Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Sony X900H 65" 4K TV $1599.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 11:46 am
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
1890 posts
876 upvotes
Redmask wrote: The 55" TCL we had in the basement gave it up after only 3 years, I guess you get what you pay for. We have an OLED upstairs as our main display so we just need something for secondary viewing and gaming. I looked at Hisense, Vizio and TCL but I don't want to deal with the shoddy QC, lack of support and other issues so I decided to go with this Sony X900H. The 65" was on sale for $1699 at BB but I talked the guy at Visions down to $1500 which seemed more than fair considering the features.

The SOC is super fast and responsive, Android TV flies on the thing. Only has 5GB of onboard storage but it does have a USB port for adopted storage. Otherwise its perfect for streaming services, Plex, Youtube, etc. The per input picture settings work very well and it switches automatically as expected. The remote is large but has everything you would expect including some customizable buttons. It is not backlit which is a bit of a bummer but I generally hover around the same 5-8 buttons so no big deal. The bezels are very thin but the TV is slightly chunky at the back. The TV stand is barebones and you cannot adjust the position of the legs but they did include cable management clips at least.

Picture quality itself is fantastic, I am shocked at how much these full array local dimming TVs have improved. Our OLED is 3-4 years old and this looks so close that its going to be hard to convince my partner to get another OLED in the future. Viewing angles are typical of a VA panel, it supports WCG, contrast is good, HDR peak brightness is solid and the out of the box calibration is very good. Gaming performance is great, low input lag with game mode as expected. It's a 120hz native refresh panel and a future firmware update is coming soon to enable VRR which is another reason I chose this over Hisense/etc. It supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, I tend to prefer the latter. It does not support HDR10+ but I don't think that matters in the slightest now or for the foreseeable future.

Oh and the HDMI-CEC stuff works perfectly on this with all of my devices, the TCL its replacing had constant issues with that stuff. I can finally retire the Harmony Smart Control.

Anyways super impressed with this set, gives my OLED a run for the money in some content.
Correct! I was soo confused between this vs 65”LG B9 .. went with B9 instead as it costed me $1450 +tax for a demo model which has all the features you mentioned minus the Android OS.. that was the only reason I went the OLED way .. or else definitely i would have put my money towards this
Newbie
Jul 20, 2012
91 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Mike71 wrote: Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it's still just sitting in a Day Ross warehouse in Calgary. Thinking Face I wonder if Costco will give me a gift card or discount for the late delivery? Gonna call Day Ross tomorrow I guess and se what's up.
Did you hear back? I’m in Toronto and mine is supposed to deliver tomorrow....so fingers crossed it actually happens.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 12, 2011
195 posts
247 upvotes
deltaboy wrote: Just scored this at Visions for $1400
That is savage! Could you PM a receipt? I want to use it to try and negotiate with my local visions.
Newbie
Oct 31, 2019
46 posts
38 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: So glad I picked up the 65" X900H as well. Perfect timing with the NHL and NBA seasons resuming.
How is watching sports on it ?
That is one of the most important things for myself in order to pull the trigger on this panel.
How do you find it, comparable to any other panels in your household? Any noticable DSE or banding whilst watching nhl?
Thanks in advance!
Moderator
User avatar
Aug 20, 2009
8007 posts
2936 upvotes
Grimsby
VISHCITY wrote: How is watching sports on it ?
That is one of the most important things for myself in order to pull the trigger on this panel.
How do you find it, comparable to any other panels in your household? Any noticable DSE or banding whilst watching nhl?
Thanks in advance!
Arguably better than my OLED upstairs, Sony has the best motion processing in the business. I watched some archived NHL and NFL games to test it out the other night. No DSE or other issues to report.
Newbie
Aug 2, 2020
1 posts
deltaboy wrote: Just scored this at Visions for $1400
I too got the same deal from Visions at Pembina in Winnipeg. Was not in stock though. so I will get it in 2 weeks. but I am happy with the options they provided me to make up for the wait. Overall, great experience, would highly recommend Visions for pretty much any TV you want to get right now. I just hope that Sony delivers on the update promise.
Member
User avatar
Jun 29, 2006
297 posts
35 upvotes
Timbuktu
blahblahblackship wrote: I too got the same deal from Visions at Pembina in Winnipeg. Was not in stock though. so I will get it in 2 weeks. but I am happy with the options they provided me to make up for the wait. Overall, great experience, would highly recommend Visions for pretty much any TV you want to get right now. I just hope that Sony delivers on the update promise.
could u pls pm the receipt picture, i will give it a try :p
Newbie
Apr 26, 2018
46 posts
18 upvotes
I would appreciate if my fellow Canadians would stop buying this tv. It's never going to get a good markdown if people keep buying it. It's OOS basically everywhere at the moment. Chill, with the next gen prep. The new consoles won't be here for months!

*rant over*
Newbie
Mar 21, 2013
70 posts
74 upvotes
Edmonton
Looking at buying the 55" x900h. What's the consensus here (and realizing no one has a crystal ball), are we expecting this to possibly be even cheaper than $1299 for BF?
Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2019
280 posts
930 upvotes
Markham
stevester911 wrote: Looking at buying the 55" x900h. What's the consensus here (and realizing no one has a crystal ball), are we expecting this to possibly be even cheaper than $1299 for BF?
If you’re still looking, an insider told me it will go on sale next week, lower than BF. His advice was buy it today and have it price protected for next week. If you choose to wait, you better be fast with clicks or be there Friday morning.
Newbie
Mar 21, 2013
70 posts
74 upvotes
Edmonton
Minimo07 wrote: If you’re still looking, an insider told me it will go on sale next week, lower than BF. His advice was buy it today and have it price protected for next week. If you choose to wait, you better be fast with clicks or be there Friday morning.
Interesting, thanks for the reply. I actually just ordered one from Costco.ca with the hopes of price matching a BF sale or returning/rebuying to get the sale price.

I see the current "sale" expires Oct 29, so I'm assuming this new pricing will take effect as early as Oct 30th? Did you happen to hear what the new price will be/whether Costco will have this sale?
Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2019
280 posts
930 upvotes
Markham
stevester911 wrote: Interesting, thanks for the reply. I actually just ordered one from Costco.ca with the hopes of price matching a BF sale or returning/rebuying to get the sale price.

I see the current "sale" expires Oct 29, so I'm assuming this new pricing will take effect as early as Oct 30th? Did you happen to hear what the new price will be/whether Costco will have this sale?
he didnt mention specifically, he was at BB btw
Member
May 12, 2009
340 posts
701 upvotes
Minimo07 wrote: he didnt mention specifically, he was at BB btw
Not very likely for a sale to happen only at Best Buy, or is it? All retailers usually run the same promotions, especially with a brand like Sony and a TV model like this.
Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2019
280 posts
930 upvotes
Markham
ya usually, im pretty sure it would apply to all retailers,
just that while i was chatting with him, he was only talking about BB, didnt ask/talk about Costco

Top