Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Spalding NBA Official Game Basketball - $129.99 ($50 off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 3:38 am
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Jan 10, 2015
34 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Best Buy] Spalding NBA Official Game Basketball - $129.99 ($50 off)

Regularly sells for $160-$180 depending on the retailer. Decent deal if you want the real thing.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2458 posts
1685 upvotes
Kitchener
Never knew BestBuy sold balls!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Sr. Member
Mar 26, 2007
524 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
NBA game ball sucks! It doesn't last long before it get slippy. Also it feel light in the hand. Nowaday, most players would pick Wilson over the Spalding. Spalding messed up with the TF-1000 long ago with the new material.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2014
2695 posts
1568 upvotes
Langley
sbobcat wrote: NBA game ball sucks! It doesn't last long before it get slippy. Also it feel light in the hand. Nowaday, most players would pick Wilson over the Spalding. Spalding messed up with the TF-1000 long ago with the new material.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
How can an NBA game ball suck?
I was going to get this, but i'm concerned now???
Member
Oct 11, 2016
432 posts
385 upvotes
jellytime wrote: How can an NBA game ball suck?
I was going to get this, but i'm concerned now???
Don't bother with Spalding, get a Wilson Evolution/CIS instead. It's a better ball in every possible way.
Newbie
Oct 29, 2016
43 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
jellytime wrote: How can an NBA game ball suck?
I was going to get this, but i'm concerned now???
It's got a short "amazing ball" lifespan, it's not so good after that. Wilson Evolution/CIS is a much better ball that will last you nearly forever.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2482 posts
321 upvotes
Durham Region
We use an official CIS ball in our weekly pickup league and it's fantastic! Highly recommended!
TDotCyclist wrote: It's got a short "amazing ball" lifespan, it's not so good after that. Wilson Evolution/CIS is a much better ball that will last you nearly forever.
Quitter
User avatar
Nov 22, 2012
163 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
jellytime wrote: How can an NBA game ball suck?
I was going to get this, but i'm concerned now???
It doesn't. It does take a lot of time to break in though. The first time I used a game new game ball, I was shocked and thought it sucked too. But I've also used one that's been worn in, and it's amazing.

There's lots of reviews that say the same thing. You've got to be patient with it. But once broken in, it'll be good for a long time. It is lighter than an evolution though, so it will feel a little different.

https://besthoopslab.com/spalding-nba-o ... ll-review/

I personally I have an evolution. Little to no break in time required. I don't play enough any more to justify a game ball.

But if you do, and can afford it, I'd say give it a shot.
Newbie
Sep 14, 2018
48 posts
17 upvotes
Wilson evolution all the way..... And it goes on sale for 40 bucks sometimes.
Member
Oct 18, 2007
389 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
This right here is best way to use the spalding. Plus only good for indoor use imo
excellent3 wrote: It doesn't. It does take a lot of time to break in though. The first time I used a game new game ball, I was shocked and thought it sucked too. But I've also used one that's been worn in, and it's amazing.

There's lots of reviews that say the same thing. You've got to be patient with it. But once broken in, it'll be good for a long time. It is lighter than an evolution though, so it will feel a little different.

https://besthoopslab.com/spalding-nba-o ... ll-review/

I personally I have an evolution. Little to no break in time required. I don't play enough any more to justify a game ball.

But if you do, and can afford it, I'd say give it a shot.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2002
3385 posts
1873 upvotes
Toronto
I partial to Baden (indoor) and Mikasa (outdoor) as alternatives...Haven’t looked at a Spaldiing ball in many years
Last edited by Fightguard on Apr 26th, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Jun 27, 2012
773 posts
1247 upvotes
$130 for a basketball...
2010-2020 Contest Winnings = $0
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2005
7272 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
Only get this ball if you're ready to go through a break in period of at least 1-3 months depending on how often you play. For the casual player that does not want to wait that long, I'd recommend the Wilson Pro Evolution.

Here's an article about how the NBA selects their basketballs: http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/2015/s ... nba-finals
There is a lengthy break in period that NBA game balls need to go through before used, they are never "brand new" balls.

But if your planning on collecting signatures on a basketball from stars, then this would be a good choice :)
Jr. Member
Jan 15, 2017
115 posts
46 upvotes
As others have said, get if collecting, but otherwise get a Wilson Evo. If you get lucky, Evos hit around $40. Otherwise they're typically sub $75.

Top