• Nov 9th, 2020 7:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1934 posts
2867 upvotes

[Best Buy] Toshiba 55" Fire TV 419$

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/to ... y/14422159

Decent deal Toshiba 55" 4K Fire TV for 419$. Price is fair IMO. This price seems to come up 3-4 times a year.
Personally I have 2 Fire TV sticks and 1 Fire Box and very pleased w/ their performance.

Cheers, KH
14 replies
Jan 31, 2019
23 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks OP, picked one up. Waiting to see if the TCL5 series goes on sale during BF but will keep this for now!
Oct 25, 2018
133 posts
86 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: What's a fire TV?
Not sure if it was a joke, but, Simply put its A tv with built in firestick.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1006 posts
121 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote: The OS is created by Amazon
But it can run sideloaded Android apps.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19991 posts
2703 upvotes
Out west
I bought one 2 years ago on black friday before we moved, to replace the 46" 12 year Sharp Aquos we had. Took me a year and a half to actually set it up after we moved. Glad we got it, before that we used the PS3 for online stuff, and it worked. But I like the built in stuff. Although when we I bought it I could of cared less about the Fire TV option, I just liked the size and the price of it.

Been happy with it, once in awhile I need to reboot it as sound doesnt come through, but its so random and barely happens, it doesnt matter

Its not the main movie TV, but Im impressed by the picture. Side by side to others is it as good, I dont know.

As a smart TV, Im impressed with it, and a lot easier to use than the PS3, which has no app updates anymore. Although we really only use Netflix, Plex, Youtube and Amazon Prime on it

The option to talk to the remote to find things on Youtube is nice, basically for music
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Nov 9th, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 28, 2011
541 posts
187 upvotes
Alberta
It seems like this is a Hisense TV. Anyone know how it compares to others in their lineup?
Jul 28, 2008
840 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
abbhishek wrote: Not sure if it was a joke, but, Simply put its A tv with built in firestick.
Had no idea what a Fire TV was either, and still no idea as I'm not sure what a firestick is. Will just google though.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3963 posts
1214 upvotes
Durham Region
Phokus wrote: Had no idea what a Fire TV was either, and still no idea as I'm not sure what a firestick is. Will just google though.
It's Amazon's version of Android tv. Benefit is ability to sideload android APKs on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1538 posts
1836 upvotes
BC
FireTV/Firestick are Amazon devices that run a customized version of Android.

You can install and run a lot of apps (besides NetFlix, Prime, YouTube, that it comes with) that you have on your Android phone to watch/listen media. Search YouTube on how to watch movies/TV shows on firestick.