• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2018 12:44 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
399 posts
333 upvotes
Winnipeg

Best Buy U.S. won't accept Canadian Payal payments

Why won't Best Buy accept payments from a Canadian Paypal account? Most U.S. stores including Walmart will.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5782 posts
802 upvotes
It's up to them what they want to accept, just like how Best Buy has blacklisted most US Parcel Pickup places near the border use so it's probably along those lines.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9726 posts
1841 upvotes
Victoria
They're hell bent on not shipping to Canadians. They've also blocked Canadians from being able to ship to most Reshipper companies in the US :(
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1984 posts
1089 upvotes
Calgary
Since Best Buy US won't ship to Canada, and PayPal typically restricts purchases to the address listed on file, it makes sense they won't accept Canadian PayPal accounts.
Apr 26, 2012
51 posts
30 upvotes
VERDUN
I confirm this happens and IMHO is really stupid, especially when one has US funds in the PayPal account and is forced to use a credit card with their fantasy conversion rates regardless. And Best Buy will cancel any order shipped to a drop off point like a warehouse etc.
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
399 posts
333 upvotes
Winnipeg
Devhux wrote: Since Best Buy US won't ship to Canada, and PayPal typically restricts purchases to the address listed on file, it makes sense they won't accept Canadian PayPal accounts.
I'm in the US now and have used my Paypal account to order things here and have them delivered to where I am in the US. Best Buy won't accept my paypal account even when delivering to a US address. I don't want it shipped to Canada I want it shipped to a US address or even ordered for in-store pickup but my Paypal is refused. I've used it at Walmart, Under Armour etc. with no problems down here, don't know why Best Buy hates Canadians, but I will refuse to shop in their stores now.
Aug 20, 2009
7870 posts
2726 upvotes
Grimsby
I've run into this as well and the only way I found around it was a credit card payment, they provide specific instructions for international orders that work if you follow them. Then I just pick it up at the Buffalo location.

But yeah it's dumb.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
3051 posts
167 upvotes
Did this change recently? I've ordered from BestBuy USA before via Paypal and shipped it to CBI for pickup.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2147 posts
371 upvotes
This is all likely because they have Canadian distribution and if everyone purchased out of the U.S. their Canadian business would suffer more than it does right now..
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18015 posts
4569 upvotes
Toronto
alienzed wrote: I confirm this happens and IMHO is really stupid, especially when one has US funds in the PayPal account and is forced to use a credit card with their fantasy conversion rates regardless.
Just get a credit card with no forex fees.