• Mar 31st, 2022 12:12 pm
[OP]
Jul 30, 2020
72 posts
293 upvotes
Canada, Quebec

[Best Buy] Sony WF-1000XM4 Earbuds for $295

Hey guys

I managed to get Bestbuy to price match these earbuds from their $400 price to $295 as per the Swiftronics website.

In case Bestbuy asks about the delivery fee, there is a discount code as per the screenshot which kind of removes that fee. The Bestbuy representative did not ask me.

https://swiftronics.ca/products/sony-in ... headphones
Images
  • b.png
  • w.png
  • code.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 30th, 2022 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best wireless earbuds!
25 replies
Jul 28, 2021
53 posts
145 upvotes
Negative, Shot down on the grounds that it's not an authorized retailer.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8957 posts
16165 upvotes
Montreal
Regular priced $400 earbuds?!?

They should be called Sony WTF-1000XM4
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9142 posts
6333 upvotes
Toronto
yall think these will be any better than my $50 Anker buds from Amazon?
Jul 17, 2017
49 posts
114 upvotes
I have the Sony WF-1000XM3, and the noise cancellation compared to my Amazon brands is so much better. I think the only downside is you wouldn't want to workout with these as they're not waterproof and falls out easier than others.

But on the subway.. external noise is blocked out.
Apr 20, 2021
144 posts
169 upvotes
Amazing ANC. If that's the most important thing to you then buy without hesitation.

Sennheiser True Momentum 2 has way better sound quality though. ANC works very well for a constant noise like an airplane or subway, but is useless for something like street noise where the Sonys excel.
Sep 13, 2018
65 posts
42 upvotes
OP I was just about to post this! I managed to get this PMd at BB and used the code to avail of shipping
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2168 posts
825 upvotes
Scarborough
Yokokiki wrote: I have the Sony WF-1000XM3, and the noise cancellation compared to my Amazon brands is so much better. I think the only downside is you wouldn't want to workout with these as they're not waterproof and falls out easier than others.

But on the subway.. external noise is blocked out.
The WF XM4 has IPX4 so would be okay for working out.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Dec 8, 2020
70 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
supremekai wrote: The WF XM4 has IPX4 so would be okay for working out.
Regardless of IPX rating, they are way too bulky for a proper workout.
Mar 3, 2009
132 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
KimiRai wrote: Regardless of IPX rating, they are way too bulky for a proper workout.
I'd disagree. The XM4s are considerably less bulky than its predecessor and pretty comfortable to wear for longer periods of time.
Mar 12, 2017
3 posts
2 upvotes
I’ve been using the the XM4 for a few month. The ANC is awesome.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2578 posts
991 upvotes
LiverpoolBlueJays wrote: Is this better than AirPods Pro?
Sony's noise cancelling is much better than apple and the battery life is better, audio quality is very good and to my ear sounds of equal quality to the airpods pro but have more bass, and the sony app provides an equalizer for you to make adjustments to how you want them to sound. The take a picture of your ear feature to customize the sound did absolutely nothing for me listening to Tidal highest quality masters.

apple's integration with other apple devices is amazing but not for android, they sound slightly better but lack a bit on the low end compared to the sony's which might be a consequence of sony's included foam tips, I prefer the microphone on the apple, in the long term I imagine apple will support their devices longer and I think there are already third party refurb services.

Neither of them sound anywhere near as good as open backed headphones of similar or even lesser budget even with noise cancelling off so remember you're getting good earbuds but not the best sounding headset ever in life.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
1154 posts
577 upvotes
Sennheiser cx plus are also on sale for $169 at best buy .
"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked" - Warren Buffett -
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2447 posts
1159 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Sony has one of the best Noice Cancellation on the market.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2467 posts
819 upvotes
Toronto
LiverpoolBlueJays wrote: Is this better than AirPods Pro?
i have these and they're definitely the best ANC earbuds you can buy. audio quality is great too and you can make it much better with the app and setting a custom eq. theres a few reddit threads you can search up and they have the exact settings you can try out, the most popular one makes the sound quality even more amazing.
[OP]
Jul 30, 2020
72 posts
293 upvotes
Canada, Quebec
What do you mean shot down ? Bestbuy should be able to price match it.
I was able to at the live store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)