Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] [In Stock!] $999 Schwinn IC4 Smart Bike (Peloton Alternative)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 1:46 pm
Sep 26, 2015
570 posts
286 upvotes
smiddy16 wrote: I was in the same boat and ended up going for the Echelon at Walmart today. Main reasons I chose it are:
- It's available now (who knows when BB will have the ic4 again)
- The $300 price difference will allow me to buy a Wahoo cadence meter for ~$60 on amazon (if I want to have cadence on the Peloton app screen, but I think I will be fine with just watching it on my phone)
- Price difference will also allow me to get a cheap pair of 2/3 lb dumbbells and switch out the pedals to SPD if I decide the cage isn't for me
- Build quality seems pretty comparable
- The free class trial with Echelon will save me the cost of the Peloton classes for the trial period (I think the Echelon classes won't be as good as Peloton but I'll use them until the trial runs out)
Cadence sensor: $65
SPD pedals: ~$100? (for something half decent)

For a ~$150 price difference, the IC4 seems like a no brainer?

The echelon is also missing a heart rate sensor, which the IC4 has.

I would agree the echelon is good value. However, if in the end you're going to get SPD pedals, heart rate sensor, and a cadence sensor, it almost diminishes the price difference imo.
Mar 21, 2016
162 posts
124 upvotes
nagooro wrote: Cadence sensor: $65
SPD pedals: ~$100? (for something half decent)

For a ~$150 price difference, the IC4 seems like a no brainer?

The echelon is also missing a heart rate sensor, which the IC4 has.

I would agree the echelon is good value. However, if in the end you're going to get SPD pedals, heart rate sensor, and a cadence sensor, it almost diminishes the price difference imo.
Hahaha I ended up snagging a Schwinn on Friday, November 20th when BestBuy had them back in stock. I had the same logic as you after I saw them in stock at BB.
May 16, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
Just noticed that the Best Buy link says “Page not found”. Is that just because they don’t have any in stock or because they’re not selling it anymore?
Sep 26, 2015
570 posts
286 upvotes
omnicolour wrote: Just noticed that the Best Buy link says “Page not found”. Is that just because they don’t have any in stock or because they’re not selling it anymore?
They will typically remove the page when its out of stock. When its in stock, or about to be, the page will go up again. This is how they've done it several times its been in and out of stock so far.
May 16, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
Web page seems to be back up! Hopefully that means we’re closer to it being in stock again
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2139 posts
84 upvotes
Is it just me or is Peloton now $17 a month instead of $13?
How many of you have jumped ship to Apple Fitness as a result? (but you need to buy the Apple watch which is a downer for me.
Oct 24, 2010
153 posts
249 upvotes
Ladysmith
aokec wrote: Is it just me or is Peloton now $17 a month instead of $13?
How many of you have jumped ship to Apple Fitness as a result? (but you need to buy the Apple watch which is a downer for me.
The price increased for new members on Dec.1.
If you were already subscribed, you are grandfathered at the lower price.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2139 posts
84 upvotes
Darn it I bought my schwinn after dec 1:(
Mar 21, 2016
162 posts
124 upvotes
Trooper11 wrote: The price increased for new members on Dec.1.
If you were already subscribed, you are grandfathered at the lower price.
I signed up on November 24, 2020 and the price was $16.99 per month so it must have gone up before then.
Dec 18, 2020
9 posts
5 upvotes
It's back in stock but now it's $1199. They raised the price from $999.
Oct 24, 2010
153 posts
249 upvotes
Ladysmith
They uploaded today on Best Buy’s website.
The price is now $1199.99
Images
  • 7AC31CFE-6ADE-40F5-B0C5-290A147C8D92.png
Jan 8, 2021
2 posts
Dealhunter20 wrote: It's back in stock but now it's $1199. They raised the price from $999.
Did you see it back in stock or just that the page had come back? I've been watching it for about a month now and haven't seen it be in stock at all.
Dec 24, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Has anyone actually received word about the delivery dates? This is getting next level absurd.

They cancelled a previous Schwinn IC4 order of mine after waiting a week with Invalid Date.

I ordered again on January 6th. Despite them jacking up the price $200 and restocking WITHIN TWO DAYS of the cancellation.

I feel like a masochist at this point. Still showing Invalid Date. If they cancel on me a second time, maybe I’m the fool?
Oct 24, 2010
153 posts
249 upvotes
Ladysmith
Bluefire145 wrote: Has anyone actually received word about the delivery dates? This is getting next level absurd.

They cancelled a previous Schwinn IC4 order of mine after waiting a week with Invalid Date.

I ordered again on January 6th. Despite them jacking up the price $200 and restocking WITHIN TWO DAYS of the cancellation.

I feel like a masochist at this point. Still showing Invalid Date. If they cancel on me a second time, maybe I’m the fool?
I would definitely contact customer service and ask them to honour the price of your first order, since they cancelled it.
Jan 8, 2021
2 posts
Every time it pops up on the website it says that backorders will ship on the 21st, so hopefully that's true? I haven't managed to place an order but have been stalking their site.