Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Sony A80J 55" $1999 / 65" $2599 / 77" $3999 (Costco, BestBuy, Visions, and others) - Expired

Dec 8, 2017
608 posts
282 upvotes
I bought the 55' version of this TV less than 30 days ago while it was in stock. Just called in and got the $200 price adjustment. Glad I made the right decision and it all worked out. Thanks to those of you who suggested this approach!
Apr 19, 2009
304 posts
208 upvotes
Bit the bullet... will return the LG C1 for this.
Nov 10, 2010
255 posts
78 upvotes
So I'm pretty pumped now. I bought the 77" A80J November 14th, delivered last week Nov 20th. I called Costco CS and they adjusted the new price from $4298 down to $3998 since the price dropped online today, so got $300 back on my credit card, Then they processed the voucher for "spend $3000 get $350 voucher". Went smooth as silk and saved an additional $650 off original price. So I got this TV effectively for $3648. That's an awesome deal for this TV.Smiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
snoshy wrote: 65" OOS at Costco already
Maybe they restocked? it shows 68 left on my end.
Oct 8, 2018
23 posts
12 upvotes
Bitoshi wrote: Maybe they restocked? it shows 68 left on my end.
Probably newbie-question... Where do you see the stock?
Is there a way to figure out in-store stock?

I got unlucky with my C1 getting shipped from across the country, getting stuck because of the BC-road troubles, so I'd prefer to pick it up in store now
Nov 10, 2010
255 posts
78 upvotes
wodraeve wrote: Probably newbie-question... Where do you see the stock?

I got unlucky with my C1 getting shipped from across the country, getting stuck because of the BC-road troubles, so I'd prefer to pick it up in store now
I saw maybe 6-8 in Ancaster at 10 am this morning -65"
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
wodraeve wrote: Probably newbie-question... Where do you see the stock?

To check online stock you go to the item page and attempt to add 999 of the item to your cart and it will tell you “sorry we only have XX in stock” where XX is the amount of stock they have.

To find in store stock you need to call the warehouse with the item number, which is found on the website or the main post of this thread.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2812 posts
15902 upvotes
Mississauga
Bitoshi wrote: To check online stock you go to the item page and attempt to add 999 of the item to your cart and it will tell you “sorry we only have XX in stock” where XX is the amount of stock they have.

To find in store stock you need to call the warehouse with the item number, which is found on the website or the main post of this thread.
What if the page was pulled entirely, like the 55" model? Does that typically mean it's gone for good, versus the page still being there with an "out of stock" message?
Mar 1, 2019
14 posts
2 upvotes
Costco does this sometimes but I've seen it come back. They did the same thing for the 77" C1 a few times
Nov 25, 2021
25 posts
19 upvotes
need2save wrote: What if the page was pulled entirely, like the 55" model? Does that typically mean it's gone for good, versus the page still being there with an "out of stock" message?
FWIW, Costco took down the page for the 65” A80J for 1-2 days this week, then it came back but showed an OOS image for 2-3 days, then miraculously last night it came back in stock. Who knows what kind of games our wholeseller overlords are playing Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 25, 2019
21 posts
47 upvotes
South Simcoe
I really want to buy this TV (XR-65A80J) but having moved to Canada from Germany I was curious to see what this TV goes for in the German Black Friday Deals. Turns out it's 1499€ (and that includes 19% VAT) at Saturn (Germany's Best Buy), so 1259.66€ (CAD 1,787.97) before Taxes. Also Germany has a mandatory 2 year warranty on new things.
Just goes to show how much of a ripoff living in Canada really is ;-)
Oct 8, 2018
23 posts
12 upvotes
felixka wrote: I really want to buy this TV (XR-65A80J) but having moved to Canada from Germany I was curious to see what this TV goes for in the German Black Friday Deals. Turns out it's 1499€ (and that includes 19% VAT) at Saturn (Germany's Best Buy), so 1259.66€ (CAD 1,787.97) before Taxes. Also Germany has a mandatory 2 year warranty on new things.
Just goes to show how much of a ripoff living in Canada really is ;-)
yet you moved here?
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
need2save wrote: What if the page was pulled entirely, like the 55" model? Does that typically mean it's gone for good, versus the page still being there with an "out of stock" message?
Usually stock comes and goes several times a week. If the page is still there but says OOS it means it's available online but not for your region/postal code. I'll try and update it as much as I can on this thread. The item number for the 55" is 9291855.
Sep 27, 2010
142 posts
34 upvotes
A80J "77 is a steal at $3650 after voucher. Bought online and returning my 77" C1 when it comes in.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2812 posts
15902 upvotes
Mississauga
Kiyi288 wrote: Costco does this sometimes but I've seen it come back. They did the same thing for the 77" C1 a few times
RationalSpender wrote: FWIW, Costco took down the page for the 65” A80J for 1-2 days this week, then it came back but showed an OOS image for 2-3 days, then miraculously last night it came back in stock. Who knows what kind of games our wholeseller overlords are playing Face With Tears Of Joy
Bitoshi wrote: Usually stock comes and goes several times a week. If the page is still there but says OOS it means it's available online but not for your region/postal code. I'll try and update it as much as I can on this thread. The item number for the 55" is 9291855.
Thanks all. I'll take it on faith that my procrastinating last night and early this morning (when I saw the Add to Cart button multiple times, in stock and at the sale price) is not a sign I missed out, but just Costco's way of teaching me a lesson before they fully restock. :D

I can still get it at Best Buy or other places around here, I just want the usual Costco protections... and still hope I can find something to top up for the BF credit. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2812 posts
15902 upvotes
Mississauga
And to follow up... The TV came back and I ordered it. I actually still had the "Product not found!" tab still open on my browser, and hit refresh. Wasn't sure it would even be the same URL if it did come back, but there it was, unexpectedly!

Just to check... For an $1,800 TV, the $18.xx eco fee is normal for Ontario? Not some arbitrary amount Costco tacked on that, say, BB wouldn't have?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3063 posts
1100 upvotes
Lévis
Does that thing need a 2.1 HDMi cable or I just keep my "old" cable?

Also, there's a good APC power bar in special at Costco.
Pourquoi pas?
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
need2save wrote: And to follow up... The TV came back and I ordered it. I actually still had the "Product not found!" tab still open on my browser, and hit refresh. Wasn't sure it would even be the same URL if it did come back, but there it was, unexpectedly!

Just to check... For an $1,800 TV, the $18.xx eco fee is normal for Ontario? Not some arbitrary amount Costco tacked on that, say, BB wouldn't have?

Congrats! I guessing it must have been someone cancelling their order. I know in AB we get a $6.00 eco fee added to any TV purchase regardless of where you buy it.

SPARTACVS wrote: Does that thing need a 2.1 HDMi cable or I just keep my "old" cable?

Also, there's a good APC power bar in special at Costco.

HDMI 2.1 ports are backwards compatible with any HDMI cable, so the cables you already have should work.

You only require an HDMI 2.1 cable for output signals that have a bandwidth exceeding 18 GBps (HDMI 2.0) such as 4K 120Hz HDR.
Dec 10, 2012
514 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver
Grabbed a 65" at Visions for $2287

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)