Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Sony A80J 55" $1999 / 65" $2599 / 77" $3999 (Costco, BestBuy, Visions, and others) - Expired

Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1417 posts
205 upvotes
In visions bf flyer,the sony 77 a80j is 3999 including a klipsch 2.1 soundbar
Dec 3, 2009
824 posts
464 upvotes
Vancouver
guallox wrote: TV does not need to be in Stock in order to price adjust. It just needs to drop in price within 30 Days after purchase. There will be stock on Black Friday for those who line up at 4 am in the morning (Not me). My closest Costco is 40 Mins away.

Most people don't follow redflagdeals like us, and don't even know how much a TV is right now. As soon as Black Friday or Boxing day comes, they will buy whatever shows a big discount on the Flyer. Leons and London Drug already have this TV on the flyer for $2399 starting as of Tomorrow. This TV will be the on all flyers showing $900 off and will sell out. Specially at Costo and their $99 warranty.
Costco won't price adjust in store if the store you're at has no stock.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
wodraeve wrote: Does anybody know how much the warranty at London Drugs would cost? And how does it compare to Costco's? Thanks
I believe these are the plans they offer? It seems to be $200 for an additional 1 year of warranty or $400 for 2 years on a $2000-$3000 tv which seem extremely expensive compared to Costco.

If you're an LD extras member they'll occasionally offer you 1 year of additional warranty for free so I'd probably just stick with that if I were getting it from LD.

According to the description, it sounds like they won't even cover the full cost you pay for the tv if you need it repaired:

What is Covered:

In the event of product failure during normal usage, we will provide labour and repair or replace parts as necessary to maintain the product in operating condition during the term of this Plan. It shall be at our option whether parts will be replaced or repaired. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to pay you the actual cash value of the product, rather than repair it, in the form of a London Drugs store credit. In any event, our limit of liability under a Repair Option contract is the actual cash value of the product in operating condition at the time of the claim. We determine actual cash value based on factors such as the cost of replacement less any depreciation. Depreciation is assessed based on the condition of the product immediately before the damage occurred and the normal product life expectancy.

However, their replacement option does seem to cover the full value:

What is Covered:

We will replace the product if the product is found to be defective during normal usage. This is a one-time replacement only. In the event the specific product make or model is no longer available, we may at our option provide you with a substitute product of equivalent or greater functionality, quality and value. We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to pay you the value of the product at the time of purchase, rather than replace, in the form of a London Drugs store credit. In any event, our limit of liability under a Replacement Option contract is the value of the product at the time of purchase. Once the product has been replaced or value of the product refunded, your Plan and this contract is terminated.

Overall it's pretty vague and it doesn't mention whether or not burn-in is considered a defect and they won't cover anything that's considered "misue" according to the manufacturer. I'd much rather get the Costco warranty (since it seems just as good for much less) or even Bestbuy's warranty (since it covers burn-in) myself.
Jun 14, 2017
58 posts
45 upvotes
i'm gonna wait on oled. I think the heatsink is going show up on the lower end models next year.
Aug 20, 2011
129 posts
118 upvotes
pentiumvi wrote: Costco won't price adjust in store if the store you're at has no stock.
Yes they will. As long as it is on their computer system that they sold it. It is like I return it and rebuy it right away.
Aug 20, 2011
129 posts
118 upvotes
Watched my first movie yesterday. I could not believe it. This TV is stunning, I could not pay attention to the movie because of the amazing picture quality. The display at the store did not make it justice. I am so glad I bought this TV over the X90J.

I also have the HT-Z9F sound bar, the movie had Atmos and it was incredible. I already had this bar connected to my old 2011 Sony Tv and the sound that comes out with the rear speakers feels like you are inside the movie.
Dec 3, 2009
824 posts
464 upvotes
Vancouver
guallox wrote: Yes they will. As long as it is on their computer system that they sold it. It is like I return it and rebuy it right away.
Ok, maybe it's store specific, if you've personally had success doing this.

The few Costco locations here in GVR that I've shopped at before will not price adjust if they no longer have stock, based on personal experience.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
The sale prices are live at Leon's right now. this could make for a nice price match / price beat opportunity at Visions or Bestbuy since they still have the older prices.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
If you want to secure a 77" A80j from Costco.ca, it might be a good idea to do it soon since the Black Friday promotion is live now:

https://www.costco.ca/spend-save-promotion.html

EDIT 1: the 77" is now OOS.

EDIT 2: Costco restocked 95 more 77" A80J's. I guess there are no worries of it going OOS now.
Last edited by Bitoshi on Nov 25th, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aug 20, 2011
129 posts
118 upvotes
pentiumvi wrote: Ok, maybe it's store specific, if you've personally had success doing this.

The few Costco locations here in GVR that I've shopped at before will not price adjust if they no longer have stock, based on personal experience.
That is when you tell them. Ok I will return it and now that you have 1 in stock Ill buy it back but I want an additional discount being that I am buying an Open Item. Face With Tears Of Joy j/k
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
These prices are now available at BestBuy.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
Amazon (77" only?) and Visions just updated their prices. The only one left now if Costco....
Nov 25, 2021
25 posts
19 upvotes
Just pulled the trigger on a 65” model. They also have a promo code (BF350) for basically 10% off orders over $3,000. If the Sonos Arc was in stock, that would have been perfect… instead I had to buy a whole bunch of groceries to get my total from $2400 to $3000.

I was seriously considering purchasing the $1,200 dollar Parmesan cheese wheel for a second there.
Nov 25, 2021
25 posts
19 upvotes
Hailzter wrote: Is this worth $100 more than the C1?
It just depends on your usage. From my research, the A80J has better picture quality but lacks the gaming features of the C1. If you plan on gaming, the C1 will definitely be the better choice.
Last edited by RationalSpender on Nov 26th, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 14, 2017
58 posts
45 upvotes
Hailzter wrote: Is this worth $100 more than the C1?
If you're mainly a movie watcher, I'd say yes.
If you're a gamer, probably not no.

Sony has far better color accuracy right out the box, gets brighter, handles motion/upscaling and shadow detail far better.

However, if you watch a lot of TV with static logos, the Sony anti-burn in tends to noticeably dim the entire image, while the LG simply dims the image around the logos.

While the C1 does all the VRR/120hz better.

The Sony only has 2 HDMI 2.1 ports, but can pass through DTS through eARc properly. The C1 does not passthrough any DTS content.

Costco also has the spend 3000$ get 350$ online voucher promo.
Apr 19, 2009
304 posts
208 upvotes
Does anyone know the Cotsco in-store price of the 65" ?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3063 posts
1100 upvotes
Lévis
If I bough instore this week, can I get price adjustment without having to go to the store again? If not, how long I have for the refund (30 days I think)?
thnaks
Pourquoi pas?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)