Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Sony HTST5000 800-Watt 7.1.2 Channel Dolby Atmos Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer - $1499.99

[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
40 posts
87 upvotes
EDMONTON

[Best Buy] Sony HTST5000 800-Watt 7.1.2 Channel Dolby Atmos Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer - $1499.99

One of the best Sound bar out there with Dolby Atmos and 7.1 channel sound.
Limited sale for 1 day.
Costco also has it:
https://www.costco.ca/sony-ht-st5000-7. ... 64763.html

Amazon
https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-HTST5000-Cha ... B06ZYXH1ML

Visions:
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/3 ... u=HTST5000
31 replies
Mar 4, 2019
219 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
A bar will never give you 7.1.2, don't waste your money. With that budge I'd buy a home theater
Say NO to Racism!
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
40 posts
87 upvotes
EDMONTON
i have tested this with 4k 7.1 DAtmos sound and it does gives the experience. Plus has excellent reviews everywhere.
May 28, 2012
352 posts
341 upvotes
Montreal
OMG, now manufacturers are charging 1500 for a soundbar? Crazy!
Jun 7, 2017
473 posts
1979 upvotes
Ottawa
For 1499.99, I would like to get 7 KEFs and a receiver.
Mar 17, 2015
217 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
At this price i would want the bar to sing songs based on my mood :-)
Jun 2, 2007
430 posts
336 upvotes
Markham
Lol sometimes you can't find space to place 7 speakers so you get this instead. Otherwise I agree spend the money elsewhere
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Jul 23, 2010
533 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t get the sound bar hate. But this isn’t a deal. The best sound bar listed on rtings Samsung HW-Q90R from last year can be had for this price when on sale or even less when bundled with TV. Also newer 7.1.2 bars coming out like from LG. Future looks bright for sound bars.
Jun 9, 2019
356 posts
445 upvotes
psyh wrote: Lol sometimes you can't find space to place 7 speakers so you get this instead. Otherwise I agree spend the money elsewhere
Oh no, just you wait. The home theater crowd would rather whip out their pitchforks and torches before they consider other people don't have the same considerations to make.

Realistically I don't think anyone with a budget of 1500-2000 AND a sizeable living room is looking at that space and thinking, "you know what'd be great to fill up all of this space? A SOUNDBAR"

Give people some benefit of the doubt at this price point and maybe even some suggestions instead of crapping on a good deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2000 posts
389 upvotes
Waterloo
Oomani wrote: Oh no, just you wait. The home theater crowd would rather whip out their pitchforks and torches before they consider other people don't have the same considerations to make.

Realistically I don't think anyone with a budget of 1500-2000 AND a sizeable living room is looking at that space and thinking, "you know what'd be great to fill up all of this space? A SOUNDBAR"

Give people some benefit of the doubt at this price point and maybe even some suggestions instead of crapping on a good deal.
I've seen people trying to fill up a medium sized living rooms with a Sonos bar + subwoofer which ends up being around $1800-$1900.
Last edited by torontoraptor on Jul 22nd, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (2) | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | MSI Gaming X Radeon 5700XT | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450 | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer BlackWidow Elite | Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed |
Jun 9, 2019
356 posts
445 upvotes
torontoraptor wrote: I've seen people trying to fill up a medium sized living rooms with a Sonos bar + subwoofer which ends up being around $1800=$1900.
Sonos isn't a terrible choice though, at least the sound quality itself is good.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1844 posts
1523 upvotes
Waterloo
LG SL9YG was $700 with 2 rear satellite speakers last year back friday at London Drugs.

The rear speakers will help much more than additional front facing speakers.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2000 posts
389 upvotes
Waterloo
Oomani wrote: Sonos isn't a terrible choice though, at least the sound quality itself is good.
It's better than some alternatives but still overpriced IMO.
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (2) | AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | MSI Gaming X Radeon 5700XT | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450 | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer BlackWidow Elite | Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed |
Aug 1, 2016
291 posts
448 upvotes
Majority of soundbars are overpriced period. Even with a budget you're better off buying a good quality set of bookshelves or floor standing speakers which would blow sound bars out if the water.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2000 posts
389 upvotes
Waterloo
DannyH17 wrote: Majority of soundbars are overpriced period. Even with a budget you're better off buying a good quality set of bookshelves or floor standing speakers which would blow sound bars out if the water.
Soundbars are fine in certain situations. I don't want to set up a full system in my bedroom like I have in my living room, so a soundbar there works fine for me.

However, I personally wouldn't spend more than $400-$500 for a soundbar because it can never replicate the sound of an actual 5.1 or 7.1.2 setup.
May 26, 2016
116 posts
256 upvotes
I'm not saying no one should ever buy a sound bar but the value here is terrible. A traditional a system would destroy this at a fraction of the cost.
Feb 14, 2011
410 posts
253 upvotes
Canada
Tactical wrote: Don’t get the sound bar hate. But this isn’t a deal. The best sound bar listed on rtings Samsung HW-Q90R from last year can be had for this price when on sale or even less when bundled with TV. Also newer 7.1.2 bars coming out like from LG. Future looks bright for sound bars.
Just because RTINGS says so, doesn't make it so. But yes, there are some decent Soundbars out and coming. This one specifically, hard to justify the price, there's not even rears with it.
Sep 1, 2015
582 posts
749 upvotes
Never take Rtings completely as gospel. And always ignore the 'I'd rather eat an apple instead of this orange' guys who cannot fathom that space, visual aesthetics matter in a home as opposed to just sheer audio capability.

I liked this soundbar much more than the LG version. But I liked Samsungs Q90R I think it is called more than this. I also feel this was much richer and way better sounding than their midrange Sony Z9F soundbar with the 2 bookshelf etc.

Yes it is not true surround, not true 7.1 etc. But it is irrelevant. Not everyone wants/can get a receiver and speaker system. Especially in the age of smaller townhouses and condos and apartments. Every soundbar thread you see it.

People have different tastes and different budgets. If size mattered to me over everything, it doesn't matter that I can put that $1500 towards some Onkyo or Denon AV receiver and some Fyne, Elac, Dali, Klipsch floor speakers etc.

Edit: The Sony soundbar is impressive. However, at this price point, and to amplify the effects of Atmos and whatnot,it really should have come with two wireless bookshelf rears. I would probably even drop to the 5.1.2 soundbars with Atmos and rear bookshelf speakers instead of this.