[Best Buy] Today only - Netgear AC2200 Mesh RBK22 - 130$ off, only 199$

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 12:00 am
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
16 posts
40 upvotes

[Best Buy] Today only - Netgear AC2200 Mesh RBK22 - 130$ off, only 199$

Bought this 2 pack kit last week at 250$, will go back for a PP. I must say at this price, if you are looking for a Mesh Wifi...it's the best one to go with. It was up and running in 15 minutes, and has literally doubled, (even tripled), internet speed throughout a three storey brick triplex. Using it as an access point with my videotron router, no issues at all. I keep the router on the third floor and one satellite on the first.
37 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
4639 posts
630 upvotes
Thanks OP, been keeping an eye out for a deal on a mesh system, will see how this one stacks up!
Mar 3, 2012
41 posts
23 upvotes
HAMILTON
Is it worth it to buy this for a 1400sqft place?
Apr 18, 2017
437 posts
766 upvotes
Igoran4s wrote: Is it worth it to buy this for a 1400sqft place?
Probably not. If you get a good non mesh router, it should easily handle 1400sq ft.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1499 posts
941 upvotes
GlenLalonde wrote: no wifi 6 = not interested
I always wondered what the value of posts like this are?

Thanks OP
Aug 25, 2013
296 posts
327 upvotes
Thanks! Is the difference between this and RBK23 only the additional satellite unit?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1499 posts
941 upvotes
Anyone know if you can mix and match mesh networks?
i.e connect my existing TP Link Deco M5 to this via Ethernet and use same SSID. Or is that not possible?
My cable is in the basement only (thanks to Rogers), and I need the wifi available all the way to the top (2nd) floor in an opposite corner of the house.
Currently looking for better range and speeds as we have about 20-25 connected devices and any given time.
Dec 3, 2007
386 posts
33 upvotes
Can anyone remember the price at Costco?
Sep 4, 2009
446 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
Pete2662 wrote: Thanks! Is the difference between this and RBK23 only the additional satellite unit?
Yes. You get one less satellite but if your hous isn’t that big to begin with you’ll be fine with just one.

I bought this for the same price on Boxing Day. It’s been decent so far. Faster than most mesh solutions in this price range.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
16 posts
40 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote: Anyone know if you can mix and match mesh networks?
i.e connect my existing TP Link Deco M5 to this via Ethernet and use same SSID. Or is that not possible?
My cable is in the basement only (thanks to Rogers), and I need the wifi available all the way to the top (2nd) floor in an opposite corner of the house.
Currently looking for better range and speeds as we have about 20-25 connected devices and any given time.
That's what I did...but without any existing mesh system. I simply connected the base Orbi to the Videotron, (Rogers in your case) router via ethernet as an access point. Plug the satellite in, I've plugged it two floors down in about the same location as the base unit. Turn off the Wifi in your existing router and let Orbi and it's wifeless Satellite handle the rest. I don't think you will want to mix and match since Orbi is Tri-band, meaning, 2.4, 5, and a dedicated band between the base unit and satellite which doesn't eat up the bandwidth like other systems. It is a 5 star purchase in my opinion, and the 200$ is the lowest price you'll find, that's for sure.

In online reviews, some people don't like the fact that the Orbi doesn't allow you to have separate 2.4 and 5 ghz SSID's, but I don't know why....the devices will connect to the fastest connection it is able to find, so I find that easier anyways. I have Alexa and Google home, a bunch of smart plugs, tablets, and I haven't had any issues. Everything is so much better, plus my Wifi doesn't go out when the microwave is on anymore ! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1499 posts
941 upvotes
Thanks but since I have the existing mesh (using Rogers only as modem, not router) I’m trying to determine an advantage to using this vs the existing one or this with the existing one. My connections are okay but not as great as I feel they should be especially since I have gigabit network.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
16 posts
40 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote: Thanks but since I have the existing mesh (using Rogers only as modem, not router) I’m trying to determine an advantage to using this vs the existing one or this with the existing one. My connections are okay but not as great as I feel they should be especially since I have gigabit network.
IMO I would think the fact Orbi is Triband and AC2200, the Orbi would give you better speeds. You could use the Orbi base unit as a Router with the Rogers modem in your case as opposed to an access point, but yeah, it would replace your existing TP mesh. I was using an extender before that...so it was night and day for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1499 posts
941 upvotes
Canadianmist wrote: IMO I would think the fact Orbi is Triband and AC2200, the Orbi would give you better speeds. You could use the Orbi base unit as a Router with the Rogers modem in your case as opposed to an access point, but yeah, it would replace your existing TP mesh. I was using an extender before that...so it was night and day for me.
Thanks. I guess the only way to find out about the range then is to give it a try.