Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Lite - 4 Pack HS103P4 $19.99!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 11:57 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1346 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Functionally though... Does it make a significant difference getting the 12A vs 15A? Just trying to justify if one should keep the 12A...
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2215 posts
1235 upvotes
Toronto
sheepe wrote: Functionally though... Does it make a significant difference getting the 12A vs 15A? Just trying to justify if one should keep the 12A...
U prob need 15amp if u need to run this smart plug on portable heater, coffee machine, hot water boiler, hair dryer...Those kind of appliances that will draw significant amount of electricity to serve its purpose.
Dec 18, 2004
191 posts
90 upvotes
I got two packs of 12a also. Better than 10 and I can use these for lighter loads no where near 10 or 12a.

I managed to get these working well locally in home assistant. I added them to the Kasa app and once I added it asked me to update firmware, which I did not do. Then I changed a firewall rule that I created for the plug MAC address from access wan to deny. It doesn’t work via the Kasa app without internet access, but I can get it in home assistant by adding then ip as a switch in my config file. I can use it locally and with internet blocked don’t have to worry about them updating my firmware remotely and killing my HA integration.

If they didn’t work in ha then I would be returning them but I’m happy for the price!