Cadence sensor: $65smiddy16 wrote: ↑ I was in the same boat and ended up going for the Echelon at Walmart today. Main reasons I chose it are:
- It's available now (who knows when BB will have the ic4 again)
- The $300 price difference will allow me to buy a Wahoo cadence meter for ~$60 on amazon (if I want to have cadence on the Peloton app screen, but I think I will be fine with just watching it on my phone)
- Price difference will also allow me to get a cheap pair of 2/3 lb dumbbells and switch out the pedals to SPD if I decide the cage isn't for me
- Build quality seems pretty comparable
- The free class trial with Echelon will save me the cost of the Peloton classes for the trial period (I think the Echelon classes won't be as good as Peloton but I'll use them until the trial runs out)
SPD pedals: ~$100? (for something half decent)
For a ~$150 price difference, the IC4 seems like a no brainer?
The echelon is also missing a heart rate sensor, which the IC4 has.
I would agree the echelon is good value. However, if in the end you're going to get SPD pedals, heart rate sensor, and a cadence sensor, it almost diminishes the price difference imo.