Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] SodaStream Source Soda Machine (Now $119/ Before $149)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 11:29 pm
[OP]
Mar 5, 2013
136 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] SodaStream Source Soda Machine (Now $119/ Before $149)

Decided to share this one https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/so ... k/12390461, great product in my opinion. Got it yesterday - love it so far :)
Pickup in store - no shipping allowed within Canada (Because of the CO2 cylinder, this SodaStream isn’t allowed to be shipped in Canada. )
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
41 replies
Apr 13, 2010
99 posts
133 upvotes
If you're going to use it heavily, consider the DIY route. You can get a 10 lb CO2 tank, regulator, tubing, quick-release ball-lock connector, and CarbaCap for about $200 if you shop around. It'll pay for itself by the time the tank runs out for the first time, and you can use it for liquids other than water without voiding a warranty.

It's definitely not for people who want something that looks presentable on the counter, but you can keep it under the sink and even thread it through the counter if you want it to be accessible.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1230 posts
273 upvotes
S1 wrote: If you're going to use it heavily, consider the DIY route. You can get a 10 lb CO2 tank, regulator, tubing, quick-release ball-lock connector, and CarbaCap for about $200 if you shop around. It'll pay for itself by the time the tank runs out for the first time, and you can use it for liquids other than water without voiding a warranty.

It's definitely not for people who want something that looks presentable on the counter, but you can keep it under the sink and even thread it through the counter if you want it to be accessible.
This is a good option.
Or if you want to keep it as it is, get the CO2 tank and the fill adapter to fill the smaller cylinder whenever its empty. Keep the big CO2 tank in a garage or somewhere out of sight.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2301 posts
1316 upvotes
Montreal
You can usually get a basic Sodastream (not this one) for about 50$-60$
Dec 15, 2019
20 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
xblackdemonx wrote: You can usually get a basic Sodastream (not this one) for about 50$-60$
Who where when how?? Seriously haha
Jan 4, 2007
113 posts
33 upvotes
Minimo07 wrote: Who where when how?? Seriously haha
It was the price all of december and into jan. Just wait for the next sale.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5624 posts
576 upvotes
Sodastream is indeed a great product, and all of its carbonator produce identical result across the board.

To me, there is no real reason to get a premium model, except for cosmetics.

Like the poster above said, it was indeed $50-$60 during the past holidays. You just have to wait.
Aug 16, 2015
694 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tomtomtom wrote: Sodastream is indeed a great product, and all of its carbonator produce identical result across the board.

Like the poster above said, it was indeed $50-$60 during the past holidays. You just have to wait.
Though in fairness, the one in the OP allows you to adjust the carbonation level (3 settings), whereas the cheaper ones do not (unless I missed something). That might be a material difference for some people that could make this a better purchase.
Nov 10, 2016
50 posts
59 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
tomtomtom wrote: Sodastream is indeed a great product, and all of its carbonator produce identical result across the board.

It's not only cosmetics, there are some functionality settings, like the cheap model (Jet), you have to screw and unscrew the bottle, with the more expensive one (Source), you just pop the bottle in and out, as easy as that.

For the carbonation, the Jet (cheap model), you have to press many times the button (like around 6 times) until you get certain sound, with the Source (expensive), you just leave the button pressed and it shows you 3 levels of carbonation.

To my eyes the more expensive model its worth it, I bought the Source (expensive model) like 5 years ago and its still going strong, I also went the DIY route and bought a CO2 tank and I refill the tank around every 5 months for $15, and I use it almost every day.
Jan 22, 2019
260 posts
206 upvotes
capogalo wrote: To my eyes the more expensive model its worth it, I bought the Source (expensive model) like 5 years ago and its still going strong, I also went the DIY route and bought a CO2 tank and I refill the tank around every 5 months for $15, and I use it almost every day.
Can you explain to me house this is done? $20 for an exchange is too much, and I probably go through 1 canister every month.
Nov 12, 2016
254 posts
215 upvotes
georgep wrote: Though in fairness, the one in the OP allows you to adjust the carbonation level (3 settings), whereas the cheaper ones do not (unless I missed something). That might be a material difference for some people that could make this a better purchase.
The cheaper ones are just manual trigger. Want more carbonation just press down the button again.
Nov 10, 2016
50 posts
59 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
EarthViews wrote: Can you explain to me house this is done? $20 for an exchange is too much, and I probably go through 1 canister every month.
You can see the replies above, depends where you live, you need to find a place near your home that sells and refills CO2 tanks and buy a kit.

You have some options:

The adapter with a hose will cost like $100 and the tank depends how big you want to buy it, but they start at around $100 too, after that its just the refill, you will have the big tank attached to the sodastream.

There is also another option that instead of having a big tank connected to your sodastream is to buy an adapter to refill your small can, so in this case you need the bigger tank and the adapter.

Another option is to buy dry ice and just refill the cans but I think dealing with dry ice its kinda messy, also not that easy to find.

At the beginning i was exchanging like 1 can per month so yeah it was expensive.

I live in Montreal, this place is not that far for me and they sell the kit and refills, no issues there.

https://www.extincteurs-abp.com/remplissage-co2.php
Aug 16, 2015
694 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Coffeebot wrote: The cheaper ones are just manual trigger. Want more carbonation just press down the button again.
Exactly. Having settings is worth it to some but not worth it to others.