• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 7:09 pm
Jul 2, 2014
14 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
betamaxman wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 7:25 am
For those who might be worrying over the -10c cold ratting. I have had mine since november with no issues all winter and an x500 combo with the same ratting before that for two years. And yes the harness is a great addition especially for parking mode and does go on sale for $19.99 from time to time.
Currently $29.99 at bb https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/th ... 98921.aspx?
And amazon https://www.amazon.ca/THINKWARE-TWA-SH- ... way&sr=8-3
Wire taps are fairly cheap at princess auto at $5.99 each. And don't over think it the taps work safely what ever way you insert it into the fuse box, however it is better to do it correctly. The downside to doing it backwards is that if the fuse for the oem accessory blows you also lose power to your dash cam. If correctly with the hot side on the wire lead the dash cam will still be functioning, a 3 amp fuse for the cams is fine.
so if I buy the unit and this : https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/th ... 98921.aspx?
I'll be good for a full install including the rear dash cam? Or do I need to buy two of these hard wire kits?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1814 posts
129 upvotes
The rear camera connects to the front camera using its own included cable. The front camera connects to the fuse box via TWA-SH wire.
Jul 2, 2014
14 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
thx excel, also, how many micro sd cards do i need to buy for this setup? do I need to buy 2, one for the front and back? does it come with any sd cards?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
1036 posts
83 upvotes
GTA
winterplight wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 1:41 am
thx excel, also, how many micro sd cards do i need to buy for this setup? do I need to buy 2, one for the front and back? does it come with any sd cards?

The dash cam only supports one memory card to record both front and rear at the same time.

A 16GB memory card is included.
Jul 11, 2008
157 posts
46 upvotes
St. John's
The rear camera is simply an extension to the front camera. The rear is a lens and a image sensor connected to the front camera via a cable. The cable will feed power to the rear camera and the video will feed to the front camera. All the recording and power management is done by the front camera.
Sep 27, 2003
9523 posts
2261 upvotes
Newmarket
I've had the F800 for a couple years. When I wrote off my Maxima, I pulled it out and put it into my Accord.
RFD Forums Moderator
Apr 26, 2009
286 posts
197 upvotes
Calgary
Very tempted by this. Only dealbreaker for me is that it doesn’t have wifi so I can quickly download the clips. For those that have a camera in general, how far back will 128gb of storage give you?
Dec 16, 2014
813 posts
418 upvotes
Easter Island
How does this compare to viofo a129?
Jul 28, 2010
476 posts
376 upvotes
Montreal
Is it easy to install on a vehicle for a few years and remove later to reinstall on another vehicle?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1814 posts
129 upvotes
UltimateB wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 9:33 am
Very tempted by this. Only dealbreaker for me is that it doesn’t have wifi so I can quickly download the clips. For those that have a camera in general, how far back will 128gb of storage give you?
It has wifi.
Apr 26, 2009
286 posts
197 upvotes
Calgary
excel wrote:
It has wifi.
Ah. Read the specs again. Completely missed that. Thanks!

Related to that, hows the app and the ease of downloading videos through the app?
Sep 27, 2003
9523 posts
2261 upvotes
Newmarket
UltimateB wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 9:33 am
It has WiFi...
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
9523 posts
2261 upvotes
Newmarket
UltimateB wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 10:13 am
Ah. Read the specs again. Completely missed that. Thanks!

Related to that, hows the app and the ease of downloading videos through the app?
Easy enough.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2004
1036 posts
83 upvotes
GTA
I purchased the hardwire kit at Best Buy with the camera. When I went home to open it, the hardwire was missing and there was just a micro USB plug!

Hope this will save someone a trip going back, so open the box before you leave the store.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15407 posts
2221 upvotes
Toronto
Just had this installed a few weeks ago at Audio Heaven (experts in this and they sell it too).

Happy so far (nothing to compare it to).

When it was raining, I had to move frame by frame to get someone's license plate but it was in fact there.

Anyone know how to turn off the recording of the sound?
I have to play with the setup still though, my subwoofer is making the camera log all the "incidents" when really it's just the bass hitting
RedFlagDeals addict

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)