[Best Buy] TP-Link HS200 Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch 25$

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2019 3:25 pm
[OP]
Nov 27, 2018
152 posts
281 upvotes

[Best Buy] TP-Link HS200 Wi-Fi Smart Light Switch 25$

Same price at Amazon, I bought 4 of them. I'd like to hear some feedback from people who owned these switches. I'd prefer z-wave switches, but they are more expensive. I'm not sure if those inovelli switches will go on sale again, seeing really good reviews for those, but they are OOS forever.

I also heard the lowest price been 20$, so if you can wait, you may want to pass this deal
Last edited by ededed3 on May 3rd, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
[OP]
Nov 27, 2018
152 posts
281 upvotes
I own the zooz switches, they are working very reliably so far. I'm hoping these can be the same.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2018
152 posts
281 upvotes
Also i'm more interested in knowing how well they are working with smartthings.
Apr 20, 2011
200 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
Will it fit in a standard plate or need a special plate? Looking to install this as one in a 3 switch plate
Feb 2, 2006
534 posts
402 upvotes
I own about 10 of these and no issues with smartthings with the TP device handler.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1113 posts
253 upvotes
These require a neutral wire. I thought my wall switches had one but apparently do not. Anyone know of an electrician that can run a neutral wire?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3738 posts
3749 upvotes
Alberta
zerocool_maverick wrote: Will it fit in a standard plate or need a special plate? Looking to install this as one in a 3 switch plate
This will fit with your standard decora wall plates... I have several in 2 and 3 gang boxes... The single plate that comes with these are much nicer than a decora plate though, but they will obviously only work with single boxes.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2018
152 posts
281 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I have 14 of these (2-way and 3-way) and just ordered 3 more. They work great with smartthings using a custom device handler... This thread is kinda a duplicate of my own here...

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-bu ... #p30884998
Sorry didn't see your post earlier, I got an alert of price drop today, so I bought and posted the deal
[OP]
Nov 27, 2018
152 posts
281 upvotes
I have 14 of these (2-way and 3-way) and just ordered 3 more.
I own about 10 of these and no issues with smartthings with the TP device handler.
Thanks guys for giving me the confidence of using them
Sep 10, 2009
483 posts
309 upvotes
This is the normal price for Best Buy. I've been eyeing the dimmer version but been watching this one too and it's been the same price with the $20 sale price every so often
Jan 13, 2015
76 posts
23 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
Been happy with mine. App works well to schedule and whatnot. Have not needed to pursue further integrations myself. Quality is pretty good. Click feels a tad plasticky but still a solid feel to it. Easy to install and looks good. I didn't use the included plate as i used it in a 2 gang.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3738 posts
3749 upvotes
Alberta
Feels Good Man wrote: This is the normal price for Best Buy. I've been eyeing the dimmer version but been watching this one too and it's been the same price with the $20 sale price every so often
It's been $35 for the past couple months, but it was $25 before that. Amazon has been selling them for $35 too, but just matched this price today.
Jun 21, 2012
367 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
I have one that controls my outdoor lights. It's been set up so the light turns on at dusk and off at dawn. It's been more than 5 months without any issues. I can also control it with Google Home through routines and voice commands.
Jan 22, 2015
458 posts
520 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These just work as on/off right and I'd need a specific dimmer one if I needed that function?
(For a led light where i can't change the bulbs)
Jan 12, 2004
781 posts
392 upvotes
newcan wrote: These just work as on/off right and I'd need a specific dimmer one if I needed that function?
(For a led light where i can't change the bulbs)
Correct. The dimmer is a different, more expensive model.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1027 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
smoisan wrote: I have one that controls my outdoor lights. It's been set up so the light turns on at dusk and off at dawn. It's been more than 5 months without any issues. I can also control it with Google Home through routines and voice commands.
You leave your outdoor lights on all night?
JS
Jun 21, 2012
367 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
James Stonehenge wrote: You leave your outdoor lights on all night?
Actually no. When I go to sleep I have a good night routine with Google Home. It turns off all lights including the exterior lights and the television.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2018
152 posts
281 upvotes
I'm also worried about Internet connection, probably fine with a few switches, when more and more are added that open up internet connection, it could cause some issues? I bought 4 switches to replace my hue bulbs, so I don't need it so urgent, maybe I should wait for deals on zwave, the zooz ones I got are twice the price, what is the best deal for zwave switch except inoville ones that are OOS. How these switches behave if internet is lost with smartthing, I.e automations.