• Apr 21st, 2019 7:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5599 posts
1709 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Best Buy] Thinkware F800 with rear camera $269.99

Best price I have seen on this combo with $299.99 being the lowest.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
41 replies
Jan 5, 2014
159 posts
83 upvotes
Mississauga
I had this camera for a year before I sold my other car. It ready is one of the best. I had absolutely no complaints about it. I bought it for about 300, but just for the front camera.

With that said, I have used the F100 in my newest cars because it works very similarly, and I find I don't really need the GPS. For a while, I felt bad for not getting "the best" to protect me and my cars, but frankly, all I need is a reliable camera with good video and easy connectivity and the F100 fits the bill.

If you want the best of the best for F/R combo, I believe OPs deal is amazing. However, if you really don't need the additional functions, consider their lower end products.

Oh, make sure you buy the wiring harness if you want to hardwire it. It's usually not included.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1338 posts
384 upvotes
Calgary
+1 to above. Hardwire kit is a must, the camera comes with built in voltage control that actually does work, so no need for PMP or any other battery protection.

Last sale price was $300 on Black Friday and Boxing Day so this is a great price.
Last edited by blind56 on Apr 19th, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1226 posts
401 upvotes
Edmonton
Thats a pretty smoking price. I paid $390 total from BlackBoxMyCar when this camera was on sale. Actually paid $329 for the camera itself. But my $390 included front/rear cam. Hardwire install it. Extra 1 year warranty coverage. And install tools/kit.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
3741 posts
1131 upvotes
Edmonton
Price is good - def cheaper than a few weeks ago, but I've looked over and over at video comparisons and for the price, the quality is not that great. The Viofo A129 seems to be far clearer in every test I've seen.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5599 posts
1709 upvotes
Cornwall PE
For those who might be worrying over the -10c cold ratting. I have had mine since november with no issues all winter and an x500 combo with the same ratting before that for two years. And yes the harness is a great addition especially for parking mode and does go on sale for $19.99 from time to time.
Currently $29.99 at bb https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/th ... 98921.aspx?
And amazon https://www.amazon.ca/THINKWARE-TWA-SH- ... way&sr=8-3
Wire taps are fairly cheap at princess auto at $5.99 each. And don't over think it the taps work safely what ever way you insert it into the fuse box, however it is better to do it correctly. The downside to doing it backwards is that if the fuse for the oem accessory blows you also lose power to your dash cam. If correctly with the hot side on the wire lead the dash cam will still be functioning, a 3 amp fuse for the cams is fine.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1140 posts
206 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
WgnDrgn wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 7:31 pm
I had this camera for a year before I sold my other car. It ready is one of the best. I had absolutely no complaints about it. I bought it for about 300, but just for the front camera.

With that said, I have used the F100 in my newest cars because it works very similarly, and I find I don't really need the GPS. For a while, I felt bad for not getting "the best" to protect me and my cars, but frankly, all I need is a reliable camera with good video and easy connectivity and the F100 fits the bill.

If you want the best of the best for F/R combo, I believe OPs deal is amazing. However, if you really don't need the additional functions, consider their lower end products.

Oh, make sure you buy the wiring harness if you want to hardwire it. It's usually not included.
+1... I bought the F200 and the only regret I have is the rear camera is 720p instead of 1080p. Other than that it's a reliable workhorse with real features that just work - parking mode, battery protection, SD card partitioning, etc. Pair it with a high reliability SD card and it's set and forget
Jan 6, 2003
260 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone know if there'd be a way to hook up the rear camera to an android auto head unit (that took a video feed) simultaneously? Would like to find a clean solution for a backup camera functionality in the car.
Nov 7, 2011
464 posts
314 upvotes
British Columbia
I have bought two different thinkware models. Not sure why these are so highly rated. Been dissapointed with both. Paid 60 bucks for no name Chinese rearview mirror and backup camera. Way nicer and better imho. I think this brand is only big because they made a good quality product when most were not good. If you look it up, I bet you this model is from 2009 or something.
Nov 24, 2007
211 posts
141 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
wally_walrus wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:47 am
+1... I bought the F200 and the only regret I have is the rear camera is 720p instead of 1080p. Other than that it's a reliable workhorse with real features that just work - parking mode, battery protection, SD card partitioning, etc. Pair it with a high reliability SD card and it's set and forget
How is the night vision quality? The F800 has their "super night vision 2.0" and the F200 doesn't... otherwise F200 has a very attractive price!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1140 posts
206 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
orange260z wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 2:35 pm
How is the night vision quality? The F800 has their "super night vision 2.0" and the F200 doesn't... otherwise F200 has a very attractive price!
Well, it's decent (watch some Youtube videos or check reviews at daskcamtalk)... but to be fair very few cameras excel in this category, particularly being able to distinguish license plates in motion at night. All I need is a way to record what happened, and the F200 delivers that. More important for me are reliable operation and the parking mode

Tempted to upgrade to an F800 though if "super night vision 2.0" is really that good
Mar 4, 2017
78 posts
27 upvotes
Note, this is F800 and not the F800 pro

There are some minor features and cosmetic differences between the two but doesn’t seem to warrant the additional $100 plus though
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4513 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
wow great deal!! have the F750 and the videos are great no matter day or night.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1843 posts
140 upvotes
Look for Sony STARVIS sensors if you want good night footage in a dash cam.