Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Sony X900H 65" 4K TV $1599.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 11:46 am
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 20, 2004
780 posts
114 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Anyone here bought this TV and the HT-ST5000 soundbar?

I think this is a pretty good deal. Just bought that soundbar and 65" X900H. It was a bit over $3k with taxes. Going to drop by my BB to pick it up next week.
Picked up the 75 inch and the soundbar - getting it shipped to my house for free
Amazing deal on both products
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1175 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
EveryLurker wrote: Picked up the 75 inch and the soundbar - getting it shipped to my house for free
Amazing deal on both products
Can you share the price?
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2003
131 posts
28 upvotes
iLoan4 wrote: Wow good for you. You are paying the price of a clearance X900F but for a brand new TV. How? Thought bestbuy $1600 is already quite good.
bought the 5 year warrant for $150 and made the guy apply the discount off the TV so I can recover $300+ if the unit suffers zero issues...
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2003
131 posts
28 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Anyone here bought this TV and the HT-ST5000 soundbar?

I think this is a pretty good deal. Just bought that soundbar and 65" X900H. It was a bit over $3k with taxes. Going to drop by my BB to pick it up next week.
that's a lot of money for a soundbar, I think I paid less than that for my entire Sonos DD 5.1 system
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
19956 posts
708 upvotes
Shanghai, China
deltaboy wrote: that's a lot of money for a soundbar, I think I paid less than that for my entire Sonos DD 5.1 system
The soundbar was about $1000 since I purchased it with a Sony TV. All high end soundbars are at that price range. I considered Sonos' latest soundbar, but it seems to support less formats than the Sony ST-5000. It also got good reviews. I don't care about the smart features since it seem gimicky to me.
Last edited by Sgt_Strider on Jul 25th, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
19956 posts
708 upvotes
Shanghai, China
EveryLurker wrote: Picked up the 75 inch and the soundbar - getting it shipped to my house for free
Amazing deal on both products
How did you get free shipping? I think I'll have to go back to BB because they may have miscalculated the discount. My receipt only showed the total price since they had to manually apply the discount since I did an in-store reservation.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it's still just sitting in a Day Ross warehouse in Calgary. Thinking Face I wonder if Costco will give me a gift card or discount for the late delivery? Gonna call Day Ross tomorrow I guess and se what's up.
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 20, 2004
780 posts
114 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: How did you get free shipping? I think I'll have to go back to BB because they may have miscalculated the discount. My receipt only showed the total price since they had to manually apply the discount since I did an in-store reservation.
I went in store to purchase the soundbar and the tv
The 75 inch was way too big for my car - I ended up asking the agent if he can ship it to my house instead
He said because I was actually going to buy something + since the store was closing soon - he would do it for free
I wasnt expecting that - but it was a nice perk on top of a great deal

Really happy about getting that soundbar at almost half off with the double promotions - amazing deal
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Moderator
User avatar
Aug 20, 2009
8106 posts
3047 upvotes
Grimsby
The 55" TCL we had in the basement gave it up after only 3 years, I guess you get what you pay for. We have an OLED upstairs as our main display so we just need something for secondary viewing and gaming. I looked at Hisense, Vizio and TCL but I don't want to deal with the shoddy QC, lack of support and other issues so I decided to go with this Sony X900H. The 65" was on sale for $1699 at BB but I talked the guy at Visions down to $1500 which seemed more than fair considering the features.

The SOC is super fast and responsive, Android TV flies on the thing. Only has 5GB of onboard storage but it does have a USB port for adopted storage. Otherwise its perfect for streaming services, Plex, Youtube, etc. The per input picture settings work very well and it switches automatically as expected. The remote is large but has everything you would expect including some customizable buttons. It is not backlit which is a bit of a bummer but I generally hover around the same 5-8 buttons so no big deal. The bezels are very thin but the TV is slightly chunky at the back. The TV stand is barebones and you cannot adjust the position of the legs but they did include cable management clips at least.

