Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System - 2 Pack - $199

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2020 6:32 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2014
59 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] TP-Link Deco M9 Plus AC2200 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System - 2 Pack - $199

Been keeping a lookout for mesh router. I think this is a pretty good deal.

Other retailers have it for ~$215 as boxing day deal.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3407 posts
750 upvotes
Toronto
JoshCollins wrote: Does anyone know how it is compared to this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VPW6Y6G/ref ... 5FbKT95H9N
The m9 is Triband which is very useful if you can't do weird back haul.

If you can connect with Ethernet to all the satellites then yours would be better.

If you can't then make sure you get Triband to get good speeds otherwise your wireless network speeds will suffer
[OP]
Jan 13, 2014
59 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: The m9 is Triband which is very useful if you can't do weird back haul.

If you can connect with Ethernet to all the satellites then yours would be better.

If you can't then make sure you get Triband to get good speeds otherwise your wireless network speeds will suffer
yeah i picked this mainly due to the triband factor. Also the parental control etc. for free is always a plus.
Apr 24, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
I wish they would come in a 3 pack I have them but still have one dead spot.
Feb 27, 2009
913 posts
882 upvotes
Any comments of this vs eero, nest?
Oct 31, 2010
679 posts
495 upvotes
Edmonton
I have the M5 and coverage is good. But I have it in AP mode and it has a stupid "smart DHCP" feature where it will enable DHCP if it detects that it lost connection to the DHCP server. So if I reboot my router, the Deco turns on DHCP. Its supposed to disable it once it detects another DHCP server again but I haven't had that happen yet. Every time I reboot my router, I need to unplug the decos, wait for the router to boot up again, then plug in the Decos. It's a huge pain and I'm considering replacing the system because of it. Not sure if other Deco models have this "feature" but something to look into if you're going to be running it in AP mode.
Jul 7, 2020
6 posts
3 upvotes
One of the best mesh routers.
I have been using them from past 18 months, no issue at all. No dead spot in my entire house.
Mar 12, 2011
229 posts
50 upvotes
Grabbed it, thanks op
Frugal, thrifty, cheap, call it what you may. I'll call it genius
Oct 19, 2006
528 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
darkstar107 wrote: I have the M5 and coverage is good. But I have it in AP mode and it has a stupid "smart DHCP" feature where it will enable DHCP if it detects that it lost connection to the DHCP server. So if I reboot my router, the Deco turns on DHCP. Its supposed to disable it once it detects another DHCP server again but I haven't had that happen yet. Every time I reboot my router, I need to unplug the decos, wait for the router to boot up again, then plug in the Decos. It's a huge pain and I'm considering replacing the system because of it. Not sure if other Deco models have this "feature" but something to look into if you're going to be running it in AP mode.
I have the M5 as well, but Why would you want to use the it in AP mode only?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1372 posts
52 upvotes
Is this better or a single AX86u for 2500 sq ft 2 stories ?
Thank you in advance for your help !
Oct 31, 2010
679 posts
495 upvotes
Edmonton
bb320 wrote: I have the M5 as well, but Why would you want to use the it in AP mode only?
Because I have a router that is far more configurable than what the deco offers.
Mar 6, 2006
628 posts
91 upvotes
Is it worth it to add these m9 plus to an existing M5 mesh system. ??
Sep 22, 2020
225 posts
288 upvotes
I had nightgear nighthawk and replaced them with the m9s. Massive difference in performance
Oct 19, 2006
528 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
darkstar107 wrote: Because I have a router that is far more configurable than what the deco offers.
ah ok make sense, but you can still use the M5 as a DHCP server can you?