Shopping Discussion

Best Buy stopped selling Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PS3?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2009 5:01 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2008
12 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Best Buy stopped selling Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PS3?

I pre-ordered Batman Arkham Asylum from BB during that $38.99 deal, and its sitting in my order history as "not shipped yet because it's out of stock". Ok, whatever, I guess it's that popular.

The next day I go to a local BB just to shop around, and I take a gander at their locked game cage to see what they have. I wasn't too surprised when I didn't see a single copy Batman AA for the PS3. But what really blew my mind was that there was a whole stack of copies for the 360. There must have been 50 copies in there. Ok, whatever, maybe the PS3 version is really popular (or the 360 version sucks :razz: )

So I go to their site and I can't find the PS3 version anywhere, wtf. Future Shop is sold out, but at least they list the game on there. What's the deal?

I searched the net and it seems that there was a shortage because of some Collector's Edition thing?
5 replies
Dec 11, 2006
222 posts
52 upvotes
Playstation network is free and xbox live costs 99 cents-50 dollars a year (depending on the deal you managed to find). Being the spend thrift type of people we are, most people will go for the cheapest solution to partake in multiplayer gaming. Besides getting a PS3 for metal gear solid, this was the second biggest reason for the purchase for me.

There - mystery solved! :D
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
513 upvotes
GVR
The PS3 version lets people play as the Joker for a few challenges, which is (at the moment) not on the 360, driving people with both systems to pick up the PS3 version.
Feb 22, 2006
844 posts
1 upvote
Wasn't it like this for SF4 as well? Where you couldn't find a ps3 copy anywhere but 360 versions were available all over the place?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7393 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
the answer is:
everyone mods their 360, so why buy this?
May 25, 2005
651 posts
179 upvotes
Stores will always get higher quantities of the 360 version since they have always sold better in the past than the PS3 counterpart. So not really a surprise you can still find it for 360 and not PS3.

And BB will continue to carry and sell the PS3 Batman it is just the overwhelming demand for the game at $40 caused everyone to pretty much sell out of even their warehouse stock.