores were also showing out of stock and I had missed the shipping deadline which at that point was for Dec. 22. I placed the order and even though it said Dec. 23, I now got Dec. 24 which I thought was odd as items previously shipped from Mississauga and I am in Brampton. To be safe, I shipped the item directly to my parents house. It shipped on Saturday which normally would have meant receiving it Monday but it shipped from Granby. I'm not sure if that is where things ship from now or it was just this item. The other issue is that it says Do Not Safe Drop. If my parents aren't there on Thursday, they won't get the item in time and their house is perfect for Safe Dropping.

Long story short, I don't think you will get it before Christmas unless you pay extra for shipping.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2006
105 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess I will just try and find it in-store somewhere other than Best Buy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)