Picture quality itself is fantastic, I am shocked at how much these full array local dimming TVs have improved. Our OLED is 3-4 years old and this looks so close that its going to be hard to convince my partner to get another OLED in the future. Viewing angles are typical of a VA panel, it supports WCG, contrast is good, HDR peak brightness is solid and the out of the box calibration is very good. Gaming performance is great, low input lag with game mode as expected. It's a 120hz native refresh panel and a future firmware update is coming soon to enable VRR which is another reason I chose this over Hisense/etc. It supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, I tend to prefer the latter. It does not support HDR10+ but I don't think that matters in the slightest now or for the foreseeable future.

Oh and the HDMI-CEC stuff works perfectly on this with all of my devices, the TCL its replacing had constant issues with that stuff. I can finally retire the Harmony Smart Control.

Anyways super impressed with this set, gives my OLED a run for the money in some content.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
19956 posts
708 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Redmask wrote: The 55" TCL we had in the basement gave it up after only 3 years, I guess you get what you pay for. We have an OLED upstairs as our main display so we just need something for secondary viewing and gaming. I looked at Hisense, Vizio and TCL but I don't want to deal with the shoddy QC, lack of support and other issues so I decided to go with this Sony X900H. The 65" was on sale for $1699 at BB but I talked the guy at Visions down to $1500 which seemed more than fair considering the features.

The SOC is super fast and responsive, Android TV flies on the thing. Only has 5GB of onboard storage but it does have a USB port for adopted storage. Otherwise its perfect for streaming services, Plex, Youtube, etc. The per input picture settings work very well and it switches automatically as expected. The remote is large but has everything you would expect including some customizable buttons. It is not backlit which is a bit of a bummer but I generally hover around the same 5-8 buttons so no big deal. The bezels are very thin but the TV is slightly chunky at the back. The TV stand is barebones and you cannot adjust the position of the legs but they did include cable management clips at least.

Picture quality itself is fantastic, I am shocked at how much these full array local dimming TVs have improved. Our OLED is 3-4 years old and this looks so close that its going to be hard to convince my partner to get another OLED in the future. Viewing angles are typical of a VA panel, it supports WCG, contrast is good, HDR peak brightness is solid and the out of the box calibration is very good. Gaming performance is great, low input lag with game mode as expected. It's a 120hz native refresh panel and a future firmware update is coming soon to enable VRR which is another reason I chose this over Hisense/etc. It supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, I tend to prefer the latter. It does not support HDR10+ but I don't think that matters in the slightest now or for the foreseeable future.

Oh and the HDMI-CEC stuff works perfectly on this with all of my devices, the TCL its replacing had constant issues with that stuff. I can finally retire the Harmony Smart Control.

Anyways super impressed with this set, gives my OLED a run for the money in some content.
So glad I picked up the 65" X900H as well. Perfect timing with the NHL and NBA seasons resuming.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
2004 posts
921 upvotes
Redmask wrote: The 55" TCL we had in the basement gave it up after only 3 years, I guess you get what you pay for. We have an OLED upstairs as our main display so we just need something for secondary viewing and gaming. I looked at Hisense, Vizio and TCL but I don't want to deal with the shoddy QC, lack of support and other issues so I decided to go with this Sony X900H. The 65" was on sale for $1699 at BB but I talked the guy at Visions down to $1500 which seemed more than fair considering the features.

The SOC is super fast and responsive, Android TV flies on the thing. Only has 5GB of onboard storage but it does have a USB port for adopted storage. Otherwise its perfect for streaming services, Plex, Youtube, etc. The per input picture settings work very well and it switches automatically as expected. The remote is large but has everything you would expect including some customizable buttons. It is not backlit which is a bit of a bummer but I generally hover around the same 5-8 buttons so no big deal. The bezels are very thin but the TV is slightly chunky at the back. The TV stand is barebones and you cannot adjust the position of the legs but they did include cable management clips at least.

Picture quality itself is fantastic, I am shocked at how much these full array local dimming TVs have improved. Our OLED is 3-4 years old and this looks so close that its going to be hard to convince my partner to get another OLED in the future. Viewing angles are typical of a VA panel, it supports WCG, contrast is good, HDR peak brightness is solid and the out of the box calibration is very good. Gaming performance is great, low input lag with game mode as expected. It's a 120hz native refresh panel and a future firmware update is coming soon to enable VRR which is another reason I chose this over Hisense/etc. It supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, I tend to prefer the latter. It does not support HDR10+ but I don't think that matters in the slightest now or for the foreseeable future.

