Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Thinkware Q800 Pro Dashcam - 2 Channel

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2021 1:11 pm
Feb 16, 2004
496 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] Thinkware Q800 Pro Dashcam - 2 Channel

If anyone is in the market for a dashcam, there is a sale at Best Buy for a Thinkware Q800 Pro front/back cameras with hardwiring cabling included.

Best Buy specs are off when it comes to operating temperature. Lowest condition is -10 Celsius.....
https://ca.thinkware.com/product-page/q ... am-bundle/

It detects both red light/speed camera alerts.
Last edited by Gixxer on Jun 4th, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
36 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP, seems like a good deal. I've been waiting for their Blade dash cam, with supposed integration with some BMWs, but it keeps getting delayed... This is tempting
Last edited by n-ster on Jun 4th, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Operating Temperature 10°C - 60°C
This cant be right? Even Toronto gets below 0°C let alone the rest of Canada getting down to the negative double digits...
Sep 23, 2013
654 posts
809 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yeah. Should be negative 10

Use the product at a temperature between 14°F and 140°F (-10°C to 60°C) and store the product at a temperature between -4°F and 158°F (-20°C to 70°C).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
hartzfizzo wrote: Yeah. Should be negative 10

Use the product at a temperature between 14°F and 140°F (-10°C to 60°C) and store the product at a temperature between -4°F and 158°F (-20°C to 70°C).
Even -10 sucks... I get down to -30 for months in the dead of the Northern Ontario Winter. The Prairies are in the same boat. Guess this is a Southern Ontario / Costal BC camera.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2313 posts
3013 upvotes
2K @30FPS , FHD also 30 FPS???? seems like so.
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1873 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
kr0zet wrote: Even -10 sucks... I get down to -30 for months in the dead of the Northern Ontario Winter. The Prairies are in the same boat. Guess this is a Southern Ontario / Costal BC camera.
Personally, I prefer avoiding frostbite while I drive
GammaRayFort wrote: 2K @30FPS , FHD also 30 FPS???? seems like so.
You can get 2K @ 60fps with the Thinkware U1000, Blackvue 750x is 1080p 60fps
IceCreamGee wrote: If your winters are frigid cold I'd recommend looking into capacitor dashcams
"The integrated Super Capacitors and Thermal Sensor provide added safety and reliability in extreme temperatures"
Also in specs: Input Power : DC 12/24V, Built-in Super Capacitor

So probably don't have to worry
Last edited by n-ster on Jun 4th, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1281 posts
1147 upvotes
If your winters are frigid cold I'd recommend looking into capacitor dashcams
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
IceCreamGee wrote: If your winters are frigid cold I'd recommend looking into capacitor dashcams
This is a super capacitor camera...
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2310 posts
1655 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
kr0zet wrote: Even -10 sucks... I get down to -30 for months in the dead of the Northern Ontario Winter. The Prairies are in the same boat. Guess this is a Southern Ontario / Costal BC camera.
I've had it for a year in Ottawa, no problem with the cold. Especially if it's hardwired and in parking mode, it'll generate some heat so internal temperature won't go that low. You could easily tell due to a defrost circle forming around it on cold mornings (this also helps clear the windshield so it can "see" around)
Lucky Mobile $20/Month 3GB (unlimited at 128Kbps) further reduced by $5 / month per referral credit(s)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
n-ster wrote: Personally, I prefer avoiding frostbite while I drive
Me too, sucks that I will have to spend time trying to install this camera every time I want to record something for the 3 months of the year where i can't leave the camera in the SUV 24/7...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
wally_walrus wrote: I've had it for a year in Ottawa, no problem with the cold. Especially if it's hardwired and in parking mode, it'll generate some heat so internal temperature won't go that low. You could easily tell due to a defrost circle forming around it on cold mornings (this also helps clear the windshield so it can "see" around)
Thank you for the first hand experience.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
2286 posts
3262 upvotes
Victoria
This was the Boxing Day price too. Got it then, installed via hardwire, has been working great since then.
Jan 10, 2018
384 posts
1175 upvotes
Thanks OP, picked one up. Been waiting on a deal for a solid dashcam and this seems to do the trick.
Aug 30, 2009
282 posts
359 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Strike that, these links below are for the front camera only and no hardwire kit!!!

The markups on dashcams are crazy in Canada. I know the border is closed and cross-border shipping may be expensive (with duties and all), but here's the USD price ($199): https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/ ... ash-camera. Weird, the BBMC is a Canadian company based in Richmond BC, yet their .com site price (US $199) is so much less than their current .ca site price (CAD $399): https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/products/t ... ash-camera. They do occasionally have refurbs and this setup is under CAD $200 then.
Mar 18, 2006
627 posts
70 upvotes
I had an older model of the Thinkware dashcam, also 2 channel. Have parked outside through 2 years of winter and have never had a problem with it. Thinkware and Blackvue are the 2 best dashcam brands.
~=[,,_,,]:3
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37130 upvotes
Their design isn't flashy, but Thinkware are some of the best dashcams on the market.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2871 upvotes
manoflegend12 wrote: I had an older model of the Thinkware dashcam, also 2 channel. Have parked outside through 2 years of winter and have never had a problem with it. Thinkware and Blackvue are the 2 best dashcam brands.
I have to disagree about Blackvue. When I was selling it, RMA rate was way higher. Just too many failures (including my own DR400G-HD first revision). They're still a big name, and I would take MIK over MIC any day of the week personally though.
Avocado333 wrote: How about these?

Thinkware X700 Full HD 1080p Dash Cam & Rear Camera
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/th ... y/13497554

Thinkware F800 1080p Wi-Fi Dashcam with Rear View Camera & Hardwiring Cable
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/th ... e/B0013792

Which one should I get between the two?
I would never get a cam with a built in screen. They're pretty damn well useless since everyone has a phone these days. Also larger footprint, generally just means bigger target if you ever park in shady areas. Though the price is on point considering the X700 IS basically an F800 w/ a screen. The F800 was the successor to the F750. Both rock solid cams, but the Q800PRO/QA100 Elite is the generation after that (and it's already almost 3 years old). It's functionally the same model as the QA100 (except that includes the $25 CPL filter) for anyone doing research.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Their design isn't flashy, but Thinkware are some of the best dashcams on the market.
Damn, paid way more ($429.99) but wanted it ASAP as my 2 week old car already got scratched by some careless person.

Also I used to actually sell dashcams a few years back (~500+ units). This is by no means a new model, but still Thinkware is definitely as you said before me one of the more "high-end" and reliable brands. Have literally had one RMA and that was someone "upgrading" their F750 firmware incorrectly.

This makes me wonder if they're finally ready to toss it for a next-gen model. Dashcams don't really have a lotta difference feature wise. It's more the software/reliability that's key in my experience. All in all, very good price for a rock-solid cam that has Sony STARVIS w/ rear + hw kit.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)