Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Sony 65" 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV (XBR65X900H) $1,599.99 ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 12:36 am
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
39 posts
55 upvotes

[Best Buy] Sony 65" 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV (XBR65X900H) $1,599.99 ($100 off)

Not a hot deal but warm. Great gaming TV for anyone getting an Xbox Series X or PS5.

It is also available at costco.ca for 1598.00$ https://www.costco.ca/sony-65-in.-4k-hd ... 56314.html
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 2nd, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
753 replies
Apr 15, 2003
394 posts
33 upvotes
Great timing, I was supposed to go to costco last night to pick it up for $1698 but ran out of time during the day. Might just order it online now. thanks OP!
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
39 posts
55 upvotes
sandals99 wrote: Great timing, I was supposed to go to costco last night to pick it up for $1698 but ran out of time during the day. Might just order it online now. thanks OP!
Same here. I was going pull the trigger and purchase it at Costco yesterday night. So glad I waited and ordered online this morning.
Apr 8, 2009
255 posts
240 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Not in a time crunch, waiting for this TV @ Black Friday...

Excited to upgrade from the RFD darling a few years back... the 55" X900E.

Nice to start monitoring the price though!
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
39 posts
55 upvotes
JCYC5 wrote: Not in a time crunch, waiting for this TV @ Black Friday...

Excited to upgrade from the RFD darling a few years back... the 55" X900E.

Nice to start monitoring the price though!
I will be keeping a loose eye on it on Black Friday as well. Given its being promoted as a "Ready for Playstation 5" TV by Sony I can see it going on sale again around the launch of the PS5 or Black Friday for sure.
Apr 15, 2003
394 posts
33 upvotes
droopytrash wrote: Is this better than a Samsung QLED?
I was looking at the samsung Q70 and few RFD members recommended this sony as it has Dolby Vision and will be firmware upgraded soon to have variable refresh and HDMI 2.1
Last edited by sandals99 on Oct 2nd, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 14, 2019
25 posts
5 upvotes
What's the speculation on the price going further down or on sale @ Black Friday? This looks like the lowest price
Apr 15, 2003
394 posts
33 upvotes
If you buy it now from Costco, can you get a price adjustment or would you have to return it within the 90 day window? I'm not in a rush but thought while there is inventory to buy it. I'm not going to connect until the new xbox arrives.
Last edited by sandals99 on Oct 2nd, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
39 posts
55 upvotes
droopytrash wrote: Is this better than a Samsung QLED?
Depends on the model of Samsung. Based on all my research, the Samsung Q70T is the one that is in the same price range and the Sony TV tends to be rated better by most reviewers from a picture quality, black levels and gaming features perspective. The closest TV from Samsung for comparison purposes seems to be the Q80T which is roughly 500-700$ more depending on where you find it.
Dec 2, 2007
440 posts
204 upvotes
The built in Android TV on these is REALLY good. This is coming from a SHIELD owner since 2015. I set one up a while back and was very happy with the performance for streaming / IPTV apps.
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
39 posts
55 upvotes
13lies wrote: What's the speculation on the price going further down or on sale @ Black Friday? This looks like the lowest price
This TV originally had a MRSP of 1999.99$ then was reduced to 1699.99$ and that became the standard price for it although some retailers were marketing this price as a sales price (ie. 300$ off) versus the new standard price. With the launch of the PS5 and it being marketed as a "Ready for Playstation 5" TV it seems likely or at least highly probable it will go on sale again around Black Friday. Now whether it's 100$ off or more is an entirely different question. This is all speculation at this point.
Jul 29, 2020
26 posts
218 upvotes
Majam80 wrote: Depends on the model of Samsung. Based on all my research, the Samsung Q70T is the one that is in the same price range and the Sony TV tends to be rated better by most reviewers from a picture quality, black levels and gaming features perspective. The closest TV from Samsung for comparison purposes seems to be the Q80T which is roughly 500-700$ more depending on where you find it.
I was looking at the Q70T from costco which was on discount but thats over now. This sony is the same price at costo.
Sep 8, 2010
432 posts
253 upvotes
Ottawa
sandals99 wrote: If you buy it now from Costco, can you get a price adjustment or would you have to return it within the 90 day window? I'm not in a rush but thought while there is inventory to buy it. I'm not going to connect until the new xbox arrives.
It’s 30 days price adjustment and 90 days return.

I bought this tv at Costco during the 200$ gift card with 2000$ purchase 2 weeks ago. I asked for a price adjust now.
I like that tv a lot so far. Very good image quality and will be 4K 120hz with an upcoming downloadable update. Right now it’s 4K 60Hz.
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
39 posts
55 upvotes
sandals99 wrote: If you buy it now from Costco, can you get a price adjustment or would you have to return it within the 90 day window? I'm not in a rush but thought while there is inventory to buy it. I'm not going to connect until the new xbox arrives.
Based on everything I have read on RFD you can attempt a price adjustment within the 90 day window and it may work as CostCo realize that not providing this price adjustment will lead someone to return the TV and get a new one for the lower price which ultimately is a bigger headache for them. It really depends on your CostCo and who is serving you at the time.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

darkesha