Tales Of Berseria for $14.99 at bestbuy.ca
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5508 posts
2484 upvotes
Ancaster
wixzard wrote: OOS.
I wouldn't worry too much. If history is any indicator, this'll be a PS+ free game or fire sale soon.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2289 posts
1718 upvotes
I really should get around to playing this game, I own so many of the tales games that I buy on the cheap but never end up playing...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Apr 11, 2007
891 posts
781 upvotes
Oakville
LoANeal wrote: I really should get around to playing this game, I own so many of the tales games that I buy on the cheap but never end up playing...
You're not alone
Feb 4, 2015
480 posts
1359 upvotes
Calgary, AB
unshavenyak wrote: I wouldn't worry too much. If history is any indicator, this'll be a PS+ free game or fire sale soon.
What are you talking about? No Tales game has ever been a PS+ free title, so if history is any indicator it will NOT be a "free" title.

This is a fire sale price already. Tales of Zestiria, which is an older title, has never been under ~$25 on Amazon for example. It is ~$11.50 used, so $15 as a new physical copy is probably as low as you are going to find. Even electronically it has never been under $17.49.

Good news is that BestBuy sometimes will restock. In the past after the RFD OOS frenzy I'll check in every couple days and sometimes it'll be back in stock.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5508 posts
2484 upvotes
Ancaster
Verdic wrote: What are you talking about? No Tales game has ever been a PS+ free title, so if history is any indicator it will NOT be a "free" title.

This is a fire sale price already. Tales of Zestiria, which is an older title, has never been under ~$25 on Amazon for example. It is ~$11.50 used, so $15 as a new physical copy is probably as low as you are going to find. Even electronically it has never been under $17.49.

Good news is that BestBuy sometimes will restock. In the past after the RFD OOS frenzy I'll check in every couple days and sometimes it'll be back in stock.
My mistake, I was thinking of the Ys series. I am fairly sure that they have historically had large online sales of the Tales series.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6706 posts
6711 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yohung wrote: You're not alone
Same - it seems like we've got a club starting here. I just finished symphonia on the ps3
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Feb 27, 2011
238 posts
463 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: My mistake, I was thinking of the Ys series. I am fairly sure that they have historically had large online sales of the Tales series.
Ys has never been on PS+ either
Feb 22, 2018
4 posts
UPDATE:
For those who are interested in ToB, you can try your luck with Walmart. I went in yesterday (they had it for 24.96) and asked for a price match. Showed cashier the bestbuy website and they adjusted the price for me. Not sure if they usually care about the stock quantity, but they didn't question me.

============================================================
Was anyone able to grab it? Sold out all around me, including online.
Now I kind of regret not getting it last week while it was 24.99 and still had 3 copies available online :(
Last edited by SYukiS on Feb 23rd, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 18, 2015
320 posts
240 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
unshavenyak wrote: Pretty sure the Vita versions have.
They've definitely been discounted with PS+, but never a free monthly game.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
1885 posts
272 upvotes
60 hours in, at final boss. Got sidetracked, will eventually get back to it.

I also have a backlog, I barely played the last 3 (Zesteria - awful, Xillas 1&2 are on PS3 that I don't use anymore). Surprised I am finishing this one.
Jun 1, 2007
57 posts
9 upvotes
This sat on my shelf for a few months before I started playing two weeks ago. Really glad I started it though because it's a nice improvement over Zesteria. Definitely recommended at this price, but even the regular price of $24.99 is worth it.
Sep 27, 2010
72 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Why putting an OOS on sale...sigh. Got my hope up for nothing. Still thx OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2342 posts
710 upvotes
New Brunswick
It will go for less at the Playstation Store Sale like other Tales game.
Feb 22, 2018
4 posts
You should try your local walmart and see if they can do a price match for you. It worked for me yesterday. If not, Walmart sells it for 24.96, which is still a good price.