• Jun 28th, 2020 2:50 pm
[OP]
Jan 25, 2010
255 posts
275 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Best Buy] TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Lite - 2 Pack $25 | $10 off

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/tp ... 6-13863896

On sale for "better than Boxing Day" prices. I have around 6 of these and they are rock solid. The kasa app is great and Google Home integration is reliable. I can't speak for their Alexa counterpart but I assume it is the same. Works out to be the same price or slightly more than no name Chinese brands you can buy on Amazon. No hub required.

Includes two TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Lite plugs
Provides remote control of connected light-duty electronics via the free Kasa app on your compatible mobile device
Connects to secure home Wi-Fi networks with no hub required
Scheduling function allows the Smart Plug to automatically power on and off connected devices as needed
Away mode turns your devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home, ideal for frequent travelers
Compact, 1.5" thick size doesn't take up too much space or block other outlets
Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Microsoft Cortana for hands-free convenience

Create a smarter, safer home with the TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Lite. It features an Away mode that turns devices on and off at different times, creating the appearance that someone is home, even if you're not. You can also create custom settings, or turn your lights or other devices on or off from anywhere using your connected mobile device.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200626-021044_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by IanHam on Jun 26th, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
34 replies
Dec 9, 2017
160 posts
331 upvotes
These are the light 12aMPs, not 15amps. HS103, if you want more, get the HS105.
With that being said, the are solid and work excellent with homebridge. I only used the app to pair them and never after.
Great for Christmas tree lights.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3553 posts
3166 upvotes
Muskoka
Among other things, I use this to do a hard 'reboot' of my internet router each morning at 3am. Off at 3am, back On at 3:01am. Works great.
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6115 posts
1401 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How do these compare to CE Smart plugs from costco?
Jul 4, 2018
468 posts
395 upvotes
Canadianbac0n wrote: These are the light 12aMPs, not 15amps. HS103, if you want more, get the HS105.
With that being said, the are solid and work excellent with homebridge. I only used the app to pair them and never after.
Great for Christmas tree lights.
Noobie question.

Do we really need more power than these?
Put some resphek on my name!
[OP]
Jan 25, 2010
255 posts
275 upvotes
Winnipeg
Unresphek wrote: Noobie question.

Do we really need more power than these?
Should be fine most applications. These wouldn't work with high draw devices, such as air conditioner, space heater, block heater or kitchen appliances.
Sep 12, 2006
309 posts
337 upvotes
Thanks OP ordered 2 packs. I’m assuming these would be a bit more secure vs. the off-brand ones?
Apr 15, 2003
150 posts
13 upvotes
Great Deal. I recently bought one of these off Amazon for about $17. Works great with the TP-Link Kasa App.
For those that are already using these, have you been able to get Google Home Mini voice control to work controlling the TP-Link Smart Outlet? If so, How?
This knowledge may help buying decisions.
Cheers!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3299 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
is the hard reboot good for the router? I am thinking of getting this for that exact same purpose.
Jul 4, 2018
468 posts
395 upvotes
IanHam wrote:
Should be fine most applications. These wouldn't work with high draw devices, such as air conditioner, space heater, block heater or kitchen appliances.
Yah that was what ive figured as well but thought there might be other stuff i am not aware of yet
jakk wrote: These look like a good deal as well

Meross 4 pack
There are so many choices. Which to buy?
Put some resphek on my name!
Oct 17, 2002
875 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
Dont need them, but tempted to get them. I've been using 3 smart switches and 1 of these 'lite' plugs. And these work flawlessly with Alexa

I do like the router reboot idea though
Dec 27, 2017
44 posts
81 upvotes
undacova wrote: is the hard reboot good for the router? I am thinking of getting this for that exact same purpose.
Me too, but I thought there would have to be internet connectivity 24/7 for these plugs to work. Or would it turn on the router despite not have a connection, based on timer settings stored. Please let me know.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3252 posts
3161 upvotes
Alberta
Unresphek wrote: Yah that was what ive figured as well but thought there might be other stuff i am not aware of yet There are so many choices. Which to buy?
Can't go wrong with Kasa. They have a huge product line for all your needs and great support. They are also very good value since they are often in sale.