Oh and the HDMI-CEC stuff works perfectly on this with all of my devices, the TCL its replacing had constant issues with that stuff. I can finally retire the Harmony Smart Control.

Anyways super impressed with this set, gives my OLED a run for the money in some content.
Correct! I was soo confused between this vs 65”LG B9 .. went with B9 instead as it costed me $1450 +tax for a demo model which has all the features you mentioned minus the Android OS.. that was the only reason I went the OLED way .. or else definitely i would have put my money towards this
Jr. Member
Jul 20, 2012
106 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Mike71 wrote: Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it's still just sitting in a Day Ross warehouse in Calgary. Thinking Face I wonder if Costco will give me a gift card or discount for the late delivery? Gonna call Day Ross tomorrow I guess and se what's up.
Did you hear back? I’m in Toronto and mine is supposed to deliver tomorrow....so fingers crossed it actually happens.
Member
User avatar
Jan 12, 2011
202 posts
296 upvotes
deltaboy wrote: Just scored this at Visions for $1400
That is savage! Could you PM a receipt? I want to use it to try and negotiate with my local visions.
Newbie
Oct 31, 2019
48 posts
39 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: So glad I picked up the 65" X900H as well. Perfect timing with the NHL and NBA seasons resuming.
How is watching sports on it ?
That is one of the most important things for myself in order to pull the trigger on this panel.
How do you find it, comparable to any other panels in your household? Any noticable DSE or banding whilst watching nhl?
Thanks in advance!
Moderator
User avatar
Aug 20, 2009
8106 posts
3047 upvotes
Grimsby
VISHCITY wrote: How is watching sports on it ?
That is one of the most important things for myself in order to pull the trigger on this panel.
How do you find it, comparable to any other panels in your household? Any noticable DSE or banding whilst watching nhl?
Thanks in advance!
Arguably better than my OLED upstairs, Sony has the best motion processing in the business. I watched some archived NHL and NFL games to test it out the other night. No DSE or other issues to report.
Newbie
Aug 2, 2020
1 posts
deltaboy wrote: Just scored this at Visions for $1400
I too got the same deal from Visions at Pembina in Winnipeg. Was not in stock though. so I will get it in 2 weeks. but I am happy with the options they provided me to make up for the wait. Overall, great experience, would highly recommend Visions for pretty much any TV you want to get right now. I just hope that Sony delivers on the update promise.
Member
User avatar
Jun 29, 2006
305 posts
36 upvotes
Timbuktu
blahblahblackship wrote: I too got the same deal from Visions at Pembina in Winnipeg. Was not in stock though. so I will get it in 2 weeks. but I am happy with the options they provided me to make up for the wait. Overall, great experience, would highly recommend Visions for pretty much any TV you want to get right now. I just hope that Sony delivers on the update promise.
could u pls pm the receipt picture, i will give it a try :p
Newbie
Apr 26, 2018
46 posts
18 upvotes
I would appreciate if my fellow Canadians would stop buying this tv. It's never going to get a good markdown if people keep buying it. It's OOS basically everywhere at the moment. Chill, with the next gen prep. The new consoles won't be here for months!

*rant over*
Newbie
Mar 21, 2013
88 posts
82 upvotes
Edmonton
Looking at buying the 55" x900h. What's the consensus here (and realizing no one has a crystal ball), are we expecting this to possibly be even cheaper than $1299 for BF?
Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2019
378 posts
1073 upvotes
Markham
stevester911 wrote: Looking at buying the 55" x900h. What's the consensus here (and realizing no one has a crystal ball), are we expecting this to possibly be even cheaper than $1299 for BF?
If you’re still looking, an insider told me it will go on sale next week, lower than BF. His advice was buy it today and have it price protected for next week. If you choose to wait, you better be fast with clicks or be there Friday morning.

Top