Hot Deals

Best Buy

Sony A80J 55" $1999 / 65" $2599 / 77" $3999 (Costco, BestBuy, Visions, and others) Ends Dec. 9

[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 22, 2021
113 posts
237 upvotes

[Best Buy] Sony A80J 55" $1999 / 65" $2599 / 77" $3999 (Costco, BestBuy, Visions, and others) Ends Dec. 9

The Black Friday pricing is still available on the 77" until Dec. 9th.

The 55" and 65" no longer have Black Friday pricing and are now $200 more expensive.

Due to Costco being OOS most of the time I have changed the retailer to BestBuy for this thread.

If you're looking for stock in at at Costco warehouse the item numbers are:

55" - 9291855
65" - 9291865
77" - 9291877

Below are links to all participating retailers:

Costco

55" - OOS
65" - OOS
77" - OOS

BestBuy

55"
65"
77"

Amazon

55"
65"
77"

Visions

55"
65"
77"

London Drugs

55"
65"
77"

Leons

55"
65"
77"

Teletime

55"
65"
77"

Comparison with the LG C1:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... shold=0.10

Last edited by Bitoshi on Dec 3rd, 2021 11:27 am, edited 26 times in total.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best 4K HDR smart TVs!
142 replies
Newbie
Oct 20, 2021
16 posts
1 upvote
I already ordered a 77" from Costco for $4300. Will they price correct?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 22, 2021
113 posts
237 upvotes
rzdh56 wrote: I already ordered a 77" from Costco for $4300. Will they price correct?

If Costco matches the $3999 price I'm sure they will.

If you bought it online I'd make sure to do it on Nov. 26th just in case they have the "Spend $3000 online, get a $350 online voucher" promo like they had last year which you might be able to match as well.
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2017
589 posts
275 upvotes
I just realized the 55' disappeared from the costco website. I bought it a few weeks ago and was hoping it would go on sale so that I could price adjust.
Newbie
Apr 10, 2007
14 posts
8 upvotes
vancouver
bubaglobalj wrote: I just realized the 55' disappeared from the costco website. I bought it a few weeks ago and was hoping it would go on sale so that I could price adjust.
Oh man, this was the price drop I was waiting for at Costco
Member
Dec 8, 2008
273 posts
51 upvotes
Thanks OP. I bought a 65 " A80J from BestBuy last week assuming that the price would come down on BF.

Am assuming that BB will now match LD, so appreciate the post! Was starting to panic trying to figure out how I was going to return this beast.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2587 posts
1088 upvotes
North York
Wow these are baller tvs
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
7464 posts
6388 upvotes
quazy wrote: Wow these are baller tvs
All OLEDs are great IF you have a dark room. The are not bright enough to have it in a room that has sunlight.

This price is inline with LG C1. But true ballers get Sony A90J and LG G1.
Sr. Member
Jun 4, 2012
922 posts
454 upvotes
Calgary
Xtrema wrote: All OLEDs are great IF you have a dark room. The are not bright enough to have it in a room that has sunlight.

This price is inline with LG C1. But true ballers get Sony A90J and LG G1.
Honestly, I have had OLED tv's in my family room for years and I don't have any issues with brightness in that sunny room. I could see direct sunlight on the screen maybe being an issue but if that's the case, invest in window coverings.
Newbie
Oct 8, 2018
20 posts
10 upvotes
As my LG C1 bought from Costco is stuck in Quebec... How's London Drugs' warranty?
Newbie
Jan 2, 2016
85 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
that is a great price for the 65inch A80j.
for reference, best buy employees discount brings it down to 2270 before tax.
so killer deal for this tv
Last edited by BikramjeetSGarcha on Nov 23rd, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
2799 posts
925 upvotes
Lévis
BikramjeetSGarcha wrote: that is a great price for the 65inch A90j.
for reference, best buy employees discount brings it down to 2270 before tax.
so killer deal for this tv
You mean a80j?
Pourquoi pas?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2011
111 posts
60 upvotes
Just bought the A80J at Costco today. Waiting for price adjustment on Friday. Now I have no idea if I need new HDMI cables. I have a ht-z9f sound bar using the cable that came with it probably a 2.0 but it has eARC do I need a 2.1 hdmi cable to connect this two? I also have a 25Ft cable that connect my current tv to my Rogers ignite box it is probably a 1.4 version.
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2017
589 posts
275 upvotes
guallox wrote: Just bought the A80J at Costco today. Waiting for price adjustment on Friday. Now I have no idea if I need new HDMI cables. I have a ht-z9f sound bar using the cable that came with it probably a 2.0 but it has eARC do I need a 2.1 hdmi cable to connect this two? I also have a 25Ft cable that connect my current tv to my Rogers ignite box it is probably a 1.4 version.
How confident are you that the price will fall on Friday?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2011
111 posts
60 upvotes
bubaglobalj wrote: How confident are you that the price will fall on Friday?
I am 99.99% sure the price will be $2389 by Friday. But it will be sold out by the time I make it to the store. So I bought it ahead of time.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1840 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
guallox wrote: I am 99.99% sure the price will be $2389 by Friday. But it will be sold out by the time I make it to the store. So I bought it ahead of time.
If everyone purchases this TV ahead of time, and the store is sold out before it goes on sale, how can everyone get a price adjustment on a TV that no one can purchase at that price?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2011
111 posts
60 upvotes
GYR8 wrote: If everyone purchases this TV ahead of time, and the store is sold out before it goes on sale, how can everyone get a price adjustment on a TV that no one can purchase at that price?
TV does not need to be in Stock in order to price adjust. It just needs to drop in price within 30 Days after purchase. There will be stock on Black Friday for those who line up at 4 am in the morning (Not me). My closest Costco is 40 Mins away.

Most people don't follow redflagdeals like us, and don't even know how much a TV is right now. As soon as Black Friday or Boxing day comes, they will buy whatever shows a big discount on the Flyer. Leons and London Drug already have this TV on the flyer for $2399 starting as of Tomorrow. This TV will be the on all flyers showing $900 off and will sell out. Specially at Costo and their $99 warranty.
Newbie
Oct 8, 2018
20 posts
10 upvotes
Does anybody know how much the warranty at London Drugs would cost? And how does it compare to Costco's? Thanks

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

sanya016