Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Sony A80J 55" $1999 / 65" $2599 / 77" $3999 (Costco, BestBuy, Visions, and others) - Expired

Feb 2, 2009
131 posts
5 upvotes
1V4N wrote: If anyone is looking for low profile TV mount, this is what I ordered from Costco and was delivered yesterday (and installing later today). It's presently $149.99+tx shipped.

Here is a pic of the product from manufacturers site:
AVF FL601LTW-T: Against the wall Standing TV Mount – White

This is for those who don't want to buy a new entertainment stand, nor cut into existing wall, or want to keep existing audio/video gear as-is. I purchased this to place my new TV in front of wall for watching sports/media, when I don't want/need to use the projector (for movies, concerts, etc.).

• low-profile
  • no wall-mount necessary
  • built-in cable management
  • tilt adjustability
  • quick and simple assembly and mount

Manufacturers link:
https://avfgroup.com/us/product/fl601lt ... unt-white/

Initial impressions: very high quality, thick gauge steel (very heavy & sturdy) with a nice matte white finish.

So far its much sturdier than I anticipated once I opened up packaging and put it together in-person -- I can see how well built this is. The pictures on the net don't quite tell the whole story, until you have it built and see how it works and how sturdy it is without worrying how it can support a TV propped up against the wall LOL
Thanks for the info. What size tv are you using and would it work with an lg oled with the way the tv back is designed?
Dec 16, 2017
6 posts
3bdullahibra wrote: Are you in Toronto? I can’t wait till it delivers!
Where are you, and when did you order? I managed to get one of the last 77s in Vancouver 1st thing on Sunday AM - and still nothing… Thinking Face
Dec 12, 2018
56 posts
70 upvotes
MonsterDuckMadness wrote: Where are you, and when did you order? I managed to get one of the last 77s in Vancouver 1st thing on Sunday AM - and still nothing… Thinking Face
I’m in Toronto. I ordered the 65” on November 26th at around 11pm EST. Still nothing Confused Face
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
3bdullahibra wrote: I’m in Toronto. I ordered the 65” on November 26th at around 11pm EST. Still nothing Confused Face
That's weird, I'm in AB and I ordered a 55" on the 26th and it "shipped" on the 27th (I had to select a delivery date of Dec. 9th).
Jun 8, 2006
389 posts
46 upvotes
Costco TV shipping sounds super delayed (to Toronto at least). I called in and the earliest they could offer was Jan 4th... I asked them to look for earlier and managed to get a slot next Friday, but she sounded surprised to see it. I suspect the TV's are being offloaded in Vancouver and the floods are causing a big backlog.
Dec 12, 2018
56 posts
70 upvotes
Bitoshi wrote: That's weird, I'm in AB and I ordered a 55" on the 26th and it "shipped" on the 27th (I had to select a delivery date of Dec. 9th).
Ahh man. I’ll give them a call and see what’s happening. Anyone else get a confirmation for the 65” in Toronto?
Sep 2, 2019
80 posts
167 upvotes
3bdullahibra wrote: Ahh man. I’ll give them a call and see what’s happening. Anyone else get a confirmation for the 65” in Toronto?
I ordered on Nov 30 and have scheduled delivery for December 8.
Dec 12, 2018
56 posts
70 upvotes
Hailzter wrote: I ordered on Nov 30 and have scheduled delivery for December 8.
Costco hates me ☹️ That’s for the 65” right?
Dec 16, 2017
6 posts
soconnell74 wrote: Costco TV shipping sounds super delayed (to Toronto at least). I called in and the earliest they could offer was Jan 4th... I asked them to look for earlier and managed to get a slot next Friday, but she sounded surprised to see it. I suspect the TV's are being offloaded in Vancouver and the floods are causing a big backlog.
I dunno, dude. I’m in Vancouver and haven’t heard diddly. And it sounds like there are folks in Toronto who ordered a couple of days after me, who have delivery dates. So it doesn’t feel like the delay is here. I talked to a Sony rep about a week and a half ago; and he was complaining bitterly about “supply chain,” generally. I think those of us who got 77s at all, should probably consider ourselves quite lucky.
Aug 20, 2011
129 posts
118 upvotes
Anyone regretting the A80J purchase and thinking they should have gone with the X90J instead?
Nov 25, 2021
25 posts
19 upvotes
guallox wrote: Anyone regretting the A80J purchase and thinking they should have gone with the X90J instead?
I prefer quality over quantity :)
Jul 23, 2002
159 posts
54 upvotes
anyone in Vancouver have a shipping date yet?

I ordered Sunday Nov 28 in the morning and still no date - tried calling in and Costco rep said to wait at least 10 business days and if no confirmation then call back.

Hoping to get this TV delivered and setup before Christmas.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2347 posts
441 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
I ordered a 65” from Costco on November 26. No shipping to Toronto
Aug 30, 2007
166 posts
38 upvotes
Trust me. Costco will cover burn in because if my A80J suffers burn in, I can assure you, they will take it back.
Mar 28, 2012
40 posts
12 upvotes
NEW WESTMINSTER
I ordered my 65" A80J in Vancouver on Black Friday. I received my shipment confirmation yesterday and set a delivery date in Dec. 18, earliest available. They're rolling out, slowly.
Apr 11, 2011
356 posts
240 upvotes
Montreal
guallox wrote: Anyone regretting the A80J purchase and thinking they should have gone with the X90J instead?
I guess it depends, I got the a80j 77inch at costco for 4000-350$ promo code = 3650$ ...
vs 2000$ for the x90j 75inch
so difference is 1650$ ...
what would I do with 1650$ more in my bank account ?
probably nothing
would I take some time off ? not really

So I guess it depends on your financial situation and what you want to do with your time/money.
Looking at rtings comparison, I think that for most people, for the price difference, it's NOT worth going with the A80J,
especially if the TV is going to be used in a bright room and if you are afraid of burn-in.

Personally, it might have been a better idea to go with the X95J 85 inch for 5200$
I think the size increase would have been great for not so much more money
The A90J 85 inch is 9000$ ...
Jun 1, 2007
573 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
I imagine very few people are in this camp. With the right factors, you could, perhaps, be better off with the X90J. But OLED is one of those "once you go OLED you can't go back" type of things for, I would say, almost everyone who buys one.

I recommend trying them out from a place that has easy returns and deciding that way. You probably still have some time this year to do that dance.

All the best.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
The only reasons I could imagine that happening is if you get really annoyed with ABL, you can't stand the stutter that comes with OLED's instantons response time, or you're worried about burn-in.

I had an X950G for nearly two years before replacing it with this A80J. The A80J is vastly superior in terms of PQ imo, the only downside is that it's not as bright.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2347 posts
441 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
My local Costco warehouse carries A80J 65” in stock. No idea why online orders are delayed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)